Pages:
Author

Topic: Research on the Bitcoin community - page 3. (Read 3752 times)

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
What's a GPU?
June 07, 2012, 01:48:27 AM
I'd surely participate.
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
June 07, 2012, 01:42:21 AM
I have found it interesting that bitcoin attracts such an unlikely selection of people. We've got the geeks here for the interesting applications of cryptology and the opportunity to work on interesting projects, the economists and stock traders or investors for the chance to make some money off the budding market, and the privacy fanatics (maybe bordering on conspiracy theorists at times) who like the chance to get away from government controlled money supply. It's led to some interesting discussions, projects, and clashes of opinion between people who would otherwise never meet. I'm interested in seeing whatever you end up putting together.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
June 07, 2012, 01:26:56 AM
this does sound interesting

i would be participating and reading the results.

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
June 07, 2012, 01:02:53 AM
I've been interested in Bitcoin for a while now, partly for technical reasons and partly for political ones, but lately I've become more interested in learning more about the Bitcoin community itself. Who is using Bitcoin and why? How are we using it? What are our backgrounds, our interests, our plans, our goals? I suppose all that might seem rather boring to some, and I'm not quite sure why I find it fascinating to be honest. I suppose I just feel that whatever is behind the allure of Bitcoin has the potential to really be a game-changer in the future.

I've read a lot of the informal polls here on the forum, but I was curious about whether there have been any larger scale studies on the subject (I haven't found anything with my feeble google-fu). If not, would anybody be interested in helping with, participating in, or at least reading the results of a informal study? I'm not a sociologist, but I'd love to put my web skills to work on a project that could potentially benefit the community as a whole.

Anyway, thank you for reading. Please let me know what you think.

Pages:
Jump to: