Pages:
Author

Topic: Recession in the Economy - page 2. (Read 1961 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 118
October 26, 2018, 09:47:24 AM

In times of recession and economic crash one of the best national and international practice any country can adopt is to inject more capital into that crashing economy to boost investment and business activities and bitcoin is a good source of raising capital to reinvest in an economy. my country Nigeria is a beneficiary of bitcoin in this time of recession.
how does it affect now? considering the price of bitcoin is decreasing, is the economy in your country still stable, or is the decreasing in bitcoin prices worsening the economy?
Activity: 459
Merit: 10
October 26, 2018, 09:34:00 AM
Watching the recent trend in bonds this year, what is your say about the flattening of the yield curve?
I think this is a bad thing for me. I am a young person and have just started business. I rely on the crypto market to fund my business venture. Now the market seems to be hit hard by a recession and I'm having a lot of trouble. But all of us are in a similar situation, the only thing to do now is to work diligently.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
October 26, 2018, 09:19:39 AM
It is always bound to happen once in a while. It happened back in 87 and than again in 2001 and again in 2008, we have been in the longest running bull run of economy ever for the history and not just time but generally in the marketcap valuations, apple hit 1 trillion for the biggest example. How big is 1 trillion ?

Back in the day when "standard oil" was a thing and cornered all the petroleum market all over america it was basically ruining all other competition and ruled a sector by all itself, than it was divided into many small companies in order to prevent this monopoly and killing competition and those companies all combine for a trillion dollars today, yet apple has that all by itself.

Basically the bull run was not only a long period of time (10 is a lot in economy) but also increased faster than any other time in history. This of course caused the prices of everything go up as well and that created a lack of funds on regular people that couldn't afford luxurious stuff anymore and slowly couldn't afford regular stuff neither which caused companies to not sell as much and basically created a recession.
Activity: 798
Merit: 527
October 26, 2018, 06:20:38 AM
In my opinion, if theirs economy recession there should also be alternative solution for the main time. I think recession is just part of the economy that undergo a process.
Alternative solution is something you will have to find as an individual and it is either you want to be storing value in physical assets until the recession dies down which is what a lot of people normally do in most cases, and now that there is an alternative when it comes to digital assets, it should even make it a whole lot more interesting for a lot of people in the long run. Recession is something that can happen to any economy that cannot stand on its own, so one way or the other, the choice is yours as a citizen to know how to play your card well so you do not get affected.
Activity: 396
October 25, 2018, 02:59:38 AM
In fact, most people involved in cryptocurrencies should know this truth. The economic recession is good for cryptocurrencies. It is important to know that Bitcoin was born in the 2008 financial crisis.
Activity: 378
October 24, 2018, 10:31:49 PM
In my opinion, if theirs economy recession there should also be alternative solution for the main time. I think recession is just part of the economy that undergo a process.
brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 0
October 21, 2018, 09:30:47 AM
A recession is usually underway when there are several quarters of slowing but still positive growth. Often a quarter of negative growth will occur, followed by positive growth for several quarters, and then another quarter of negative growth. The first sign of an impending recession occurs in one of the leading economic indicators such as manufacturing jobs. Manufacturers receive large orders months in advance. That's measured by the durable goods order report. If that declines over time, so will factory jobs. When manufacturers stop hiring, it means other sectors of the economy will slow. 
Activity: 7
October 21, 2018, 12:34:43 PM
A fall-off in consumer demand is normally the culprit behind slowing growth. As sales drop off, businesses stop expanding. Soon afterward they stop hiring new workers. By this time, the recession is usually underway. A recession is destructive. It creates wide-spread unemployment, sometimes as high as 10 percent. That's when it affects most people. As the unemployment rate rises, consumer purchases fall off even more. Businesses go bankrupt. In many recessions, people lose their homes when they can't afford the mortgage payments. Young people can't get a good job after school. That throws off their entire career. Even if the recession is short, typically nine to 18 months, its impact can be long-lasting.
Activity: 12
October 16, 2018, 12:42:59 PM
A recession is when the economy declines significantly for at least six months. That means there's a drop in the following five economic indicators: real GDP, income, employment, manufacturing, and retail sales. People often say a recession is when the GDP growth rate is negative for two consecutive quarters or more. But a recession can quietly begin before the quarterly gross domestic product reports are out. That's why the National Bureau of Economic Research measures the other four factors. That data comes out monthly. When these economic indicators decline, so will GDP.
Activity: 994
Merit: 138
October 08, 2018, 10:47:09 PM
The market can be in panic mode at the end of next year if the flattening yield curve turns into full inversion, but will not turn into large-scale sales
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
October 08, 2018, 06:06:21 PM
Recession or economic crisis always happen on our economic system. Its happen because central banks always print paper money. Beside that, current economic condition not good with trade war between 2 big country china and america. I think we are already in economic crisis
The economic crisis has been cyclical and fairly recent in recent times. This shows that the global financial market is in crisis and facing many difficulties. There will be new breakthroughs and new developments that will enable the financial markets to recover and grow.
Activity: 173
October 08, 2018, 02:05:25 PM
Economic recession means a consistent decrease in GDP and employment over a period of at least six months. Reduction in total productivity as a result of high level of unemployment is main harbinger or characteristic of economic recession. My country is right now suffering from economic recession. I can say the main reason for this is high level of corruption that has become the very only main way by which our leaders accumulate national wealth into their own pockets and this has negatively affected the economy to the extent that graduates in the country have become vagabond search for jobs that  are not available . With the advent of cryptocurrency, some people have invested in various forms of business through the money they got from crypto. Cryptocurrency had been in place of helping people here in this country. Our concern now is that the government of the country should not take any detrimental step to quit the operation of it in our country. I believe crypto is doing the same thing for other less developed countries of the world.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
October 07, 2018, 06:45:44 AM
Recession is the part of the economy. There are many reasons for the recession of economy like corruption, frauds, dishonesty, panic selling and many other factors. But whenever there is recession the upturn of the economy is also on the way. It is the ongoing process and no one can have monopoly over it. So one should just go with the flow.
brand new
Activity: 0
October 02, 2018, 03:49:49 PM
July 1981-November 1982: This recession affected most of the developed world between the late 1970s to the early 1980s. During this time, the Federal Reserve wanted to rein in inflation and, as a result, began to tighten its monetary policy. Effects from the energy crisis in 1979 (the output of crude oil dropped in the wake of the Iranian Revolution, causing an uptick in prices) were also felt throughout the economy. American unemployment peaked at 10.8 percent in November 1982 and GDP declined 2.7 percent.
October 07, 2018, 02:08:05 AM
March 2001-November 2001: This downturn was a result of Y2K, when dot.com companies were enjoying relatively high interest from investors. This boom led to a bust, with stock prices plummeting along with the values of many high-tech companies. But at the time, the Fed continued to raise interest rates, making it more difficult for companies to obtain (cheaper) credit to stay afloat. The 9/11 attacks also took place during this period, which worsened the crisis. The New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) closed for four days and U.S. indices dropped to some of their lowest levels following the attacks.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
October 03, 2018, 12:18:59 PM
If the economic downturn occurs, I think there will be many people who come to bitcoin because bitcoin also plays a small role for companies to raise capital to continue their production and business activities, reducing the burden on banks. row
Bitcoin affect the economy in many ways. Bitcoin decentralised nature is the main reason behind this. Because of this it does not under control of any kind of authority or government and because of this their is irregularities produce in its production and distribution and this thing directly affects an country national currency. Bitcoin also affect an country bank profits because many people use bitcoin transactions facility instead of bank transfer system. Bitcoin volatile also affects an country share market values. So these thing ultimately affects an country economy.
Activity: 798
September 22, 2018, 11:39:29 PM
Recession or economic crisis always happen on our economic system. Its happen because central banks always print paper money. Beside that, current economic condition not good with trade war between 2 big country china and america. I think we are already in economic crisis
Activity: 756
Merit: 12
September 22, 2018, 10:00:03 PM
With trade war and turkey condition, we are close to global recession. Hopely turkey condition will be going better and not affecting to others country because it will really sad if crisis always repeat
September 22, 2018, 05:17:36 PM
A depression is a deep and long-lasting recession. While no specific criteria exist to declare a depression, unique features of the last U.S. depression — the Great Depression of the 1930s — included a GDP decline in excess of 10 percent and an unemployment rate that briefly touched 25 percent. Simply, a depression is a severe decline that lasts for many years. There have been 33 recessions in the United States since 1854, but there has been only one depression since then.
Activity: 42
Merit: 2
September 17, 2018, 10:57:28 AM
I think Bitcoin will be the top choice right now when the economy slumps as in other respects bitcoin has helped companies to increase revenue and even increase their production so bitcoin will be a secondary advantage when the economy is deteriorating
Pages:
Jump to: