Pages:
Author

Topic: Research knowledge alone isn't enough to start a business - page 2. (Read 322 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 151

Trust me, learning the science alone without learning the Act of running that business of intent will possibly crash the business and will surely lead to you being duped, taken unnecessary advantage of, most times terrible loss of capital, risk of total shutdown and in the end you start blaming village people. The act of a business model can only be learned by working in an already established firm for a period of time and being open to learning actively during your stay. Believe it or yes, there are hidden secrets in any business that no matter how much interviews you are granted, it will most likely not be mentioned. You learn them as you're constant and committed to the firm activities. These secrets are passed to you either directly or indirectly from the masters.

Working with an already established firm doesn't guarantee that you will excell in that particular business as every business has it's own challenges irrespective of how learned or informed you are about that business.

There are basic technique and principles that a business requires to be able to encounter positive results. Like knowing how to interact with your customers, the location of your business, the cost of the things you are dealing on.

You might be very good in a particular business but you don't have a good interaction with people that patronize you, you will see that you may find it difficult because you're gonna scare people away due to your business approach.

Another is the location of your business, if one locate his business in an area where the demands of things he is dealing on are not much required, you will see he will find it difficult because he's going to record low patronage because people around that vicinity may not need what they sells over there and if it is also an area that doesn't have a good road network, motorist might find it difficult to access your location thereby it is going to affect the growth of your business.

Selling products more costlier than normal also scares people away from your business because they will make comparison with what others are selling their own products and when they find out you sell higher, customers will not patronize you always.

It is important for us to know that no matter how experienced you are in a business, it requires basic technique and discipline to be able to sail through in your line of business.
Activity: 798
Merit: 546
One thing is for sure, every business has a secret or code for running it, However, there are businesses you can do just by doing research and consultation, and it will go just fine if you are given the code of running it, whereas some do require both research and that experience, basically going through some trainings or spending time in that field of business to have a more profound understanding of how to run yours.

Out of it all, The best way to succeed in any business is to have practical experience in it, this way you can handle bad times in the running of the business, especially when the business is about to crumble because literally, every business will at some point tend to face its test of time and only the experienced ones can scale through.

Activity: 574
Merit: 308
You made some convincing point but to a large extent, I disagree with you on some areas. First of all, I will say it depends on the nature of business you intend to run. For example now, you can not expect someone who wants to run a provision business to start looking for who will mentor him/her. Sorry to hear about your experience of fish farming but believe me that was not the reason your business failed. Fish farming is known to be a risk business even for those who are expert in the system for a long time. No matter the nature of the business, you don't expect and hope too much in the first year of establishment and management. Some may fail while some may prosper. Regardless of the outcome, you'll learn the area to improve on to make the business stable. You can still work under the most successful businessman and become the worse businessman when you establish your own business.

By the way, running a business such as fish farming require more than reading and watching online videos. I believe you have learned some lessons during your first experience and you can do better now when you try it again.
Activity: 294
Merit: 232
Let love lead
Starting up a business is very challenging and for sure, it calls for proper research in the line of business to be aware of the pros, con's, theoretically possibilities and impossibilities in the business venture. Extensive researches and consultations are very much needed as a lot of facts and principles needs to be gathered. Many materials written by professionals in the field should be reviewed to gather hidden knowledge and series of one on one consultations should be conducted with practicing professionals in the business of intent. All these are very important, but I call them the science of a business venture.

Trust me, learning the science alone without learning the Act of running that business of intent will possibly crash the business and will surely lead to you being duped, taken unnecessary advantage of, most times terrible loss of capital, risk of total shutdown and in the end you start blaming village people. The act of a business model can only be learned by working in an already established firm for a period of time and being open to learning actively during your stay. Believe it or yes, there are hidden secrets in any business that no matter how much interviews you are granted, it will most likely not be mentioned. You learn them as you're constant and committed to the firm activities. These secrets are passed to you either directly or indirectly from the masters.

They teach you these things subconsciously and intentionally as situation present themselves. Just like the forum, the more you engage, the more you're enlightened and given materials of reference to boost your knowledge about bitcoin and other activities. You're surely far better in experience to start signature campaign when you've ranked up to full member. To learn a lot from these mentors, you've to be hardworking and diligent in your work. By the time they are rewarding your hard work with more work, your experience is increasing rapidly and most importantly, you're learning how to manage both the business and their client relationship approach.

As soon as these boss sees that you're an asset, they both intentionally and unintentionally expose their work ethics and secrets to you so as to help you become more useful to them. This is when you would cool down and download these knowledge as much as you can and get a chance to practice them repeatedly, master most of them and be very much prepared to set up and run your own firm in the future. It is  worth mentioning that even company owners submerge their successors into their business for a period of time before  handing over to them and retiring. This is not an easy schedule, but its surely a rewarding one. By the time you've graduated from apprenticeship or internship as you may call it, you're more than prepared to run your own firm effectively.

Additionally, you must have had some really good relationships with your boss, his friends and top clients and they turn your business partners. You can still easily go back to them for business discussion now and no longer consultations. These advantages keeps you several steps above the one that started a business venture with only the knowledge of the science of the business. You need the knowledge of the act to successfully apply the science of the business. The Act of a business is the most important aspect of running a business venture successfully.

I speak from experience, on my first attempt in fish farm business, I acted only on research, consultations, reviews and YouTube videos I watched on the business. Guess what?!, I was duped as a welcome message, the business crashed and left me in big debt, frustrated and depressed for almost a year. I am currently interning with a big and experienced person in this line of business and what I've seen prompted me to put  this piece into writing. A stitch in time they say saves nine. Learn the act and run your business successfully.
Pages:
Jump to: