Pages:
Author

Topic: Reddit Mod(s) banned/deleeted hundreds of XT posts... - page 2. (Read 1312 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1014
In Satoshi I Trust
@eternalgloom

you can find something about that fact here:

https://de.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3gmkak/the_blockstream_business_plan/

tl;dr: Blockstream may want to choke transactions on the blockchain in order to spur adoption of sidechannels and the Lightning Network, where they will be perfectly situated to collect fees for providing that service.
Activity: 882
Merit: 1006
Is there a way to move posts from one subreddit to another?

I can understand not wanting posts about the Bitcoin-XT currency in the Bitcoin subreddit. It would make more sense for those to go in a separate Bitcoin-XT subreddit (atleast until this whole thing blows over). Deleting them does seem unfair, though I think the reason they delete them is because they cant move them.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
I've seen accusations pointed towards the mod in question having a financial interest in deleting these comments/threads.
Not sure what it means but it seemed interesting to share.

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
iam not a Theymos and BashCo hater but i dont like censorship. when the community wants bigger blocks and the only way it XT - so it should be XT.

XT is not the only way to get bigger blocks.  There are two other BIPs competing with Gavin's.  More may come.

You've never experienced censorship.  What you don't like is moderation decisions with which you disagree.

There are the people who don't like censorship:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Chinese_dissidents

I don't see anyone on that list because they posted about an altcoin in the wrong forum.   Undecided
legendary
In Satoshi I Trust
Freedom of speech should be allowed, even though you disagree with whatever the other person are saying. I am also not keen on the whole Bitcoin XT thing, but I would want

them to state their case. How would everyone choose or react to this if they did not have the correct information. Discussion is good and debate can only serve a good goal.

Just keep it civil.... delete non-constructive posts, and when people attack each other personally.  Roll Eyes

a debate is always a good thing and there were a lot of them. now time is running out. you need to install some software that can handle the next influx of users (maybe millions!). so you have to act now. that software is XT (bigger blocks).

this is why we have the turmoil because the decision has to be made.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1074
Freedom of speech should be allowed, even though you disagree with whatever the other person are saying. I am also not keen on the whole Bitcoin XT thing, but I would want

them to state their case. How would everyone choose or react to this if they did not have the correct information. Discussion is good and debate can only serve a good goal.

Just keep it civil.... delete non-constructive posts, and when people attack each other personally.  Roll Eyes
legendary
In Satoshi I Trust
iam not a Theymos and BashCo hater but i dont like censorship. when the community wants bigger blocks and the only way it XT - so it should be XT.
Activity: 300
Merit: 250

Plenty of room in ^there^ for all you Theymos and BashCo haters.

BashCo own /v/Bitcoin which is not censored and has decent number of subscriber.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

Plenty of room in ^there^ for all you Theymos and BashCo haters.
legendary
In Satoshi I Trust
And then a mod made a statement:

"So, guys, I'm a moderator in this forum, though I don't know for how long. It is late on a Saturday and I just logged in to see this mess. One of the forum moderators has been deleting hundreds of, what appear to me, to be perfectly valid comments.

Bitcoin-XT is NOT an alt-coin. It is an alternate client. Bitcoin-core is not some magical specially anointed copy of the code. That is deeply flawed and centralized thinking.

Bitcoin is supposed to be decentralized and whichever client the majority of the community runs will, naturally, organically, and by design, become the new rule set on the network.

I get that some people are strongly opposed to this fork. But, censoring discussion and incorrectly calling it an alt-coin is not the solution in my opinion.

For the record I haven't been removing any of these comments today and, after sharing my opinion in this post, I may be removed as one of the mods. Which is fine if that happens. This is a volunteer thing that I do only when I'm already on the forum and have some free time.

But I won't resign either. Sorry this is all such a mess right now."

https://de.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3h5211/censorship/

Funny consensus - if you dont like what the majority wants, deleet it  Cheesy

Thx to one honest moderator who made that statement.

------------

edit:

that makes sense.

/s
Pages:
Jump to: