Pages:
Author

Topic: Regarding China - page 3. (Read 912 times)

Activity: 952
Merit: 250
September 23, 2017, 07:11:21 AM
I'm sick with everyday's china fud. Please someone tell the china's prime minister to stop bothering his people to drop their cryptos and icos. Let them choose what currency they want to buy.

Uhh, what?

In what way would a government be destabilized by bitcoin? I can see bitcoin existing in a sovereign side by side with its national currency, but to topple off the government and be useless, it needs more than a decentralized asset to do that. Most of us here know that China banning bitcoin exchanges and mining is just FUD spread up by Chinese traders to short the hell out of the volatile price. If he really is a crypto enthusiast, he should also know the functions of a government first before giving comments as to why would the government be useless simply because bitcoin is used by the people.
Activity: 826
Merit: 508
September 23, 2017, 07:00:56 AM
Dr. Julian Hosp is a german crypto entheusiast and basicly he is telling his opinion regarding the latest China FUD. He says that in his opinion since the blockchain tech can decentralize everything (currency, identity, ...) gouvernments like China fear that they will be less and less needed in the future. For that reason they try to stop the decentralization in a early stage to maintain their power and existance.

So what do you think about that statement?

Sounds like a classic libertarian spiel about counter-economics. I really don't see how the proliferation of cryptocurrency results in the phasing out of governments. The mere fact that decentralized money exists is not a replacement for governments. Gold has been used for centuries as decentralized money... did it phase out governments? Of course not; governments just started stockpiling gold. That's probably what they'll do with Bitcoin in time, too.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
September 23, 2017, 06:51:53 AM
Uhh, what?

In what way would a government be destabilized by bitcoin? I can see bitcoin existing in a sovereign side by side with its national currency, but to topple off the government and be useless, it needs more than a decentralized asset to do that. Most of us here know that China banning bitcoin exchanges and mining is just FUD spread up by Chinese traders to short the hell out of the volatile price. If he really is a crypto enthusiast, he should also know the functions of a government first before giving comments as to why would the government be useless simply because bitcoin is used by the people.
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
September 23, 2017, 06:45:29 AM
Nice opinion but i think china is the largest bitcoin miners country but they cant stop its price going to the moon or getting dump because it depends on supply and demands and mostly the world is moving on digital world like crypto currency so it will be more valuable currency in future.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
September 23, 2017, 06:30:24 AM
So yesteday I was watching htis video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Euf36Ueio20 (it's german so you won't understand much if you can't speak german)

Dr. Julian Hosp is a german crypto entheusiast and basicly he is telling his opinion regarding the latest China FUD. He says that in his opinion since the blockchain tech can decentralize everything (currency, identity, ...) gouvernments like China fear that they will be less and less needed in the future. For that reason they try to stop the decentralization in a early stage to maintain their power and existance.

So what do you think about that statement?
Pages:
Jump to: