Pages:
Author

Topic: RECOVER HACKED ACCOUNT - page 2. (Read 2515 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
STILL MISSING MY 12 BTC FROM SCAMOOLAHPAL! >:O
August 11, 2014, 04:35:52 PM
No problem. If you can export a private key (it looks like 5KYZdUEo39z3FPrtuX2QbbwGnNP5zTd7yyr2SC1j299sBCnWjss), then you can sign the message using a website such as brainwallet.github.io/#sign which processes your key on the client-side. Either the inputs.io or Multibit formats should be readable by most people including forum mods here.

No go on the bitcoin android apk..

Only thing it asks me to do is backup and restore wallet.. Nothing about keys. Sad

It's going to be one hello of a mission! Lol, still trying tho! I need my account.
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
August 11, 2014, 04:16:31 PM
No problem. If you can export a private key, then you can sign the message using a website such as brainwallet.github.io/#sign which processes your key on the client-side. Either the inputs.io or Multibit formats should be readable by most people including forum mods here.
August 11, 2014, 04:11:21 PM
Most wallets should be able to sign messages.

Understood.. I am trying to look for the feature in the android apk but can't seem to find it.

I am going to have to pass my wallet.dat to my bitcoin-qt at home and do it that way!
I'll see what I can do! Thank you for all the help good sir.. It is really appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 11, 2014, 04:07:18 PM
Most wallets should be able to sign messages.
August 11, 2014, 03:27:59 PM
Hope you get your account back soon! My account was hacked as well but I never got it back (even after supplying all needed evidence).

I added negative trust to your hacked account to warn others. PM me if you get it back so I can remove it.

Sorry to hear Sad

I hope I am able to get it back.. It is pretty sad that MODS aren't as helpful as they should be.

Thank you for the negative! At least people will know not to touch anything that the hacker posts until hopefully my account gets back to me..

@Theymos if you see this I am working on that bitcoin signature. I never ever used it and I am learning how to do it. I only use my android apk so it might take me a bit to get it going!!!!
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989
฿uy ฿itcoin
August 11, 2014, 03:19:06 PM
Hope you get your account back soon! My account was hacked as well but I never got it back (even after supplying all needed evidence).

I added negative trust to your hacked account to warn others. PM me if you get it back so I can remove it.
August 11, 2014, 03:05:22 PM
Simply putting down the address is not sufficient. You must use your wallet's functionality to sign a message cryptographically, so staff here can verify it. Here's an example, signed with a random address I generated:

Code:
-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
This is an example of a signed message.
-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNATURE-----
Version: Bitcoin-qt (1.0)
Address: 15ShuKgkG834WrxMYiv2NuP6Nc9vC2iz8w

HLGYTileu5MIQIT/n1Fp8jGGleFCHRK+gawYaqoHeTnwi/CEzAAciROAiyi5mCep06ZIvufuxeXP+iZEBCRuX/0=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNATURE-----

(this specifically was created by brainwallet.github.io, different programs may have differing formats).

How do I sign a message over Bitcoins android apk. That is what I use.. I don't have the windows QT and never used it.
Thank you for the help! I really want my account back Sad
First time ever doing this.. please bare with me.
August 11, 2014, 03:00:22 PM
Simply putting down the address is not sufficient.
August 11, 2014, 02:56:12 PM
This forum should have email confirmation so in case gets your account password, he can't make it his own if he doesn't own your email password too. As of right now, asking for an email is pretty useless since you can't do this. Who had the bright idea to not include email confirmation in this site?

I made this post. I am waiting for a mod to help me out more. Theymos hasn't provided anything and I don't know who else takes care of these situations. Theymos asked us to write the message like this.. all I'm doing is staying on track to get my account back..
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
August 11, 2014, 02:53:34 PM
This forum should have email confirmation so in case gets your account password, he can't make it his own if he doesn't own your email password too. As of right now, asking for an email is pretty useless since you can't do this. Who had the bright idea to not include email confirmation in this site?
August 11, 2014, 02:40:10 PM
PENDING..

Pages:
Jump to: