Pages:
Author

Topic: RELIGION IT'S POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE IMPACT ON SOCIETY - page 4. (Read 551 times)

legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
In my society or the society at large Religion has been my basic concern, have been seeing the role religion is playing, the positive and negative aspect of it.

So today you will tell me the positive and negative impact of it in your society or Environment.
  I go first,the positive aspect of it have seen is it brings unity among group of people, while d negative aspect of it is too much;
(1) so many people have been brain washed all in the name of Religion
(2) people spends more time to their religion which has affected so many lives
(3) people think religion will liberate them from poverty.

Religions are remnants of tribal cultures.  They unite strangers in common beliefs and build immediate trust and co-operation based on those beliefs.

On the flip side, they provide plenty of reasons to hate, kill, or discriminate against 'others'; people with different worldviews or religions.

Religions are ancient myths still propagated today to extract wealth from unsuspected, gullible, mostly uneducated, and poor people.

They are evil and primitive at their core, as were the cultures that invented them.

Science has proven them wrong, over and over, but people still follow them as part of their cultural tradition, out of fear, or just by being intellectually handicapped or lazy.
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
most pastors now try to extort money from their congregation all in the name of offerings

pastor: my fellow flock.if you pray your life will become richer from god
flock: so then pastor you should pray more and stop asking us for money and ask god instead

it is funny how one side says pray to pay.. and actually means pay to pray
Activity: 131
Merit: 29
Exactly @ op religion has caused and brought so much propaganda in our recent society many believers today argue blindly about religion and Christianity ✝️ there’s indeed a close thin line between the both and it is often confused for being outrightly religious, most pastors now try to extort money from their congregation all in the name of offerings and tithes once more again religion has brought more negativity and comparisons in our society than I can literally imagine.
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
for me religion is just campfire stories to teach morals and laws.
using entertaining stories of magic and mystery to have those stories remembered.
where the ethos ethics and morals of the story are about peace. respect and not harming others

negatives are they people ignore the morals and ethics and use the stories to excuse them when they do harm by taking exerts out that allow them to be forgiven and thus able to do harm without taking responsibility
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
Common sense > Religion

Religion was common sense when there was no internet. Back in the day the only way to transfer past experience to the future generations was via books. Now nobody reads physical books anymore because you can read everything from a pdf.

In 2021, you don't need somebody to tell you that drugs are bad. You can figure that out by yourself.

Activity: 74
Merit: 19
In my society or the society at large Religion has been my basic concern, have been seeing the role religion is playing, the positive and negative aspect of it.

So today you will tell me the positive and negative impact of it in your society or Environment.
  I go first,the positive aspect of it have seen is it brings unity among group of people, while d negative aspect of it is too much;
(1) so many people have been brain washed all in the name of Religion
(2) people spends more time to their religion which has affected so many lives
(3) people think religion will liberate them from poverty.
Pages:
Jump to: