Pages:
Author

Topic: Religion in the society - page 2. (Read 346 times)

legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 1363
September 23, 2021, 05:42:28 PM

There is no "with religion and without it." Everybody has religion. The major difference is that some people call their religion, religion... while others don't. The bigger the stink you make about your religion not being a religion, the stronger you become with your religion of non-religion-talk.

Cool

No playing sports is not a sport.

But playing sports or not playing sports is part of your religion, especially if you are adamant about it.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1467
September 23, 2021, 05:35:43 PM
Sometimes people do say the world be a better place without religion. Because how people take religion too serious , so if you are not of the same religion which they belong they have nothing to do you. Would the world be a better place without religion? Has region not play any role in our society.

Religion is not responsible for the bad state the world is but those bad people who practice the religion. Every religion preach peace and love but it depends on the practitioners to do them or not. We have good and bad Christians, like we have good and bad muslim, good and bad heathens. So it is not a religion thing but people problem. If everyone keeps to the rule of their religion the world will be a better place.

If you can have good or bad people with religion and without it, why do you need religions?  

"With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil;
but for good people to do evil - that takes religion." - Steven Weinberg

There is no "with religion and without it." Everybody has religion. The major difference is that some people call their religion, religion... while others don't. The bigger the stink you make about your religion not being a religion, the stronger you become with your religion of non-religion-talk.

Cool

Not playing sports is not a sport.
legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 1363
September 23, 2021, 05:11:29 PM
Sometimes people do say the world be a better place without religion. Because how people take religion too serious , so if you are not of the same religion which they belong they have nothing to do you. Would the world be a better place without religion? Has region not play any role in our society.

Religion is not responsible for the bad state the world is but those bad people who practice the religion. Every religion preach peace and love but it depends on the practitioners to do them or not. We have good and bad Christians, like we have good and bad muslim, good and bad heathens. So it is not a religion thing but people problem. If everyone keeps to the rule of their religion the world will be a better place.

If you can have good or bad people with religion and without it, why do you need religions?  

"With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil;

Cool
legendary
Merit: 1467
September 23, 2021, 02:12:12 PM

Activity: 1890
Merit: 328
September 23, 2021, 01:54:36 PM

Activity: 1232
Merit: 379
September 22, 2021, 07:38:40 PM
I think the purpose of religion is to unite people, to love and understand each other and to live harmoniously. But because we have different ideas and beliefs and we are given free will that is why there are many religions created that can sometimes lead to conflict. For me, in order to achieve a better place to live in, we should just follow the golden rule and respect everybody regardless of which religion they believed.
Exactly,you are very correct on your opinion,religion was there from the beginning and it will still be there no matter what,all we have to do is to have tolerance.Being able to tolerate each and accommodate each other's behaviours,attitudes and different beliefs is what can make us be together,and we'll be able to live in peace.There are different religions all over,so the government should give freedom of worship so as not to force anybody against his belief.
Activity: 294
Merit: 34
September 22, 2021, 11:49:14 AM
I think the purpose of religion is to unite people, to love and understand each other and to live harmoniously. But because we have different ideas and beliefs and we are given free will that is why there are many religions created that can sometimes lead to conflict. For me, in order to achieve a better place to live in, we should just follow the golden rule and respect everybody regardless of which religion they believed.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 693
September 05, 2021, 09:06:12 AM
I'm against religions and also an Atheist myself. They were formed in order to explain basic common knowledge, which could be proved using science. Stephen Hawking had said, that there's no way to prove that God doesn't exist, however, science makes believing in God pointless.
This only applies if the science we are talking about is the well known "real science", but there is social science right now that makes believing in something, somehow increases the capability of a person. For some instances, it can somehow relieve someone from being alone and left-out.

In my opinion, religions sparked a lot of hatred between nations (Or other religions) and were the main cause of war. (See Jihad, as a modern example, or Crusades)
Don't state it "in opinion" when history states a lot of wars and battles due to differences in beliefs/religions. It is a fact.

The world would definitely be a better place without them.
If we use logic, there will be no world without actual religion. There will be atleast one (1) specific religion that a "ideal world" may have. Cause religion is something about a social construct that if someone believes into something, there is this enticing force that drives us to join what he believes in, and without contradicting force, we all will be force to believe in one same thing.
That is correct, it's actually a fact that plenty of wars were started or had something to do with religion, like I mentioned previously. Personally, I never had the need to believe in something that can't be proved to exist. Nonetheless, I find it pointless, even in dire situations to even refer to "God", it would be a hypocrisy, can't recall doing it once in my lifetime.

I consider myself lucky because I believe in God. I received my religious belief from home later I went to church to complete my religious education. I am Catholic and I respect all religions because they are based on one God, I can be friendly and share my beliefs with them without fanaticism.

The sad thing in my opinion are people who do not believe in God, it is difficult for them to make them understand that God exists.
There are things that happen on earth and in the universe that still have no explanation and come from God.
If someone is an atheist please believe in God because he exists, he manifests himself in many ways, you know that he is with you especially when you suffer from any disease and you leave them in his hands.

I describe it this way because once I got sick I didn't have many financial resources, just a treatment I felt very sick and I said to myself if I don't heal with this I don't know what I'm going to do, and I asked God a lot for my health and I felt the healing hand of his son Jesus.
My testimony may sound unreal but I felt my healing that way, perhaps it was the power of my faith, but I felt the presence of Jesus one night when I asked him to heal me.
What you're describing could also be a placebo effect, your faith can actually make you into believing that God actually did something, but that couldn't be further from the truth. I'm not here to argue about the existence of God, however, most situations can be scientifically explained. Science will admit if it's lacking the knowledge to explain something, while theists will simply claim that it's "God".
Activity: 1470
Merit: 326
September 05, 2021, 08:25:24 AM

Many people make religion as a form of hope from life. make peace from the religious side. which I believe all religions have a concept in the name of peace. maybe their interpretation is too far and extreme that makes it like that and we have to blame the person not religion. Let people live their own beliefs.

Activity: 110
Merit: 19
September 05, 2021, 04:37:25 AM
But lately religion has been a mess you know, most people use religion for their own selfish interest....life with religion is something else, Life without it we wouldn't have been at this stage of life.

Of course we wouldn't. But we cannot say we would be more primitive. It would be different - better in some way and worse in some other, but impossible to evaluate as a whole, because there are so many variables in a such a long time. But IMHO it would be better, because of middle ages and christian negative influence to education.

I consider myself lucky because I believe in God. I received my religious belief from home later I went to church to complete my religious education. I am Catholic and I respect all religions because they are based on one God, I can be friendly and share my beliefs with them without fanaticism.

The sad thing in my opinion are people who do not believe in God, it is difficult for them to make them understand that God exists.
There are things that happen on earth and in the universe that still have no explanation and come from God.
If someone is an atheist please believe in God because he exists, he manifests himself in many ways, you know that he is with you especially when you suffer from any disease and you leave them in his hands.

I describe it this way because once I got sick I didn't have many financial resources, just a treatment I felt very sick and I said to myself if I don't heal with this I don't know what I'm going to do, and I asked God a lot for my health and I felt the healing hand of his son Jesus.
My testimony may sound unreal but I felt my healing that way, perhaps it was the power of my faith, but I felt the presence of Jesus one night when I asked him to heal me.

It is often possible to see so many contradictories in catholic statements. In one hand you are trying to convince us you are not fanatic and you respect other religions. But in other hand you consider existence of people who do not believe to your god as sad and you are trying to persuade them for your own religion (without any rational arguments, of course). As an atheist, I do not consider this behaviour as a respectful, not even tolerant. It is just one step to force people to one right religion.

I come from catholic family and christianity is strongly engrained in society in my country - I know christians very well. They tell you there are things with no explanation, but they didn't forget to mention that they (of course) know how to explain that things. They consider others as inferior stupid wretches and manifest themselves as superior people, predestined by their god to enlighten others. And call this as respect for other opinion.

IMHO religions that consider as a holy duty to spread around the world are fanatic somehow... by design, it is coming from their essence. But it is not surprising - all this come from ancient history when religions started to be used as a tool for spreading political power (often by using violence).
Activity: 1358
Merit: 81
September 04, 2021, 02:16:46 PM

Activity: 868
Merit: 38
Join hands and help me to grow everybody...
September 04, 2021, 09:07:29 AM
Funny enough, Religion in our society brought about most development in our countries and state, civilization likewise are some of the things religion has brought to us.
Education, Lifestyle, etc
But lately religion has been a mess you know, most people use religion for their own selfish interest....life with religion is something else, Life without it we wouldn't have been at this stage of life.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 158
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
September 04, 2021, 08:46:15 AM
I'm against religions and also an Atheist myself. They were formed in order to explain basic common knowledge, which could be proved using science. Stephen Hawking had said, that there's no way to prove that God doesn't exist, however, science makes believing in God pointless.
This only applies if the science we are talking about is the well known "real science", but there is social science right now that makes believing in something, somehow increases the capability of a person. For some instances, it can somehow relieve someone from being alone and left-out.

In my opinion, religions sparked a lot of hatred between nations (Or other religions) and were the main cause of war. (See Jihad, as a modern example, or Crusades)
Don't state it "in opinion" when history states a lot of wars and battles due to differences in beliefs/religions. It is a fact.

If we use logic, there will be no world without actual religion. There will be atleast one (1) specific religion that a "ideal world" may have. Cause religion is something about a social construct that if someone believes into something, there is this enticing force that drives us to join what he believes in, and without contradicting force, we all will be force to believe in one same thing.
legendary
Activity: 4172
Merit: 4341
September 04, 2021, 12:11:07 AM
Man has an understanding and fear of death. This means that most have to create or believe in a god and associated religion.

.. thats like saying only immortals dont have to believe in god...
.. but then as an immortal. are they then god themselves

jokes aside
but rationally. its actually those that DONT have an understanding of death, that need it most to create a god to try explaining away the things they cant understand

[spoiler]
when you die. your 'essence' 'soul' does not re-manifest or become reborn
your energy does not float about into space and as a consciousness with wings and a halo
instead your energy(sugars and proteins of your corpse) rot/sit as 'potential energy' which other things(maggots, worms,bacteria) then consume to power THEIR consciousness.. your consciousness is just gone. ended. finito. zero, nada. obliterated.

i say this because if people stop thinking of an afterlife. they may actually start caring about their current life
and not think "its ok if i F**k up this life, i can just get a free reset in the next one"
EG middle eastern suicide bombers would be less likely to agree to commit suicide if they knew there were not dozens of virgins waiting for them
EG western idiots would do less crimes if they knew they only had one life

the whole rhetoric of 'forgiveness, a full reset, a new life" gets used too much to excuse idiots and let them do things thinking they can always be forgiven.

the whole point of it was not as an excuse to be an idiot, continually and repeatedly. but instead. if you done a mistake and the remorse and guilt is torturing you beyond what is expected, then you can forgive yourself to ease your mind and allow you to learn from it and then lead a good life. in the current and only life
Activity: 1232
Merit: 379
September 03, 2021, 11:48:52 PM
There are different religions in the world,but their differences and indifferences have caused problem in one way or the other.
The ability to tolerate each of other's behaviour is termed religious tolerant,and it is this tolerant that had been able to make the society today be in peace with each other,even after knowing that it is not everybody that share the same religion.
But when intolerance comes in,that is when there is chaos in the society.The inability of a religion to tolerate another religion is known as religious intolerance.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 693
September 02, 2021, 05:46:52 PM

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1922
The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translators - ENG>SPA
September 02, 2021, 03:41:27 PM
Has region not play any role in our society.

Religion has played and still plays a huge role in society. The same as other non-religious ideologies (communism, nationalism...) it helps to shape one's view of the world, unites and separates people, affects to values and culture, and directs power. One can be religious or not, the same as he can be capitalist or not, but we can't neglect that religion and capitalism play a big role.

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146
September 02, 2021, 01:15:02 PM
Religion is nothing but to form a community among humans, if there is no religions then people will be grouped under multiple things so the groups will be too high so in future the religions may come under the one religion which is humanity.
Activity: 110
Merit: 19
September 02, 2021, 12:34:21 PM
Man has an understanding and fear of death. This means that most have to create or believe in a god and associated religion.

I cannot say I do not agree, but sometimes I fool around with idea that (some) religions even tighten fear of death. Then classical chicken-and-egg question comes to mind... What do you think?

legendary
Merit: 2432
https://JetCash.com
September 02, 2021, 11:19:55 AM
Pages:
Jump to: