Pages:
Author

Topic: Relaunched Completely - page 3. (Read 11497 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
February 20, 2016, 01:16:51 PM
The priority of computation requests is a good point: this will also be covered in the white paper revision. I will write that part next.  Wink

Just a suggestion:  Why not let each miner decide for himself, out of the submitted user programs, which one he works on?

Honest, financially-motivated miners will work on whichever seems to them to be the most lucrative.  Honest, altruistic miners might choose to work on projects they deem to be more socially valuable, or which they just find more interesting.  Attackers will find a way to work on their own programs if that's what their attack needs, no matter how you arrange the work to be chosen, so your defenses against such attacks must not rely upon attackers never running their own programs.
Activity: 690
Merit: 505
Cryptorials.io
February 20, 2016, 12:48:14 PM

Yes, the wallet.dat import tool is just there so novice users can easily get access to their crowdsale ELC coins without having to deal with private keys.
Of course it is perfectly fine to own the private key used for the purchase. That's all you need.

You will be able to simply import the private key into your elastic coin client. This will import the proper ELC address (that is associated with the public key) with all your coins in it.
Of course we will also offer the possibility to "swipe" your coins to a newly created ELC address by signing a swipe-transaction.
This is important to those who do not want to import or reuse their bitcoin private key in the ELC client. Those will also get easy access to their coins.

We will make this process as easy as possible.

Thanks, that's what I thought but I just wanted to check to make sure I wasn't going to be making life unnecessarily difficult for myself
Cryptorials.io
February 20, 2016, 12:26:19 PM
I have a dumb question about the crowdsale: the description says there will be an import tool to swipe your ELC from your wallet.dat; if I send coins from an address which doesn't have a wallet.dat but which I have the keys for, I presume I will be able to fairly easily import from just the private key?
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
February 20, 2016, 09:15:24 AM
leave a mark here.   

don't let me down. i will be back.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na
February 20, 2016, 06:13:42 AM
I'll watch this Smiley
Cryptorials.io
February 20, 2016, 05:39:20 AM
I will give my best so that we publish a refreshed whitepaper this weekend which carefully addresses the 51% attack issues as well as all other questions that came up during the last days.

Awesome, hope it doesn't completely take over your weekend, lol.

I suggest we call it the "faster algorithm" attack or somesuch. 

If I have to refer to it again that's what I'll call it then. Glad you're sticking around, I'll be interested to read how it works in more detail myself but I'd be more convinced that there's no problem if I know there is someone who seems to know what they are talking about trying to poke holes in it.
legendary
Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032
Value will be measured in sats
February 20, 2016, 02:54:57 AM
I just invested 1btc

https://blockchain.info/tx-index/df71cd7e97c66a899db7f7c66965856323c4b9fdf801eea2fa9b629a2dd47770

project has promise...he who dares wins Smiley

How do you decide which computation request gets priority? In the order they are submitted?
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
February 20, 2016, 12:15:16 AM
Quote from:  Cryptorials
Looks interesting, I hope you get the updated whitepaper out before the reward reduces too much because if you can show that the 51% attack concerns are unfounded then I'll definitely want in on this.

I will give my best so that we publish a refreshed whitepaper this weekend which carefully addresses the 51% attack issues as well as all other questions that came up during the last days.

I assume you're talking about the attack I outlined above.

I suggest we call it the "faster algorithm" attack or somesuch.  The effect of the attack is the same as the 51% attack in that it could allow the attacker to take control of the consensus and effect double-spends, and other assorted nastiness.  But the computational resources required by the attacker are very modest indeed, much less than 51%.
Activity: 432
Merit: 251
––Δ͘҉̀░░
February 19, 2016, 08:05:55 PM
Looks interesting.
Cryptorials.io
February 19, 2016, 05:19:24 PM
Looks interesting, I hope you get the updated whitepaper out before the reward reduces too much because if you can show that the 51% attack concerns are unfounded then I'll definitely want in on this.
legendary
Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000
February 19, 2016, 05:11:23 PM
poornamelessme, just to announce:
I have been in touch with Lionel and I made the decision that I will start working on this coin.

Thanks for that. It does seem like you know what you are doing there. The way you had been posting (more than Lionel even), led me to believe something like this, or that you invested most of the current ICO amount (guess it's a bit of both).

Lionel still plans to post his CV as well as the other team members though, right? I understand it can be tricky, as nobody here wants to post too much info about themselves ... but if going the ICO route, some info is needed. Usually when I invest in a coin (and expect many others do this too), it's not even necessarily about the coin ... it's about the devs.

I agree with poornamelessme. The main reason why I'm not investing so far is not because the code is not fully developed but because Lionel has not given his CV.
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
IRONX - Fully regulated World-Class Exchange
February 19, 2016, 04:08:35 PM
ICOs are fun Wink

Activity: 124
Merit: 100
February 19, 2016, 03:48:26 PM
I just made another little contribution to the crowdfund. I am not certain if this project will get much more support but I have plenty of btc (also in early)if it starts moving faster. I have a little extra time to invest for free too if I see anything I can do. I do not have the repertoire as some others but I can develop skills. I think the lack of transparency is temporary oversight. But I will not go too deep in until it is worked on.
Sincerely,
Daniel Ray Waters Hazelton Ortiz (yes my legal name for real)
Activity: 1204
Merit: 509
February 19, 2016, 12:51:11 PM
poornamelessme, just to announce:
I have been in touch with Lionel and I made the decision that I will start working on this coin.

Thanks for that. It does seem like you know what you are doing there. The way you had been posting (more than Lionel even), led me to believe something like this, or that you invested most of the current ICO amount (guess it's a bit of both).

Lionel still plans to post his CV as well as the other team members though, right? I understand it can be tricky, as nobody here wants to post too much info about themselves ... but if going the ICO route, some info is needed. Usually when I invest in a coin (and expect many others do this too), it's not even necessarily about the coin ... it's about the devs.
Activity: 588
Merit: 503
Free Julian Assange
February 19, 2016, 09:21:09 AM
February 19, 2016, 03:51:55 AM
Also curious about this. As someone who obviously has had his doubts (and will not bring them up again), at least I'd like to see profiles/info on the people behind the coin. So far, all I have seen are just a lot of red flags.

We all understood that you do not want to invest.
Can you please stop the red flag spam? You have done that for 5 pages already. Lets just not.

Hmm? I actually stated I was considering investing in the coin earlier, but there were issues not resolved to my liking (so I wouldn't be an early investor, but never ruled out investing later on). You can check my post history in general... I'm not a guy who just goes around spamming coins for the sake of spamming (either hype or fud/spam).

Asking for more info on the people behind the coin would hardly be called spam. If anyone gets all defensive over questions people ask in an ICO thread, I question the sincerity of both the devs and anyone supporting said coin. Nothing wrong with asking for more info about who is actually running the ICO. The fact that this info wasn't available Day One, is a red flag in my opinion ... it could just be an organizational issue... actually hope that is all it was.
February 18, 2016, 11:41:12 PM
Call this function S.E.E. Safe Elastic Ether apps
February 18, 2016, 10:14:53 PM
I am no shill. Had to look that up even though I guessed what it meant. But I have decided to wait until some of these concerns are dealt with. If this is a pump and dump or outright scam I am in the dark about it. I have some talents and if a few things about this project was altered properly I would jump in with them.

For instance with 150,000 transactions a second you could tout the potential use of them for future autonomous networks like D.A.C.'s This project could also easily contribute to APPS using Safe and Ether with it simultaneously. If you polished up your crowdsale presentation and gave more transparency I would be astonished if it did not sell out within a cycle of cpu.
February 18, 2016, 10:09:38 PM

You've avoided responding to this twice now. Do you intend to put those profiles of the core development team up as stated?

Also curious about this. As someone who obviously has had his doubts (and will not bring them up again), at least I'd like to see profiles/info on the people behind the coin. So far, all I have seen are just a lot of red flags.

Activity: 140
Merit: 10
Judge a Man not by his postcount,but by activity
February 18, 2016, 09:59:49 PM
P.S. I have already started investing some btc but most of my btc is tied up momentarily. I am serious about contributing too.

gtfo

new ACCOUNT made just to show "how invested you are, and how talented you are"
but have no profile on the most popular btc forum in the world?

i smell a shill...

btw-- things like this de-credit you greatly, i am now NOT investing,
 thank god i was waiting for less days left on ipo anyways
Pages:
Jump to: