Pages:
Author

Topic: Removal of $100 bills from circulation - page 3. (Read 392 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 682
August 24, 2022, 06:06:44 PM
It won't be as simple as that. Before the action can be taken, several observations must be made. The use of digital currency will increase if the $100 note is outlawed as fiat money. Users of cryptocurrencies can rejoice. It will be challenging to stop the use of existing currency; only notes that reach the bank can be invalidated. Those who own it won't want to release it because it will lose all of its worth after that. This can also lessen corruption in nations that utilize the US dollar as their primary currency and are branded with the corruption stigma.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
August 24, 2022, 06:05:50 PM
I used to read the news about it, but didn't take it seriously. But recently I heard a discussion that 100 dollar bills will be banned in a number of countries, and then in the USA and Europe, fiat will gradually be replaced by digital money(CBDC).
It's not a quick process, but it's rumored to start later this year.
I'm interested in hearing your opinion on this issue.

There were discussions to stop the 500 EUR bills from circulation because they're too big for average Joe and only help those earning money from illegal things carry that money easier. And the 500 EUR bill is still in circulation, just no new banknotes are being printed.

The 100$ is not that big. And I also don't think that anybody would admit they are removing the 100$ bills from circulation to favor CBDCs. So unless they come with a better story I don't think they'll do it. And even then.. it'll take many years until the 100$ bill gets retired.
This is basically the same what happened to the 1000 dollar bill, it can still circulate as legal tender but now they are so rare they are worth much more than their printed denomination, however I do not believe the same will happen to the 100 dollar bill, 100 dollars is not as much money as before and with an inflation which will remain high for a long time it would be a mistake to stop printing it as soon enough they may be forced to do so again and maybe even print notes with a higher denomination to keep up with inflation.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1108
August 24, 2022, 05:58:21 PM
There were discussions to stop the 500 EUR bills from circulation because they're too big for average Joe and only help those earning money from illegal things carry that money easier. And the 500 EUR bill is still in circulation, just no new banknotes are being printed.
As always, they always look for something illicit to pin it on. Such as frauds, scams and shits like that just to ensure users could look at other alternatives and not see the government to be forcing a decision on the citizens. Yet there are problems or printing more and more notes and then the issues of inflation.
I really hope @OP, you would have provided a link but, am sure to search for follow ups on the details although, I highly doubt the $100 bill would be flushed put of existence neither is it going to be the reason to promote the use of CBDCs. Some people are just comfortable wth them notes.
Activity: 1524
Merit: 270
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live
August 24, 2022, 05:02:13 PM
I used to read the news about it, but didn't take it seriously. But recently I heard a discussion that 100 dollar bills will be banned in a number of countries, and then in the USA and Europe, fiat will gradually be replaced by digital money(CBDC).

Of course for us as crypto users today is good news regarding the use of digital money. But this is still difficult to implement. Because there are still many people who do not understand digital money, nor how to use it. Yes, gradually it can be implemented.
If this works, of course it is very profitable for small countries, because they can control how much a country prints money in each year. In the Bretton Woods agreement of 1944, 44 countries stipulate that the printing of paper money must be guaranteed gold equivalent to the value of the paper currency being printed, or the so-called gold foreign exchange reserves and gold standard.
Then with the existence of digital money that is indeed transparent, the superpowers cannot print money above the gold foreign exchange standard because it violates the agreement.
Activity: 2044
Merit: 180
Chainjoes.com
August 24, 2022, 04:30:25 PM
I have also heard earlier about this US possibility as a financial blow to Russia. Hundred dollar bills are the most common outside the US. If they are invalidated, it will instantly undermine the financial strength of many states. Apparently, US-friendly states in this case will be provided with an approximately equivalent replacement with either digital currencies or new samples of one hundred dollar bills. This is a very interesting initiative. However, on the other hand, this will mean that the United States should not be trusted in the matter of finances.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
August 24, 2022, 04:20:55 PM

The 100$ is not that big. And I also don't think that anybody would admit they are removing the 100$ bills from circulation to favor CBDCs. So unless they come with a better story I don't think they'll do it. And even then.. it'll take many years until the 100$ bill gets retired.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 4368
August 24, 2022, 03:53:11 PM
Pages:
Jump to: