Pages:
Author

Topic: Remove Vod from DefaultTrust - page 3. (Read 3460 times)

Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
July 22, 2014, 08:55:39 PM
For example, notice how Vod STILL has positive trust for TradeFortress. You might remember TF was also in the trustlist which is probably why Vod didn't tag him, because TF could have retaliated and ruined his feedback.

Whoops - wasn't aware of that.  That scammer has been removed.
Either way the TF has over 400 negative trust and it should be obvious that he is not trustworthy.

+1.  If you make a deal with someone with that trust, no matter what they post, you deserve to lose your money.
Activity: 574
Merit: 100
July 22, 2014, 08:22:44 PM
For example, notice how Vod STILL has positive trust for TradeFortress. You might remember TF was also in the trustlist which is probably why Vod didn't tag him, because TF could have retaliated and ruined his feedback.

Either way the TF has over 400 negative trust and it should be obvious that he is not trustworthy.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
July 22, 2014, 06:47:10 PM

Vod, thanks.  So glad you got rid of that TF rating as clearly there were a lot of unresolved issues with what went down with some of his activities.  Not saying he was a scammer, but clearly wasn't a good custodian of coins given the inputs.io "hack".

On to OP, you can always just take the default trust out of your trust network.  I've done that and find life is much better, of course, I don't do a lot of marketplace transactions.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
July 22, 2014, 06:44:56 PM
I think that he should remain on the default list. He's doing God's work by hunting down scammers. If anything, we need to add more people to the default list.
Activity: 411
Merit: 100
July 22, 2014, 06:27:16 PM
I would say that VOD stops the scams from happening before they happen. This prevents bitcoin from getting a bad name and being associated with even more scams then it already is.
Activity: 602
July 22, 2014, 06:14:02 PM
I agree that if a user is intending to scam or looks like he could scam because he is not providing collateral it should deserve negative trust I have no problem with what vod is doing.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
July 22, 2014, 05:30:19 PM

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
July 22, 2014, 05:29:40 PM
Whats about to just look the lending section to newbies ?!
Activity: 672
July 22, 2014, 04:44:51 PM
I strongly agree that no loans should be given out to newbies without collateral, but I do not think they deserve negative trust. I think a big red scammer warning inside the thread will do nicely. "Destroying" their accounts is a bit over the top.

Anyhow, he should remain on the default trust list.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
July 22, 2014, 04:28:35 PM
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=30747

Have a look at the sent feedback. As you can see, Vod is leaving a lot of feedback on suspected scammers BEFORE they scam.

The problem is that Vod has left so many people unsubstantiated negative feedback that his feedback isn't useful anymore. none of the feedback good or bad he has left are people who he has traded with in anyway. Anytime I see his feedback I have to ignore it and I know I'm not the only one who does that too.

As I can see from the page, Vod gave negative trust to new accounts asking for loans without collateral.

IMHO, this kind of warnings is very helpful to newbies to stay away from potential scams, and I think Vod has been doing a pretty good job. Smiley
The OP is a Newbie, no wonder he's complaining.
OP stop trying to pull a scam.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1001
July 22, 2014, 02:31:17 PM
This request coming from someone with a scammer tag.

Vod mainly patrols the lending board and prevents loans being given out without collateral. On a board prevalent with scammers you aren't going to garner sympathy from the community about the negative trust he leaves. It's most likely deserved.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1209
The revolution will be digital
July 22, 2014, 12:16:13 PM
Lately, I can see, there are lots of allegations coming about Vod's feedback. There is also a doxing thread on Vod from a disgruntled user. I just wonder, can there be a clear declaration on this section saying "Newbies asking for loan without collateral will be left with -ve feedback without any second chance" ? Then it would probably be easier to defend Vod from a more logical angle.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
July 22, 2014, 09:32:46 AM

Have a look at the sent feedback. As you can see, Vod is leaving a lot of feedback on suspected scammers BEFORE they scam.

The problem is that Vod has left so many people unsubstantiated negative feedback that his feedback isn't useful anymore. none of the feedback good or bad he has left are people who he has traded with in anyway. Anytime I see his feedback I have to ignore it and I know I'm not the only one who does that too.

As I can see from the page, Vod gave negative trust to new accounts asking for loans without collateral.

IMHO, this kind of warnings is very helpful to newbies to stay away from potential scams, and I think Vod has been doing a pretty good job. Smiley
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
July 22, 2014, 02:20:53 AM

He also never leaves negative trust to users who are trusted, even if they are confirmed to be scammers. For example, notice how Vod STILL has positive trust for TradeFortress. You might remember TF was also in the trustlist which is probably why Vod didn't tag him, because TF could have retaliated and ruined his feedback.

How do you guys feel about this practice? I think that trust feedback should be "mostly" reserved for reporting people who have actually scammed, not accusing unconfirmed ones. Perhaps a scam accusation thread is more suitable for that so that the accused has the ability to challenge the accusation.

I notice Vod is on the trustlist of BadBear and Tomatocage, I hope you guys reconsider and remove him. His feedback will still show up but it won't be "Trusted", I don't think you can call unsubstantiated accusations "Trusted Feedback" .
Pages:
Jump to: