Pages:
Author

Topic: Reference list of mobos with 8 OR MORE pcie slots - page 2. (Read 1228 times)

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523
What a great resource. This is now bookmarked  Grin
mrb
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027
I got mixed up in my contact names. Sunfa, not Zrt, confirmed they have a 12-slot in development. This doesn't quite explain why a Zrt motherboard was photoshopped. I am still waiting for an answer from Zrt...
copper member
Activity: 1442
Merit: 529
Brilliant work and bookmarked this thread. Lately I am thinking to build 8 GPU boards with PCIEX 16 slots like the Colorful one. I have never had any experience with these kind of boards, only board with risers but I think these should be even easier as should support the 8 GPU directly hassle free and without any X1 configuration in the BIOS.
mrb
legendary
There might be a 12 slot PCIe motherboard, but I can't find who manufactures it. This is seems to be a Shenzhen Zrt Co design. I contacted them to confirm... Only one random Alibaba seller has pictures of it: https://fashionplaza.en.alibaba.com/product/60680844122-805574575/Fast_shipping_p106_12pcs_gpu_ZEC_Zcash_ETH_miner_ethereum_mining_machine.html

However I have a sneaking suspicion of this being a scam, a picture photoshopped from ZRTD-101. Slots 4 5 6 (from the right) seem digitally inserted. It's a wide area with no screw holes for support (flimsy), and the PCB/component layout is too repetitive. And the entire rest of the PCB layout (even the faintly visible traces) are strictly identical to the ZRTD-101... Plus powering 12 cards with the 12 power outputs on the PCB, fed by only 7 power inputs is not a great idea, unless your cards are low power, but then it would limit the utility of the mobo...

Shenzhen Zrt Co replied to me and confirmed they have a 12-slot board currently in development. They said it will be released probably in a "few months". They said some suppliers are already advertising it (hence the photoshopped images.)

Edit: I got mixed up in my contacts. Sunfa, not Zrt, confirmed they have a 12-slot in development. This doesn't quite explain why a Zrt motherboard was photoshopped. I am still waiting for an answer from Zrt...
mrb
legendary
Thanks for the request, I added the Olike3C and Colorful C.J1900A-BTC PLUS V20.

Activity: 326
Merit: 250
Colorful C.J1900A-BTC PLUS V20 is not in the list

https://colorfly.eu/iGame/C.J1900A-BTC%20PLUS%20V20.html
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Olike Board?
Activity: 1008
Merit: 297
Grow with community
This is turning into a quite handy reference.
Thanks Smiley

The lack of comments started to make me think few were interested  Smiley

Of course not, others may silently reading this and actually useful at their end, giving you merits for this bro Smiley
Activity: 6
this post is really useful thanks!!!

do you think that the  Inno3D could be a good choice for starting out mining altcoins as an hobby?
mrb
legendary
Yanyu Gongkong drastically redesigned the K17 v1.0 into v1.2 which is now almost identical to the K37 except:
  • K17 v1.2 has two mechanical USB ports carrying a PCIe signal and two 2×5-pin header carrying a PCIe signal.
  • K37 has four mechanical USB ports carrying a PCIe signal and one 2×5-pin header carrying a PCIe signal.

I am waiting for confirmation from the vendor whether these PCIe signals are fully usable. This would technically make the K17 v1.2 a "12-slot" and K37 a "13-slot" motherboard.
mrb
legendary
Thanks Smiley

The lack of comments started to make me think few were interested  Smiley
brand new
Activity: 0
Thanks Smiley
mrb
legendary
There might be a 12 slot PCIe motherboard, but I can't find who manufactures it. This is seems to be a Shenzhen Zrt Co design. I contacted them to confirm... Only one random Alibaba seller has pictures of it: https://fashionplaza.en.alibaba.com/product/60680844122-805574575/Fast_shipping_p106_12pcs_gpu_ZEC_Zcash_ETH_miner_ethereum_mining_machine.html

However I have a sneaking suspicion of this being a scam, a picture photoshopped from ZRTD-101. Slots 4 5 6 (from the right) seem digitally inserted. It's a wide area with no screw holes for support (flimsy), and the PCB/component layout is too repetitive. And the entire rest of the PCB layout (even the faintly visible traces) are strictly identical to the ZRTD-101... Plus powering 12 cards with the 12 power outputs on the PCB, fed by only 7 power inputs is not a great idea, unless your cards are low power, but then it would limit the utility of the mobo...

mrb
legendary
I confirmed the manufacturer of K17/K37 is Yanyu Gongkong.

I added the Yanyu Gongkong K35, very similar to the K37, but with a Celeron and passive heatsink preinstalled.

mrb
legendary
I added the OEM B250 12P where all 12 PCIe links are in the form of mechanical USB ports, in order to connect your riser cables directly to the motherboard.

mrb
legendary
I added the Letine M08.

Let me know if I miss any other motherboard.

mrb
legendary
I added Shenzhen Zrt's ZRTK-21612 which, incidentally, is the company who designed the PandaMiner motherboards (such as model ZRTK-21611). 21612 is clearly inspired from 21611, the main difference being that they replaced the MXM slots with PCIe slots.

ZRTK-21612:

ZRTK-21611:

mrb
legendary
I added the K17, a model that preceded the K37. I actually can't find who manufactures them, so I'm marking them "OEM". K17 seems to have slightly less clearance between the PCIe slots than the K37. But the biggest differences are around power:
  • K17 has six 6-pin power inputs (by the CPU area), and one output per slot.
  • K37 has eight 6-pin power inputs (by the CPU area), and two outputs per slot except the 2 slots nearest the CPU which only have one nearby power output (so cards plugged in these 2 slots, assuming they all require 2 power connectors, must be powered straight from the PSU.)

Edit: actually K17 rev 1.0 has the power configuration I describe, but K17 rev 1.2 has as many power inputs/outputs as K37: https://sc02.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1gOeLojnD8KJjSspbq6zbEXXaL/231649078/HTB1gOeLojnD8KJjSspbq6zbEXXaL.jpg

K17:

K37:

It's really convenient to power cards straight from the board, cable management is a lot easier:

I hope they do have really thick PCB traces able to carry all these amps...
mrb
legendary
I added 3 Supermicro boards. They are typically not very popular due to high cost per PCIe slot, however the dual-socket makes them attractive for concurrent GPU+CPU mining (eg. CPU mining Monero + GPU mining Ethereum.)

mrb
legendary
I found out this Inno3D motherboard is a actually an OEM/ODM product, seemingly manufactured by Sunfa. Model number 6299-FA355: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/9gups-9-pci-e-16X-slot_60728424903.html

Pages:
Jump to: