Pages:
Author

Topic: Rent space on a mining server. Mining United, Make extra bitcoins. - page 2. (Read 9508 times)

Activity: 90
Merit: 10
1hhntJXUSWrLxDb2zfeFoqucBEGyqcW6E    Grin
Activity: 98
Making money for doing nothing is always suspicious.
Activity: 84
'That Guy'
This recent burst of MiningUnited advertisements is suspicious.

A business that is doing well is suspicious hmmmm

I wonder, is anything legit in the BitCoin world? Seriously. Every single website you can look up and some people will say its a scam.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0

Cheesy
Activity: 98
Activity: 91
Lol! That's Awesome! PM sent.

That must have been a hell of a roll. Never played the Dice game. Might have to start. Actually, just started the SealswithClubs poker room. So far so good. Very unfinished, but looks like a good work in progress.
Can I have one of those x34's I saw you giving out recently? I wouldn't mind getting an extra 34 times my 0.25 payout I'm due in a few days...

Hey Blue get this:

One of our users (19Wfxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wanted us to 'gamble' his payouts on Satoshi Dice for him and keep the winnings. Odd request, but we did it. Checked with our legal team, and they said there was no problems granting this wish. Please note that only this specific user wanted his payouts gambled as a donation, and no other payouts or purchases are touched. If we wanted to 'hide' this we could have easily done so.

http://www.MiningUnited.com/donation.png

We won 160.17 BitCoin with his payouts he wanted us to send to Satoshi Dice to gamble as a donation. Guess what? We are going to be giving all that back to our users in bonuses.

What's your address, heck ill just toss you 0.25 right now.

Thanks!
Anyone who recently purchased a mining service you can expect some extra BitCoins with your payout!

Can I have one of those x34's I saw you giving out recently? I wouldn't mind getting an extra 34 times my 0.25 payout I'm due in a few days... 
If you notice, no one on these forums (or anywhere) has came on here saying "I didn't get a payout!!!" - because everyone has.

One of our premier users, "Jimmy", just donated (in a very unique way) a lot of BitCoins which we are going to just be giving away back to our users. Anyone who recently purchased a mining service you can expect some extra BitCoins with your payout!
I don't think it's a scam. Their business model is different then most others. The idea behind it is solid, and makes sense if you look far enough into it. But you have to take into consideration EVERYTHING they are doing for money, not just the "loan me X and I'll give you Y" part. They are making money. No doubt about it.

They are new, and their website is pretty... basic. (At least it's not a 1990's design with a ton of gif's and moving background... Be thankful you're young.)

I think you should try it. Or not. It's all up to your personal "Acceptable Loss" threshold. I personally consider it like playing dice. I put in 0.25 BTC's, and win everytime. It's possible that they could close shop and I'll loose the next round. But as long as I don't have hundreds of BTC's in at one time, I still think I'll be ahead IF it does happen.

There are many others who claim they have received payouts. I personally have received many of them. I've also provided proof of them. The people who claim they have never received anything, have been unable to provide a single shred of evidence showing they even tried the service. No Blockchain info, nothing.
Wed
legendary
Activity: 1231
Merit: 1018
Sounds legit to me im in

the only ones which are saying its legit are all new here

sounds like a big huge scam
Activity: 5
 didn't think that would be a problem. They have paid me out everytime I've sent bitcoins. I'm not sure what kind of proof I could give on it.
Activity: 84
MEC - MFLtNSHN6GSxxP3VL8jmL786tVa9yfRS4p
Sounds legit to me im in
It's a pretty smart idea.  Obviously only invest in as much as you can afford to lose, just in case.

Smiley

Those who think we are going continue this service "long term" are insane. That is impossible. Payouts vary too, we don't always pay the same amount!

We have raised over 1,450 BitCoin on and off the website to raise funds for mining equipment! Guess how much we have put into it: 0.00    We would consider this a huge success.

We are approaching the point where we have so much seed investment that we can purchase "endless fields, Neo. Endless fields" of mining equipment - not a single Satoshi paid by us.

Now, I'm also going to try selling Premium memberships... That's just cash in my pocket above and beyond what I'm making.

So far with what we have sold in premier memberships we could purchase 3x BitForce 50GH/s Butterfly Labs miners. Not bad. But most we actually just give back with awards and bonuses and are continuing to do so to those who were with us in the beginning.
Activity: 9
I rent a server for $500 a month, with $100 in electricity. (easy numbers, not an exact quote of course.)

My costs every month are going to be $600 total just to mine bitcoins. This is a flat rate, always going to pay it whether I mine bitcoins, or run a Quake 3 server.

I can make $1000 a month mining bitcoins with this server. That's a $400 profit, after taking out electricity and rent.

Now, if I can get someone to rent this server from me for 1 month, and pay me $600 a month for it, and only expects $700 in bitcoins, then I cover my cost of the server, the electricity, and I still keep $300 in my pocket. I'm not going to pay them $1000 worth of bitcoins to rent the server, I'm going to hold some back.

My guess is that if they are charging 0.25 for 3 days on their server, then over those 3 days, they are making 1.0 bitcoins, and only giving back 0.35, netting a profit of 0.65. All with no risk to themselves.

Now, I could retype all of that substituting Bitcoins in the small denominations like .02, .05, .10 and what-not, but it's 6:35AM in the morning, I've had a half a cup of coffee, and crusty eyes, so I don't have the mental power to do the calculations.

Now, I'm also going to try selling Premium memberships... That's just cash in my pocket above and beyond what I'm making. Who knows, maybe I'll throw a couple of ads on the front page to make a little extra. The ads will help, because no sponsor wants to work with you upfront unless you already have an established user base. Just like any website, you have to get the users first, before you can get the money.

That's how I see it.

Pretty much this is how it would come to pass.  You buy a house, but rent out 80% of it to pay the mortgage and get a little extra (if you can convince people it's worth it).  Over time the house is paid for, you have equity, and you could reinvest.

These people could, over time, build more rigs as they build equity.  Those that 'invest'  get a 9% return, and when no-one is invested, they mine coins for themselves. They're dealing with all the hardware issues, any downtime, and will have a pool in case of severe downtime to pay off those who have invested at a small loss to the website.   

It's a pretty smart idea.  Obviously only invest in as much as you can afford to lose, just in case.
Sorry - site screams scam to me.

We will not try to convenience you otherwise, because we know nothing will change your mindset at this point, and respect that.

There are:
1) Those who think our service is a scam
or
2) Those who use our service and earn extra BitCoin

if you're able to rent that equipment daily then you'd simply be better off using it to mine yourself.

Well, that is the ultimate goal.
Imagine an apartment complex with 5 living quarters. You are renting out 4 spots and live in the last. You have the 4 other pay for the mortgage and you live there free. Once they have paid for the mortgage, you own the entire place, never paying a dime.

We do however, get a great sense of pride by helping the BitCoin community by providing a service for those who can't mine or don't know how. So it is 'true' we could be better off "keeping it all to ourselves", but why the greed?
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Sorry - site screams scam to me.

Having a gpu farm myself, I'm not buying the system specs and the ability 'rent daily' - if you're able to rent that equipment daily then you'd simply be better off using it to mine yourself.

Nice try - but buyer beware.
As of right now it is, but will it continue?  With someone paying interest this high it has to collapse at some point.

We hope to continue this service long term, but you are right. Eventually when the new generation of BitCoin slows to a trickle, or the mining difficulty becomes too high, we will not be able to make such payouts. Rather than 'collapse' payouts will just get so small they will become insignificant and we will discontinue our services.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1004
Keep it real

I don't care what your logic is.... they're basically taking short term loans payingalmost  9% interest daily, it's not feasible to do that.

Ok, I see this is a losing battle with you... Proof provided, proof of concept given, and explanation of how it could be possible given. It is a small term loan, that pay's back interest. It's possible they will fold. But as of right now, it works, and it's paying back money.

As of right now it is, but will it continue?  With someone paying interest this high it has to collapse at some point.
Pages:
Jump to: