Pages:
Author

Topic: Recovering Google Authenticator - page 2. (Read 14568 times)

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
April 09, 2015, 02:23:45 AM
There's no way to recover google auth keys, Use Authy from next time it's much better.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009
April 09, 2015, 02:19:29 AM
Hello,
I'm in trouble and I need help from someone who has some knowledge on recovering Google Authenticator.

I have an Android phone and I had installed Google Authenticator app on it. I used it to generate 2FA codes for many websites (Not google, but other sites like some exchanges).

My phone recently stopped working and I had to 'factory-reset' it which wiped my Authenticator app.
I installed it again on same phone but it does not have any of my previous accounts I had setup before the wipe.

Now I am locked out of all sites and exchanges that requires 2FA code.
What should I do to recover my Access Codes for these sites?

Any help will be much appreciated, I am in real trouble if I don't get this sorted out.
The only way to recover is contact all the sites who's 2fa you'd setup and they will reset upon providing valid info asked by them. other than this no way to recover.
Activity: 574
Merit: 502
waiting to explode
April 09, 2015, 02:11:43 AM
Hello,
I'm in trouble and I need help from someone who has some knowledge on recovering Google Authenticator.

I have an Android phone and I had installed Google Authenticator app on it. I used it to generate 2FA codes for many websites (Not google, but other sites like some exchanges).

My phone recently stopped working and I had to 'factory-reset' it which wiped my Authenticator app.
I installed it again on same phone but it does not have any of my previous accounts I had setup before the wipe.

Now I am locked out of all sites and exchanges that requires 2FA code.
What should I do to recover my Access Codes for these sites?

Any help will be much appreciated, I am in real trouble if I don't get this sorted out.
Pages:
Jump to: