Pages:
Author

Topic: Reduce your TAX Liability - page 2. (Read 324 times)

legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1249
March 17, 2021, 07:30:55 PM
Who wouldn’t want to legally sell their crypto and pay only 1% tax, sounds like something impossible, even though we know there are countries where taxes are pretty low or non-existent. I checked the link for The Nomad Capitalist and of course I was interested in who is in the team, and I must admit that I was quite surprised that except for the CEO and another male member, all the others are women from Serbia (it is easy to conclude by name and surname). Apparently Andrew Henderson really liked it there, so he decided to surround himself with women from that country.

I don’t know how much they charge for their services, but I’m sure it’s not cheap - but services like this aren’t for those with little money anyway - without $300 000 a year in incomes or net worth $1 + million, you can’t claim their services. It would be interesting to hear if anyone has experience with them.

An interesting topic on Reddit -> A disgruntled Nomad Capitalist client's rant ...

Serbia, hmmm the postal address on the site is HOng Kong!

Interesting read Lucius, this gives an insight into the fees they charge.

OK Then, I guess I wont be [or qualify for] using the services of the Nomad Capatilist,
but I guess being an earner in the 7 to 8 figure range, $500 or $8500 could be deemed
a very beneficial cost.

Yep - nobody wants to pay tax !
I believe you need to ask yourself a few questions, which I’m sure you have already.
These would include -
- relocation options for you and your family
- immediate decisions will impact on future tax returns
- many jurisdictions are changing slowly but surely and they can retrospectively re inspect your tax returns
There are many so called ‘ crypto tax experts ‘ - my advice would be to prepare some crypto related tricky questions and see how well any of these prospective ‘ crypto tax experts’ answer these questions. You’ll know soon enough whether their advice is worth listening to . This is a new field for accountants and I believe many have little or no knowledge in the field .The money sharks will be circling  Smiley
One last point, see if your accountant accepts crypto payments  Smiley Smiley

Yes it seems like the best way to lower the TAX liability is to move to a favourable location,
and indeed this can be difficult when there are family members directly involved, it a major consideration.

I posted a list of 10 countries which appear to have TAX free laws on crypto, post #2.

There are indeed a lot of Crypto TAX experts and also advisors for offshore banking, beware of
the money Sharks indeed.

Are you ok with paying TAX on your profits?
Have you seriously considered minimising your liability?

It's not ok for me paying my taxes but it is a liability for us therefore we have an obligation on paying our taxes as well as the other citizens we have living in the same country, to be fair we don't really carry the same burden when it comes to paying our taxes as it scales up depending on which tax bracket you belong and I think it is only fair that the lower income earners have lesser tax liability than the ones earning higher ones.

I think for your case you are experiencing a higher tax liability because you have yielded a higher gain during that year thus placing you on a higher bracket. If you want to reduce your tax liability you should do more research in your country where you are living. For example since I think you are living in a European country there are some countries in their like Germany where you will be exempted for tax if you held your crypto position for more than 1 year. There might be similar laws you have in your country which reduce or completely remove your tax so really there is a lot of options in which you can lessen your obligations.

Indeed, Its one thing availing of the TAX free laws in a different country but there
are certainly criteria to avail of these. We also need to bear in mind the criteria in
our residing country for TAX free status.

I.E move to Germany for 1 year to avail of the TAX free laws but potentially still be
liable for TAX in your normal country, you might have to be a non resident of your own
country for more than a year.

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655
March 17, 2021, 03:02:04 PM

It's not ok for me paying my taxes but it is a liability for us therefore we have an obligation on paying our taxes as well as the other citizens we have living in the same country, to be fair we don't really carry the same burden when it comes to paying our taxes as it scales up depending on which tax bracket you belong and I think it is only fair that the lower income earners have lesser tax liability than the ones earning higher ones.

I think for your case you are experiencing a higher tax liability because you have yielded a higher gain during that year thus placing you on a higher bracket. If you want to reduce your tax liability you should do more research in your country where you are living. For example since I think you are living in a European country there are some countries in their like Germany where you will be exempted for tax if you held your crypto position for more than 1 year. There might be similar laws you have in your country which reduce or completely remove your tax so really there is a lot of options in which you can lessen your obligations.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1888
March 17, 2021, 03:00:06 PM
I am in favor of a low-tax policy, mostly because in general politicians do nothing more than increase spending that in most cases is unnecessary. I think it's fine to pay taxes for the state to build/maintain roads or help the underprivileged etc. That said, as I believe that much of the money I pay in taxes is political spending that should be dispensed with, I support everyone trying to pay as little tax as possible, especially in a legal way.

In my case, my Bitcoin holdings are not life-changing, so I am not considering emigrating or anything like that, but maybe in a few years I will consider it. There are many things to consider here: in certain countries it is not enough just to emigrate to avoid paying taxes, you have to acquire the nationality in a new country and renounce the nationality of the country of origin, otherwise, you will be taxed anyway.

In other cases it is useful to simply leave, but you have to take into account the factors of each one, if you are very rooted in your country of origin, with your family and friends, maybe it is not worth changing your life just because of more money.

I checked the link for The Nomad Capitalist and of course I was interested in who is in the team, and I must admit that I was quite surprised that except for the CEO and another male member, all the others are women from Serbia (it is easy to conclude by name and surname). Apparently Andrew Henderson really liked it there, so he decided to surround himself with women from that country.

This is a bit off-topic but when I see him the way he speaks, I always think he is gay (I am subscribed to his channel) . The only think that makes me wonder is all those beautiful women around him.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1321
Bitcoin needs you!
March 17, 2021, 12:28:13 PM
Yep - nobody wants to pay tax !
I believe you need to ask yourself a few questions, which I’m sure you have already.
These would include -
- relocation options for you and your family
- immediate decisions will impact on future tax returns
- many jurisdictions are changing slowly but surely and they can retrospectively re inspect your tax returns
There are many so called ‘ crypto tax experts ‘ - my advice would be to prepare some crypto related tricky questions and see how well any of these prospective ‘ crypto tax experts’ answer these questions. You’ll know soon enough whether their advice is worth listening to . This is a new field for accountants and I believe many have little or no knowledge in the field .The money sharks will be circling  Smiley
One last point, see if your accountant accepts crypto payments  Smiley Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 5364
Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat⚔️
March 17, 2021, 11:55:13 AM
Who wouldn’t want to legally sell their crypto and pay only 1% tax, sounds like something impossible, even though we know there are countries where taxes are pretty low or non-existent. I checked the link for The Nomad Capitalist and of course I was interested in who is in the team, and I must admit that I was quite surprised that except for the CEO and another male member, all the others are women from Serbia (it is easy to conclude by name and surname). Apparently Andrew Henderson really liked it there, so he decided to surround himself with women from that country.

I don’t know how much they charge for their services, but I’m sure it’s not cheap - but services like this aren’t for those with little money anyway - without $300 000 a year in incomes or net worth $1 + million, you can’t claim their services. It would be interesting to hear if anyone has experience with them.

An interesting topic on Reddit -> A disgruntled Nomad Capitalist client's rant ...
legendary
March 17, 2021, 11:20:32 AM
-Reserved-
legendary
March 17, 2021, 11:20:20 AM
I thought it woould be interesting to find out which countries do not
TAX crypto, Here is a list of 10 which is dated this year but verification
will need to be done as the laws in some countries may have changed.

Further investigation will be needed to find out what the criteria is per
country in order to avail of the TAX free laws.

10 Countries That Don't Tax Bitcoin Gains (2021)

1. Belarus

Belarus is taking an experimental approach to cryptocurrencies. In March 2018,
a new law legalized cryptocurrency activities in the East European state, exempting
individuals and businesses involved in them from taxes until 2023 (when it will come up for review.)

Under the law, mining and investing in cryptocurrencies are deemed personal investments,
and so exempt from income tax and capital gains.

2. Germany

Germany offers a unique take on taxing digital currencies such as Bitcoin. Unlike most other states,
Europe’s biggest economy regards Bitcoin as private money, as opposed to a currency, commodity, or stock.

For German residents, any cryptocurrency held for over a year is tax-exempt, regardless of the amount.

3. Hong Kong

“If digital assets are bought for long-term investment purposes, any profits from disposal would not be chargeable to profits tax,”

4. Malaysia

In Malaysia, cryptocurrency transactions are currently tax-free, and cryptocurrencies don’t qualify for
capital gains tax, because digital currencies are not considered assets or legal tender by the authorities.

5. Malta

Malta doesn’t apply capital gains tax tolong-held digital currencies like Bitcoin, but crypto trades are
considered similar to day trading in stocks or shares, and attract business income tax at the rate of 35%.

6. Portugal

Proceeds from the sale of cryptocurrencies by individuals have been tax-exempt since 2018,
and cryptocurrency trading is not considered investment income (which is normally subject to a 28% tax rate.)
Note: This applies to individuals, not companies

7. Singapore

Capital gains tax does not exist in Singapore, so neither individuals nor corporations holding cryptocurrency are liable.

8. Slovenia

Slovenia is another country that treats individuals and businesses separately under its cryptocurrency tax system.

No capital gains tax is levied on individuals when they sell Bitcoin, and gains are not considered income.

9. Switzerland

Cryptocurrency profits made by a qualified individual through investing and trading are treated as tax-exempt capital gains.

10. Bermuda

The island nation of Bermuda is one such territory; it doesn't impose income, capital gains,
withholding, or other taxes on digital assets, or on transactions involving digital assets.
legendary
March 17, 2021, 11:19:01 AM
I have been actively researching how I can reduce my TAX liability in terms of Capital Gains TAX
for later on this year when I plan to sell some Crypto (Mostly Ethereum) later in the year when
Bitcoin reaches $200k. Where I live I will be liable to pay 33% of my earnings from Bitcoin at the
point where I convert Bitcoin to Euro.

I am an employee and have bee working and paying TAX for over 30 years, I really loathe having
to pay this extra 33% on my profits.

There are some people who have no problem paying TAX but I would like to avoid it if at all possible
I'm sure there are others who think the same, maybe you are alrady doing it.
The business community generally have the means to persue TAX minimalism, they have the tools
and ammunition to acheive this but for a general worker it is totaly new ground to break.

I have listed a few links from my investigations on the topic and share for discussion.

The Nomad Capitalist

This is a company helping others reduce their TAX bills. It was started by Andrew Henderson.
Andrew provides advice on how to apply what he learned to our own situations.

From the ABOUT page there is a few clues as to how it can be done.

Nomad Capitalist has personally helped hundreds of people go
offshore, keep more of their wealth, and enjoy an unprecedented level
of global freedom…

I’ve spent the past 12 years traveling to over 100 countries, looking for and experimenting with the best places around the world to employ offshore strategies.

After over decade of research and experimentation, I’m down to a 1% tax rate.
I have multiple second citizenships (and, recently, I went through the process of renouncing my US citizenship).

BECOME A CITIZEN OF THE WORLD - STRATEGIES: SECOND RESIDENCY AND SECOND PASSPORT

MOVE YOUR MONEY TO A SAFE PLACE - STRATEGIES: OFFSHORE BANKING, OFFSHORE GOLD STORAGE

WHO WE HELP: GLOBALLY-MOBILE HIGH EARNERS

INVESTORS

You buy, trade, or hold location independent investments
such as Bitcoin and cryptocurrency, stocks and bonds, or forex.

Top 4 countries with best offshore bank accounts for 2021

Information about what an offshore is and where they are located.

Table of Contents
1. An overview of offshore bank account

2. How to choose your best offshore banking jurisdiction
2.1. Reputation
2.2. Remote opening
2.3. Deposit
2.4. Processing time
2.5. Other considerations

3. Best countries to open a bank account for 2021
3.1. Switzerland – Good Choice For Asset Protection
3.2. Belize – Best Choice For Low Deposit and Remote Opening
3.3. Singapore & Hong Kong – Reputation is a key