Pages:
Author

Topic: Repudiate the Debt! - page 2. (Read 5112 times)

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007
July 27, 2011, 12:20:23 AM
haha, I imagine that repudiating the debt would piss a lot of people off. Funny... but probably not a good thing. Kind of like Texas seceding

Like anything else, whether the repudiation of the debt is a good or bad thing depends upon who you are just as whether the secession of the Republic of Texas is good or bad depending mostly upon which side of the Texas border one happens to live on.
legendary
July 27, 2011, 12:18:20 AM
If you're leaving the US for this purpose, don't forget to renounce your citizenship too.

That's actually pretty hard to do.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
July 27, 2011, 12:15:37 AM
If you're leaving the US for this purpose, don't forget to renounce your citizenship too.
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
youtube.com/ericfontainejazz now accepts bitcoin
July 26, 2011, 11:04:24 PM
You can repudiate the debt personally.  Leave the country and find one with less or no debt. 

Cheesy
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
July 26, 2011, 10:53:07 PM
haha, I imagine that repudiating the debt would piss a lot of people off. Funny... but probably not a good thing. Kind of like Texas seceding
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
July 26, 2011, 09:55:22 PM
You can repudiate the debt personally.  Leave the country and find one with less or no debt. 

Heh. You're funny.Tell another one.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003
July 26, 2011, 09:47:54 PM
legendary
July 26, 2011, 02:58:05 PM
Because, unlike the people in Soviet Union, people in America had a choice and a say in their debt, and are thus fully responsible for things like wanting a war in the Middle East and supporting politicians who pushed for it, or voting to approve local and state government projects.

Lol!  Yeah, of course.  I forgot we live in a democracy where we are the government and there fore simply owe it to ourselves, right?

Sure, as long as the 'owe' is the taxpayer and the 'ourselves' is the entire class of government parasites.  Under very rare circumstances is a actual net taxpayer also a beneficiary of government largess.
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
youtube.com/ericfontainejazz now accepts bitcoin
July 26, 2011, 02:54:30 PM
Because, unlike the people in Soviet Union, people in America had a choice and a say in their debt, and are thus fully responsible for things like wanting a war in the Middle East and supporting politicians who pushed for it, or voting to approve local and state government projects.

Lol!  Yeah, of course.  I forgot we live in a democracy where we are the government and there fore simply owe it to ourselves, right?
legendary
July 26, 2011, 02:36:19 PM

I didn't have a say.  Am I responsible?  Collective responsibility is an evil fiction.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
July 26, 2011, 02:03:05 PM
legendary
July 25, 2011, 08:45:53 PM
"I propose, then, a seemingly drastic but actually far less destructive way of paying off the public debt at a single blow: out-right debt repudiation. Consider this question: why should the poor, battered citizens of Russia or Poland or the other ex-Communist countries be bound by the debts contracted by their former Communist masters? In the Communist situation, the injustice is clear: that citizens struggling for freedom and for a free-market economy should be taxed to pay for debts contracted by the monstrous former ruling class. But this injustice only differs by degree from "normal" public debt. For, conversely, why should the Communist government of the Soviet Union have been bound by debts contracted by the Czarist government they hated and overthrew? And why should we, struggling American citizens of today, be bound by debts created by a past ruling elite who contracted these debts at our expense? One of the cogent arguments against paying blacks "reparations" for past slavery is that we, the living, were not slaveholders. Similarly, we the living did not contract for either the past or the present debts incurred by the politicians and bureaucrats in Washington."

http://mises.org/daily/1423

This is the only way to save the US FRN, which is the only scenario that Bitcoin (or some derivitive) doesn't become the next international trade currency.

Pages:
Jump to: