Pages:
Author

Topic: Recover wallet through public address/possibly private + password? - page 2. (Read 702 times)

staff
Activity: 3290
Merit: 4114
I downloaded the client but I don't see any option to import a private key, any particular place I should look in?
You should see "help" at the top, hover over that and select debug window, then select console. Then you type in the console, "importprivkey" then add a space, and paste in the private key. Go to the recieving addresses to verify whether it worked or not. Make sure your computer is safe, and that you have a safe environment before importing the private key. If there's a particularly large amount of Bitcoin in the address, I suggest importing on a offline computer.  

A client which doesn't require downloading the blockchain would be a preferable option, if you aren't planning on using Bitcoin core and downloading the whole blockchain.

Here are the details about private keys, as well as an example format: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Private_key

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Download Bitcoin core and use the command to import a private key and try what you think is the private key. If it works you should have a new address in the wallet which you should see your funds in.

I downloaded the client but I don't see any option to import a private key, any particular place I should look in?
Activity: 110
Merit: 131
Download Bitcoin core and use the command to import a private key and try what you think is the private key. If it works you should have a new address in the wallet which you should see your funds in.
Activity: 363
Merit: 323
Infographics save lives
If you have the private key then you can recover it through any of the bitcoin clients. but if its only the public key and password then there is no chance to recover.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Hi, I had created about a year ago a wallet through my smartphone. I had to reset my phone and I didn't back up my wallet at that time. I still have the public address and potentially the private one and I also have the password.

What can I do to restore my wallet?
Pages:
Jump to: