Pages:
Author

Topic: Receive Airdrop by sending 0 Ether? - page 3. (Read 495 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 20
June 19, 2018, 02:43:58 AM
I think you should stay away from such airdrop. An Erc-20 is created very simply, many people create altcoins for spam purposes and it does not have any value because it's not a project. There are a few sites that regularly update the airdrop such as airdropalert, airdrops.io ... you can join.

Majority of those erc-20 tokens are not successful. I may agree on that part. But there are still self-airdrops where you have to send just very small amount of ether or 0 ether and you'll gonna receive thousands of tokens. With limited time offer only before the ICO will launch. But then, just 1% to 2% only are being known, succeeds and being recognized.
Activity: 565
Merit: 268
Remember who u are, what u are & who you represent
June 17, 2018, 06:13:16 PM
Why don't you just stay away from those airdrops? Sending 0 ETH will also need you to pay the gas price. And even if you get such airdrop token, there is literally no guarantee that your token will worth anything. Airdrops are a very simple way to get so many followers on twitter and telegram. It's not that hard to create your own ERC20 based tokens and I think most of the airdrops campaigns are being launched solely on the purpose of making their communities bigger. This is a way many scammers are following. I got involved in an ICO named Uchit which has 50k telegram followers because they launched an airdrop campaign to attract bigger investors so that they can run away with millions. But thankfully they have been exposed.
Activity: 420
Merit: 117
June 17, 2018, 05:38:23 PM
It's not empty or it does not get airs. If you join 100 airdrops you get only 5-6 of them. I try to earn this way.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
June 17, 2018, 05:30:00 PM
I just got my tokens this way yesterday in this way. I think it's all done in order to verification your wallets
Activity: 196
Merit: 0
June 17, 2018, 05:26:32 PM
Well, you don’t send money to anybody, the amount of ether is zero and sometimes such airdrops are not fraud. For example there was an ENU airdrop in February and now it costs almost 300$. Or another example – I participated in TowerBee airdrop today (its announcement is here https://t.me/TowerBee) and got 100 TBE tokens just by sending 0 ether
Activity: 812
Merit: 252
May 17, 2018, 10:05:50 AM
The first rule is to never send any money for the expectation to receive something back in return. An airdrop is simply a marketing tool and a way to distribute the tokens for creating a community.
Activity: 378
May 17, 2018, 09:56:21 AM
I think you should stay away from such airdrop. An Erc-20 is created very simply, many people create altcoins for spam purposes and it does not have any value because it's not a project. There are a few sites that regularly update the airdrop such as airdropalert, airdrops.io ... you can join.
Activity: 31
May 17, 2018, 08:11:35 AM
If someone asks you to send your money for the airdrop, this is fraud. The very meaning of airdrop is the free distribution of tokens. To receive them you may need to either fill out the form or register in the whitelist.
But do not send any money to anyone, do not give your passwords and specify not your main e-mail, as many projects are fraud. You will receive a lot of useless spam messages. Like "You won something - send us money and get a prize", "only you are offered a closed sale, send money and get a 100% bonus."
Do not believe this ever.

Thanks. The one I joined though does not involve any substantial amount, just send 0 ether, so I guess just few cents to spare for the network cost and once you send it you will then receive the airdrop coins instantly. Mostly it will be around 3K coins something like that. Perhaps it's just some ambitious dudes who wants to initiate a project, they will generate coins using ethereum network create a contract and make an announcement to participate and once they see many participants that's the only time they will start in doing the project. Due to lack of knowledge and planning I bet mostly will fail but I am hoping to see someone finding a bit of success like being able to lunch a product, or create a whitepaper.
Activity: 280
Merit: 101
May 17, 2018, 07:38:41 AM
If someone asks you to send your money for the airdrop, this is fraud. The very meaning of airdrop is the free distribution of tokens. To receive them you may need to either fill out the form or register in the whitelist.
But do not send any money to anyone, do not give your passwords and specify not your main e-mail, as many projects are fraud. You will receive a lot of useless spam messages. Like "You won something - send us money and get a prize", "only you are offered a closed sale, send money and get a 100% bonus."
Do not believe this ever.
Activity: 31
May 17, 2018, 07:29:22 AM
Has anyone seen a crypto project where the devs distribute airdrops by asking people to send 0 ether? I have been involved in 2 of these types of airdrop but both failed, was dead, plan did not materialize. What would be someone's motivation in doing this kind of project?
Pages:
Jump to: