Pages:
Author

Topic: Remembering rallies - page 2. (Read 4105 times)

legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1163
Imposition of ORder = Escalation of Chaos
September 06, 2014, 03:18:08 AM
during November I went out for drinks for a couple of hours, came home drunk to see a 25% price crash but the price was still higher than when I went out  Cheesy fun times!
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
September 06, 2014, 03:01:26 AM
Another rally is a certainty. Everything works in cycles. Everything is vibrations. You have ups and downs and round and round.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
September 05, 2014, 10:57:02 PM
I remember thinking why didn't I buy years ago when I had more money and the price was lower.  I was happy to see the project become so successful that was mind blowing to all of us I'm sure. Hey I made some profit during the rally so it is what it is.  Those were some amazing and unique times.

it takes a brave soul to buy when others are selling and the trolls are out in full force.  confirmation bias is oftentimes not a good thing.
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
Time is on our side, yes it is!
September 05, 2014, 10:52:37 PM
I remember thinking why didn't I buy years ago when I had more money and the price was lower.  I was happy to see the project become so successful that was mind blowing to all of us I'm sure. Hey I made some profit during the rally so it is what it is.  Those were some amazing and unique times.
legendary
Activity: 889
Merit: 1013
September 05, 2014, 09:50:42 PM
I was feeling like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnP5iDKwuwk

After not selling at 266 in April, I made a plan to sell a certain amount at 200,500,1000 etc and I was trying to stick to it. Should have panic sold at 1000 =D.

Next time I'm all out by 10k.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000
September 05, 2014, 09:04:10 PM
i was in on the china rally! lol every morning the price was up by like 20$-50$!  Cheesy

hope for another such rally!
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
September 05, 2014, 07:36:03 PM

About time we had another one  Tongue

it's coming.  just wait.
Activity: 544
Merit: 500
September 05, 2014, 07:25:45 PM

About time we had another one  Tongue
Activity: 155
Merit: 100
September 05, 2014, 06:27:52 PM
Bought my first coin at ~200$ early November -13 and boy was it crazy when right away the price started to go through the roof  Cheesy Then kept buying up to the top and at the moment it's pretty much +-0 for my buy in price. But the feeling of a rally was glorious, miss that. Hope the day is still waiting when we get to feel it again! 
Activity: 406
September 05, 2014, 06:06:45 PM
I remember Smiley it was amazing to see the price and sometimes couldn't even believe it. Don't think it will be something we will see again for a long time yet though if at all which is a shame.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
September 05, 2014, 05:57:49 PM
Its ok to remember rallies, to try to predict future ones and shut up the FUDsters  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
September 05, 2014, 05:56:50 PM
None in fact.

Only started to look at the speculation section with some frequence after the last big rally, when price was going down and down.

Hope I get another rally.

Will be really fun see veryone happy, and fallling without words.
Activity: 322
September 05, 2014, 05:43:50 PM
During the the April 13 bubble i was like "Bloody fuck BFL, finally deliver!".
During the November bubble i was like "WTF, i´m actually getting a positive ROI after all?".
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003
September 05, 2014, 04:19:52 PM
I remember the 2013 China rally, it was awesome for the people who believed in bitcoins, unluckily I wasn't because I sold all my coins way before it went exponential.

this is the problem with those who complain about the deflationary aspects of Bitcoin.  they assume every single soul will hold Bitcoin to the bitter end a hundred years from now.  they fail to understand that the market is made up of different ppl with different assumptions and views on Bitcoin's potential.  almost everyone will sell at different points on the way up encouraging turnover.  only a few of us will make it to the top all the while the bull is trying to buck us off.

Hard to imagine anyone able to hold onto their coin when the price went up to 1200.

If anyone who hold and didn't sell by then, I can't think of a reason they will ever sell.

I don't see why it's hard to imagine. An ability to hold simply stems from a tolerance for risk, plus the realization that the ultimate probability-weighted-avg expected market-cap of bitcoin is significantly higher than the market-cap was at $1200/BTC.

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024
September 05, 2014, 04:09:39 PM
Although I don't own much, it was thrilling to watch. Especially the speed of price increases... a total frenzy! When Bitcoin surpassed the previous high at ~$250 I already thought that's crazy.

We all know what followed... Shocked

I'm sure, we'll see more buying frenzy in the future. I'll be here to enjoy large parts of this community turning into maniacs again. Cheesy

ya.ya.yo!
Activity: 62
September 05, 2014, 01:55:42 PM
I remember the 2013 China rally, it was awesome for the people who believed in bitcoins, unluckily I wasn't because I sold all my coins way before it went exponential.

I remember that rally too, unluckily I never owned any bitcoins until long afterwards.
Activity: 176
Merit: 100
September 05, 2014, 01:50:45 PM

this is the problem with those who complain about the deflationary aspects of Bitcoin.  they assume every single soul will hold Bitcoin to the bitter end a hundred years from now.  they fail to understand that the market is made up of different ppl with different assumptions and views on Bitcoin's potential.  almost everyone will sell at different points on the way up encouraging turnover.  only a few of us will make it to the top all the while the bull is trying to buck us off.

Hard to imagine anyone able to hold onto their coin when the price went up to 1200.

If anyone who hold and didn't sell by then, I can't think of a reason they will ever sell.
Activity: 70
September 05, 2014, 01:45:57 PM
Bitcoin speculation hit a frenzy last fall because of China and merchant adoption

It was mostly because of Willybot, actually. The other rallies were also caused by Mt.Gox manipulation shenanigans.

With Gox gone, there won't be any more rallies. That's the sad fact that bulltards and cultists will have to come to terms with eventually.

I'm still on the fence regarding how much effect Willy Bot had on the rally. I think we had a confluence of several issues: China, the US congressional hearings, merchant adoption beginning, and of course MtGox manipulation.

But I'm rolling on the floor laughing at the twits here who accuse me of spreading FUD to "buy in lower". Bitcoin is finished you morons, it's a multi-year bear market from this point on until bitcoin reaches total obscurity once again.
Activity: 476
September 05, 2014, 01:21:54 PM
Bitcoin speculation hit a frenzy last fall because of China and merchant adoption

It was mostly because of Willybot, actually. The other rallies were also caused by Mt.Gox manipulation shenanigans.

With Gox gone, there won't be any more rallies. That's the sad fact that bulltards and cultists will have to come to terms with eventually.
legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001
September 05, 2014, 01:17:17 PM
All we can do is remember because it will not happen again. Bitcoin speculation hit a frenzy last fall because of China and merchant adoption, but there is no longer any fuel left in the tanks.

Try harder you cretin.

I guess he wants to buy in at a lower price.

I haven't been around long enough to have gone through any rally. I hope I'll have that chance during September/October/November. Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: