Pages:
Author

Topic: Recover Funds from Blockchain.com Wallet - page 2. (Read 387 times)

legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
October 06, 2021, 12:13:15 AM
So, as i understand, should i import the seed phrase i created in the www.blockchain.com Wallet from the www.blockchain.com Wallet to newly created www.electrum.org Wallet?
Yes!

Shouldn't the Electrum Wallet generate New Address to send to?
No, Electrum (and any other wallet you use) generates the same exact addresses that you had because that is how deterministic wallets work. Your seed phrase is used to generate all those keys deterministically (meaning it can be reproduced).

Are there any other options, steps or methods except Electrum Wallet to be created?
There are other open source wallets such as Wasabi wallet but Electrum is the most user friendly one which has been around the longest and is considered to be safest among SPV clients.
Activity: 8
Merit: 7
October 05, 2021, 09:55:17 PM
Thank You.

So, as i understand, should i import the seed phrase i created in the www.blockchain.com Wallet from the www.blockchain.com Wallet to newly created www.electrum.org Wallet?

Shouldn't the Electrum Wallet generate New Address to send to?

Are there any other options, steps or methods except Electrum Wallet to be created?

Thank You so much!

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18588
October 05, 2021, 07:58:34 AM
Does the address with funds start with 1, 3 or bc1?
Blockchain.com does not create P2SH addresses, and OP says his addresses were segwit, so they must be P2WPKH addresses beginning with bc1, and he needs to choose the native segwit option. However, his coins might still not be at that derivation path. Blockchain.com allows you to create additional accounts under the same seed phrase.

OP, you have two options for going forward here. The first thing I would try would be to to recover your seed phrase in Electrum, but instead of choosing a derivation path on the final page, select "Detect Existing Accounts" to have Electrum scan for your accounts and funded addresses. This might be all you need to do, but if you have skipped some accounts when creating the segwit addresses, then Electrum will not find them. If it doesn't find them, then you need to go in to your blockchain.com wallet, click on the options symbol at the top right and hit "Wallets and Addresses". You'll then need to click "Manage" on each of your individual wallets (unarchive any archived ones and go through them too), and try to find the segwit addresses you created and received coins to.
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 6089
bitcoindata.science
October 05, 2021, 06:22:24 AM
Thank You so much!

I have checked the HASHes and Addresses with the blockchair.com (as well as Blockchain Explorer, Blockonomics), balance is not zero, it shows the BTC balance i am expecting. Addresses i sent to the Sender have the BTC balance, transactions are Confirmed and balance is Unspent.

I understand i should recover the balance with Electrum or elsewhere but not familiar with the patterns and method.

Are there any steps to take or procedure to follow (any information to obtain)?

I have tried this: https://blog.blockonomics.co/how-to-restore-blockchain-com-wallet-into-electrum-f593ec79ab3d, but did not succeed.

Apparently, i am missing something.

Thank You.

Does the address with funds start with 1, 3 or bc1?
Depending on the address format you need to choose a different derivation path.

Following this guide, you should choose these options:
https://bitcoinelectrum.com/restoring-your-standard-wallet-from-seed/

Standard wallet

I already have a seed

Enter seed

If your seed words are from a bip39 wallet (i.e. not Electrum) you will be shown this window below. Choose the legacy p2pkh option if the addresses in the originating wallet begin with ‘1’, p2sh-segwit if they begin with ‘3’ and native segwit if they begin with ‘bc1’:

This is all you need to do.
October 05, 2021, 06:13:00 AM
Thank You so much!

I have checked the HASHes and Addresses with the blockchair.com (as well as Blockchain Explorer, Blockonomics), balance is not zero, it shows the BTC balance i am expecting. Addresses i sent to the Sender have the BTC balance, transactions are Confirmed and balance is Unspent.

I understand i should recover the balance with Electrum or elsewhere but not familiar with the patterns and method.

Are there any steps to take or procedure to follow (any information to obtain)?

I have tried this: https://blog.blockonomics.co/how-to-restore-blockchain-com-wallet-into-electrum-f593ec79ab3d, but did not succeed.

Apparently, i am missing something.

Thank You.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 5213
October 05, 2021, 04:51:32 AM
Are you sure that sender has made the transactions to correct addresses?

Go to a block explorer like blockchair.com and enter your receiving address there. Do you see any balance?
If the balance isn't zero, there should be a problem with blockchain.com wallet and as suggested by NeuroticFish, you can export your seed phrase and import it into another wallet like electrum.

For exporting your seed phrase, click on "Security" at top right corer of the page and then select "View Secret Private Key Recovery Phrase".
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
October 05, 2021, 03:19:14 AM
Please, help to solve the issue:..

I created seven Segwit addresses (in June 2021, apparently, they were changing from Legacy to Segwit at that time) in the Blockchain.com Wallet, sent them to the Sender, transactions were made (they have status "Confirmed"), however, there is no balance in the Blockchain.com Wallet along with no evidence of Used and Unused Addresses.

Please, advise the way to recover funds and shift them from Blockchain.com Wallet to Electrum or elsewhere..

Thank You.
Pages:
Jump to: