Pages:
Author

Topic: Requirements for a small custom farm - page 2. (Read 2217 times)

Activity: 441
Merit: 250
No zuo no die why you try, u zuo u die dont be shy
June 24, 2016, 03:46:56 AM
Hi folks,

I would like to know how many square feet should I be looking at if I decide to host 50x AntMiner S7? To narrow my search for a proper location, should I start with warehouse rentals? Please share your experience and insights as I am trying to work on a small business plan.

Thanks.

That is a good amount of electricity with 50 S7's so I would start by looking if they can even handle that amount  of electricity. I would imagine a good amount can't handle it and those who can I am guessing you will have to do some wiring.

So I would look for being able to modify location as I have a feeling you will need to do wiring, and cooling.  And not all are going to let you modify the location.   And really best start  is finding one with the amount of electricity as you need as I really think that will really lower amount of possible locations.

Thanks for your advice. However, space is also a requirement here but I have no clue how much space should I reasonably be looking for to handle the heat from 50 S7's? I understand the electrical part is another issue to be figured out. I will see how much information I can get from local electricity suppliers.

I think this is hard to say as we don't know if you are allowed to modify location. If you are allowed to modify location we don't know what your looking at on type of cooling.  I would guess high RPM fan's and good exhust fan's. Or is it a location evaporation cooling is possible (for me personally my climate does not work with evaporation cooling).  So there is a lot of unknown's as we don't know what equipment is being used for cooling. But with 50 miners there will be a lot of heat.   I think you are going to have a hard time finding warehouse that allows modification and has the electricity needed and rents.  This is why hosting companies are so popular.

Have you started to look at warehouses that have  the electricity needed for 50 S7's?  I just don't think you will find a ton of them for cheap.  But start with that and then find the one that allows modification out of them. I think it will be not so easy to find locations that have these two things unless your purchasing it but I could be wrong.  Rentals I just don't see many being in this area, and if they are I would guess a very long term lease.

Thanks for your input. At least the challenging aspects are more realistic on my paper now.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
June 24, 2016, 03:27:34 AM
Hi folks,

I would like to know how many square feet should I be looking at if I decide to host 50x AntMiner S7? To narrow my search for a proper location, should I start with warehouse rentals? Please share your experience and insights as I am trying to work on a small business plan.

Thanks.

That is a good amount of electricity with 50 S7's so I would start by looking if they can even handle that amount  of electricity. I would imagine a good amount can't handle it and those who can I am guessing you will have to do some wiring.

So I would look for being able to modify location as I have a feeling you will need to do wiring, and cooling.  And not all are going to let you modify the location.   And really best start  is finding one with the amount of electricity as you need as I really think that will really lower amount of possible locations.

Thanks for your advice. However, space is also a requirement here but I have no clue how much space should I reasonably be looking for to handle the heat from 50 S7's? I understand the electrical part is another issue to be figured out. I will see how much information I can get from local electricity suppliers.

I think this is hard to say as we don't know if you are allowed to modify location. If you are allowed to modify location we don't know what your looking at on type of cooling.  I would guess high RPM fan's and good exhust fan's. Or is it a location evaporation cooling is possible (for me personally my climate does not work with evaporation cooling).  So there is a lot of unknown's as we don't know what equipment is being used for cooling. But with 50 miners there will be a lot of heat.   I think you are going to have a hard time finding warehouse that allows modification and has the electricity needed and rents.  This is why hosting companies are so popular.

Have you started to look at warehouses that have  the electricity needed for 50 S7's?  I just don't think you will find a ton of them for cheap.  But start with that and then find the one that allows modification out of them. I think it will be not so easy to find locations that have these two things unless your purchasing it but I could be wrong.  Rentals I just don't see many being in this area, and if they are I would guess a very long term lease.
June 24, 2016, 02:52:23 AM
Hi folks,

Thanks.

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
June 24, 2016, 02:29:44 AM
Hi folks,

Thanks.

That is a good amount of electricity with 50 S7's so I would start by looking if they can even handle that amount  of electricity. I would imagine a good amount can't handle it and those who can I am guessing you will have to do some wiring.

So I would look for being able to modify location as I have a feeling you will need to do wiring, and cooling.  And not all are going to let you modify the location.   And really best start  is finding one with the amount of electricity as you need as I really think that will really lower amount of possible locations.
June 24, 2016, 01:42:43 AM
Hi folks,

Thanks.
Pages:
Jump to: