Pages:
Author

Topic: removed - page 2. (Read 8313 times)

donator
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
May 19, 2013, 11:25:55 AM
Donald, you're a sad and troubled individual. I hope in time you find peace.

---

I'd first assumed any rational person reading Donald's rant would dismiss it entirely. Since may not be the case, I'll add just this...

1) Company name registrations are required to be unique only within a given state. There are at least half a dozen companies named "Smash Clicks". Searching Google reveals a lot of consumer complains about one such company in Florida. I have no affiliation at all with that company.

2) If you've never been involved a lawsuit... lucky you. If you have, then you know that "fraud" is routinely alledged as part of almost any civil dispute. (If it's not obvious why, ask a lawyer.) In the matter referenced by Donald, the judge ruled in our favor.

3) I've guided investments in over two dozen start-ups, including Bitcoinica and CoinLab. I have no management role at either company. I got my hands dirty to guide Bitcoinica into liquidation because nobody else would have. Hopefully the liquidator will get the other cooperation they need to repay customers soon. 

Donald is clearly angry and ashamed. I take issue with his terrible choices but I'm not here to bash on him. If there's some other myth you want addressed, send me a private message.
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
May 18, 2013, 02:55:30 PM
*Bitcoinica possibly had inflated numbers and fraud may have been the reason the database was destroyed

There's a lot more to that, they were running it as a proper fraud (much like Bitfinex is being run today, possibly by the same people). See here.

I understand that Roger Ver and Jesse Powell (like Bitcoinica Consultancy) have also been victims in this situation. I also understand that Roger Ver has contributed significantly to bitcoin in recent years. These do not excuse his behavior.

This is nonsense. You seem to be under the impression this is a popularity contest. It is not a popularity contest.

Amir and Patrick have been attacked for being callous towards them. These are regrettable mistakes brought on by things such as the threat of frivolous litigation, extortion, fraud, slander among others.

Amir has been sunk, not "attacked", for being an unfathomable idiot and messing with the wrong people.

Patrick has been sunk by his own boneheadedness (much the same brand that is slowly sinking a good chunk of the original contributors of bad C code to the hairball of bad C code that's commonly known as "bitcoin source"). He is still fondly remembered as the douche that pretended to be "doing Bitcoin security" while sending the entire userbase a list of the entire userbase via email, for instance. There's plenty of other stuff, but I won't lengthen this thread pointlessly.

In short: your narrative is amusing, your effort appreciated, your mission hopeless. You will never be able to wash anyone involved in this debacle. All of them are marked people, and irrespective of how many times they manage to sneak into Bitcoin related events they're still dead in the water.

Now that people are questioning his associate Peter Vasseness and Coinlab, an owner of the Bitcoinica Consultancy thought it was appropriate to release this information publicly as it might actually have some effect.

Not "people". Name names, you'll gain a lot more respect that way.

Needless to say, the source code itself did not have any true value and those saying that the leaking of the source code was an asset loss to Bitcoinica are generally the same people who have yet to say a harsh word towards Zhou.

The source code of a website hacked thrice and administered by a set of muppets (Zhou, Donald, Tihan etc) is arguably not worth anything in retrospect. Still, in the context it was its most valuable asset, more so than its Enronesque brand and certainly more so than its laughable "human resources". So yes, you all had nothing. It's a little late coming in and saying this now.

The "ethical" thing to do would have been to come out August 30th and say "you know that service MP started a week before us and which still runs to this day without problem? Well...unlike us it actually works, use that."  It never happened, so forget the supposed "ethics" of trying to get one over the other team of thieves involved. Those aren't ethics, those are the sorts of childish upmanship you lot are famous for by now.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
May 18, 2013, 02:54:52 PM
Can you make this available for the kindle?
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1002
amarha
May 18, 2013, 02:13:35 PM
Wow. What an epic post.
Activity: 14
May 18, 2013, 01:54:39 PM
reserved 3
May 18, 2013, 01:53:40 PM
reserved 2
May 18, 2013, 01:52:40 PM
The following posts are reserved to answer any questions (if possible) which may come up later in the thread but deserved to be addressed on the first page. I was also worried that there may be a limit to the length of a post but it seems that all pages fit within the OP

reserved 1
May 18, 2013, 01:51:37 PM
removed due to 'request' and lack of significant interest
Pages:
Jump to: