Pages:
Author

Topic: Recover blockchain.info wallet password - 0.5 BTC bounty - page 2. (Read 2405 times)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 332
DMs have been disabled. I am busy.
any new info on this? I have a similiar issue.

I Have access to the Email Address.
I have the old wallest.aes.json file
I know the identifier address.
I even know the bitcoin address etc.
I can't remember what exact passphrase i used for the file, cause at the time it had to be like 12 characters or something.

Unfortunately no update from me, I've tried to recover the wallet.aes.json file using btcrecover but the confirmation email never arrives.

I'm expecting that once I've retrieved the wallet file I will need to create a custom wordlist, I should be able to do this in R or Python.

Once the wordlist is generated I'll need to move the wallet file, btcrecover and the list to a powerful computer cluster to hammer out the password. It is likely that you'll need to do the same.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
any new info on this? I have a similiar issue.

I Have access to the Email Address.
I have the old wallest.aes.json file
I know the identifier address.
I even know the bitcoin address etc.
I can't remember what exact passphrase i used for the file, cause at the time it had to be like 12 characters or something.

With regards to item #1... What happens if you enter the following URL into your webbrowser: https://blockchain.info/wallet/ENTER-YOUR-WALLET-ID-HERE?format=json

for example: https://blockchain.info/wallet/9bb4c672-563e-4806-9012-a3e8f86a0eca?format=json

Does the system prompt you to authorise the login attempt via Email? Do you get sent an email asking to confirm the login? If so, click authorise and try and load the URL again. You should see the wallet.aes.json text which you can copy/paste to a text file in preparation for using btcrecover.

Do you have the email address originally used to register the wallet? If so, you *might* be able to get the Blockchain.info support people to supply you with the wallet.aes.json... which will contain the encrypted "payload" data for your wallet... You'd just need to run the gauntlet of ID verification etc. But I've heard it is possible.

Hello,

I tried out your method, I received the confirmation email, however when returning to the previous tab it did not display the wallet.aes.json data, it remained the same.

Any other suggestions?
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
If you have 12 words passphrase you can generate or recover your password
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
With regards to item #1... What happens if you enter the following URL into your webbrowser: https://blockchain.info/wallet/ENTER-YOUR-WALLET-ID-HERE?format=json

for example: https://blockchain.info/wallet/9bb4c672-563e-4806-9012-a3e8f86a0eca?format=json

Does the system prompt you to authorise the login attempt via Email? Do you get sent an email asking to confirm the login? If so, click authorise and try and load the URL again. You should see the wallet.aes.json text which you can copy/paste to a text file in preparation for using btcrecover.

Do you have the email address originally used to register the wallet? If so, you *might* be able to get the Blockchain.info support people to supply you with the wallet.aes.json... which will contain the encrypted "payload" data for your wallet... You'd just need to run the gauntlet of ID verification etc. But I've heard it is possible.
Bump, still looking for help.
Still looking to crack this, remember I need help;

1. Retrieving the wallet.dat file from blockchain.info
2. Setting up btcrecover on Windows 10, and running it with my suspected permutations.

0.5 BTC bounty for whoever provides me the information that leads me to successfully cracking my wallet. If two people provide the same information it will be the first response to get the bounty, or the response with the most detail pertaining to my case.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 582
I can help you to setup the BTCrecover tool on your system and also help you with other things. Although I never able to crack any password till now due to PC restrictions. let me know if we can try that on your system. PM me
thanks
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
Well seems like the only person that can solve this problem is only you, i just want to share my experience regarding this problem so I just realized that I have a wallet which I created in 2013 initially I do not remember what my password is, so I try my best to input all the passwords that I have made in my life so I make a list for all those passwords and input the pass one by one, finally i can get my wallet back. So just relax and try to remember the possible password, good luck for you.
I have already contacted walletrecovery services and it seems he has failed to crack the wallet, however I have now recalled more of the password so I'd like to try it myself. I need somebody to walk me through the btcrecover tool, how to get it running on Windows 10, how to change the parameters to try specified permutations etc.
Activity: 2436
Merit: 324
If you use code from your imagination (Brain memory) Relax and try to remember the day and the surrounding environment (And the moment)  that you chose the code  or Try several times The codes you use in e-mail and other sites

If the code is in a sheet then you lost it ,  You must contact support blockchain Ask them to change or restore the code of your wallet

What code are you talking about? Is it the password or the recovery phrase? because you can't just ask blockchain.info to change or restore any of them as to the best of my knowledge, they claim that they don't have an access on your wallet so asking is futile[See the quote below]. Blockchain.info cannot help even if you ask them. The only way for op to access his wallet is to have his recovery phrase or to crack the password.

Unfortunately, we're unable to help you re-gain access to your wallet if you've lost or forgotten your password. This is because we don't have access to your wallet or your wallet password.
Maybe he do mean about on those phrases since those are still considered as codes that would access your wallet.In the situation he do have the identifier and email but those credentials cant really still able to recover the wallet.If you do try to make request on change password or find email you would always be asked on those phrases that had given to you to save up. If you lost up those phrases then expect its nearly impossible or even 0% chances on having no access on the wallet.Just being stated above even blockchain site itself cant help out on this issue.
Activity: 2674
Merit: 865
yesssir! 🫡
If you use code from your imagination (Brain memory) Relax and try to remember the day and the surrounding environment (And the moment)  that you chose the code  or Try several times The codes you use in e-mail and other sites

If the code is in a sheet then you lost it ,  You must contact support blockchain Ask them to change or restore the code of your wallet

What code are you talking about? Is it the password or the recovery phrase? because you can't just ask blockchain.info to change or restore any of them as to the best of my knowledge, they claim that they don't have an access on your wallet so asking is futile[See the quote below]. Blockchain.info cannot help even if you ask them. The only way for op to access his wallet is to have his recovery phrase or to crack the password.

Unfortunately, we're unable to help you re-gain access to your wallet if you've lost or forgotten your password. This is because we don't have access to your wallet or your wallet password.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 286
If you use code from your imagination (Brain memory) Relax and try to remember the day and the surrounding environment (And the moment)  that you chose the code  or Try several times The codes you use in e-mail and other sites

If the code is in a sheet then you lost it ,  You must contact support blockchain Ask them to change or restore the code of your wallet
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
Hello everyone, currently in need of help recovering my blockchain.info wallet, here's the details;

I've got a number of bitcoins in a blockchain.info online wallet that I created a few years ago.

What I have;
1. Email access
2. Wallet ID
3. Bitcoin address
4. Most of the password (approx 60%)
5. A powerful computer

What I don't have;
1. Entire Password
2. Mnemonic
3. Offline wallet backup

So here's where you come in, whoever can best instruct me to successfully recover an offline backup of the wallet from blockchain.info (I know it is possible as walletrecoveryservices has done it), and teach me how to set up and modify btcrecover (on Windows 10) to best use what I know about the password will receive a 0.5BTC bounty after I've cracked the wallet. The person who gives the most in-depth answer will be the one to receive the bounty, not necessarily the first, incomplete answer.

If you want to crack it yourself, I may consider it, however you would need to be highly trusted (with transaction for high BTC amounts and PROVE how much processing power you've got on hand, as you'll need a beast to crack the password. I will only consider ONE person for this, the reward for cracking it for me will be 0.75BTC. Do not PM me offering to crack my password, post your offer in the thread.

if your password easy you can find many crackers here Just check them and choose trusted one
staff
Activity: 3402
Merit: 6065
Why not use walletrecoveryservices in the first place? they are a reputable service. I suggest contacting shorena, I believe he knows these things.
Hello everyone, currently in need of help recovering my blockchain.info wallet, here's the details;

I've got a number of bitcoins in a blockchain.info online wallet that I created a few years ago.

What I have;
1. Email access
2. Wallet ID
3. Bitcoin address
4. Most of the password (approx 60%)
5. A powerful computer

What I don't have;
1. Entire Password
2. Mnemonic/Seed/Private Key/Pass Phrase or anything similar.
3. Offline wallet backup

So here's where you come in, whoever can best instruct me to successfully recover an offline backup of the wallet from blockchain.info (I know it is possible as walletrecoveryservices has done it), and teach me how to set up and modify btcrecover (on Windows 10) to best use what I know about the password will receive a 0.5BTC bounty after I've cracked the wallet. The person who gives the most in-depth answer will be the one to receive the bounty, not necessarily the first, incomplete answer.

If you want to crack it yourself, I may consider it, however you would need to be highly trusted (with transaction for high BTC amounts and PROVE how much processing power you've got on hand, as you'll need a beast to crack the password. I will only consider ONE person for this, the reward for cracking it for me will be 0.75BTC. Do not PM me offering to crack my password, post your offer in the thread.

Pages:
Jump to: