Pages:
Author

Topic: Renewable energy transition is expensive, but is resilient - page 2. (Read 225 times)

Activity: 1344
Merit: 110
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
What's more to realize when the worst yet to come? We are not sure yet that your realization will come to an idea of building facilities which harness green energy. It is still not the end, the war isn't over and if somehow we manage to escape this turmoil, then it is a good thing to put those ideas in action and build one.
Nuclear plants are way too dangerous and if those plants gets destroyed, nobody wins. Good thing in our country we can avail those alternatives, we have marshlands which has natural gas, we have a tropical season and can harness solar and wind energy, waterfalls etc. If the government don't act upon these opportunities, we as a citizen should look it by ourselves and do it on our own. Little by little some of my neighbors are trying to build theirs, and I am encouraged by them and so I am planning to build my own set(solar energy)  with the help of professional of course.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1106
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
Countries realise only when there arises difficulty. Now European countries that depend completely on oil and gas from Russia need to look for an alternate or other countries for their imports.

If the green energy infrastructure is developed earlier, now things could've been even better. Already more countries are into transition towards green energy. Renewable energy transition needs a big capital for the initial setup, which makes it expensive.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500
Upon Putin's invasion of Ukraine and the limited ability to stop the imports of gas and oil from Russia to avoid financing the military aggression. Ursula Von der Leyen today mentioned in the European Parliament that this shows how the strategy to transition to solar and wind is strategic in more than one way and is not only about climate change.

Solar and wind power and by nature quite distributed and avoid the existence of critical and dangerous energy infrastructure (e.g. nuclear centrals)

At last! Not sure how European governments are realizing the importance of green energy only now! The European people are usually known as environmentally educated people to the rest of the world. Just look at Norway how much they have done to contribute to the green energy.

But anyway, realizing is great even if it is late! So I sincerely hope that European governments will start working towards 100% green energy production and try to become self reliant.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1598
Do not die for Putin
Upon Putin's invasion of Ukraine and the limited ability to stop the imports of gas and oil from Russia to avoid financing the military aggression. Ursula Von der Leyen today mentioned in the European Parliament that this shows how the strategy to transition to solar and wind is strategic in more than one way and is not only about climate change.

Solar and wind power and by nature quite distributed and avoid the existence of critical and dangerous energy infrastructure (e.g. nuclear centrals)
Pages:
Jump to: