Pages:
Author

Topic: Recent IOTA vulnerability: Example of poor vetting by investors - page 2. (Read 1129 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Have you guys read the entire article?
There is no vulnerability right now.
You guys know better than me most of the people wont even go to that link and read the article. They will just read what you quoted on this topic and react with only that information.
Please dont be selective when you give information. Give all the facts.

And please read this one too:
https://medium.com/@jer979/disclosure-im-an-advisor-to-iota-4956de37cfa0
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Also you look at the top coins and except for bitcoin and litecoin the distribution included some type of "premine" or questionable distribution method, followed by massive marketing. It's as if the entire community has been conned.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Yep.

I just cut my losses and dumped my IOTA.

There are so many currencies that have serious problems, e.g. Bytecoin took like 6 months to patch a known flaw that enabled anyone to print as many coins as they want due to a flaw in their implimentation of the EC scheme they used. Dash is still going around pretending it has privacy (and all these people who can't write a line of code believe it). Ripple isn't even a cryptocurrency. Etc etc.

I'm becoming more of a Bitcoin-only guy every day.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Interesting article on the recent IOTA vulnerability that goes into the lack of proper vetting by investors. Really makes you wonder why new coins that haven't been vetted have billion dollar valuations. The typical cryptocurrency investor just isn't that smart.

https://medium.com/@neha/cryptographic-vulnerabilities-in-iota-9a6a9ddc4367

"You might think that IOTA, a cryptocurrency worth over a billion dollars, and working with organizations like Microsoft, University College London, Innogy, and Bosch, BNY Mellon, Cisco, and Foxconn (through the Trusted IOT Alliance) would not have fairly obvious vulnerabilities, but unfortunately, that’s not the case. When we took a look at their system, we found a serious vulnerability and textbook insecure code."

"Many investors are relying on signaling — if enough well-known institutions like universities or large companies sign on as investors or advisors, it indicates approval of the project and its software. The problem is that some of these technologies have serious issues, and the large companies and well-known individuals either aren’t doing due diligence and investing the resources and time needed to evaluate the projects with which they are partnering, or aren’t sharing their findings with everyone else. The cryptocurrency space still doesn’t have a good way to assess these projects."
Pages:
Jump to: