Pages:
Author

Topic: Remove avatars of banned members - page 2. (Read 621 times)

legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 3911
February 23, 2019, 07:17:08 AM
A lot of banned profiles are continued promoting companies in the avatars, therefore many irrelevant ads have accumulated on the forum.
Does anyone know what happens after the account is banned? I think it will not be possible to change that avatar, so no one will pay you for a service you do for free.

I suggest to replace avatars of blocked accounts with the default image. For example:
From profile:

You can change your personal information on this page. This information will be displayed throughout Bitcoin Forum. If you aren't comfortable with sharing some information, simply skip it - nothing here is required.
I do not think this forum will change your personal information. "No one will be happy about that."
Activity: 1078
Merit: 514
February 23, 2019, 07:13:08 AM
Banned accounts with avatar and signature play a good work for long term campaigns, such member won't be paid anymore, but the promotion is still going Cheesy Right?
I'm also for doing something to cut such things. Should be done something to everyone knew that this member is banned temporary or permanent.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1654
Rêlêå§ê ¥ðµr MïñÐ
February 23, 2019, 06:40:30 AM
I liked the old idea of replacing the coins in the profile with red crosses. Removing avatars would be a good idea as well.

I think, you're talking about this badge?

Source
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
February 23, 2019, 05:51:11 AM
This would be equivalent to having a ban label, which theymos is not willing to do, not yet anyway. So perhaps he should just remove the avatar like he does with signatures.
No, leave the avatar: an avatar without signature is an easy indicator that the account is banned.
Activity: 122
Merit: 20
Jet Cash's better half
February 23, 2019, 03:11:38 AM
I liked the old idea of replacing the coins in the profile with red crosses. Removing avatars would be a good idea as well.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 2196
Signature space for rent
February 23, 2019, 02:12:51 AM
A lot of banned profiles are continue promoting companies in the avatars, therefore many irrelevant ads have accumulated on the forum.
I don't think they are advertising, I think they are just not bothering to change their avatar. Even change avatar I don't believe someone will pay them for it since they are unable to make new post. I believe no one using banned account on the forum for reading post, we can see active them sometime because they login for see their bounty report or something else. I think most of banned user creating new account and we can see sometimes ban evasion topic. So it's not a big deal.

It will better remove their avatar after got ban, may be sometime their avatar will annoy other users.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
February 22, 2019, 11:46:37 PM
or something like this one LOL:

Source: https://www.furaffinity.net/view/27106651/
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
February 22, 2019, 09:02:31 PM
I suggest to replace avatars of blocked accounts with the default image.

This would be equivalent to having a ban label, which theymos is not willing to do, not yet anyway. So perhaps he should just remove the avatar like he does with signatures.
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 6555
be constructive or S.T.F.U
February 22, 2019, 08:51:03 PM
 I second that , or maybe they should be put up for ads auction ? just some extra income for the forum for a rainy day  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1654
Rêlêå§ê ¥ðµr MïñÐ
February 22, 2019, 08:42:22 PM
A lot of banned profiles are continue promoting companies in the avatars, so many irrelevant ads have accumulated on the forum.

Therefore avatars of banned members perhaps should be removed, along with the signatures (credits to suchmoon).

Edit: I suggest to replace avatars of blocked accounts with the default image.
Pages:
Jump to: