Pages:
Author

Topic: Resigned from day job today - page 2. (Read 288 times)

Activity: 2982
Merit: 678
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
January 05, 2024, 04:17:16 PM
Isn't Illegal to resigned effectively ? because there is a one month grace period for the company to find your replacement?
Nope, it's not illegal to resign effectively. Yes, there will be a time that you need to render for your succession but if you have a valid reason, you can even be allowed not to render it anymore.

I've been into two jobs before that I did resigned effectively, the other one I have to render two weeks for the new hire to be taught by me.

The other one is good as soon as I have filed my resignation letter and it's the actual immediate effect.

@OP, it's okay. If you're no longer happy with the job and it is affecting your mental state, that's a good decision.

Thanks for your comments. Yes it was affecting my mental health. It impacted on my ability to get things done outside work. There are other jobs I can easily work at, so I'm looking forward to the future.
Good luck with that.

I've been there and done that. It is important to think of our mental wellness. If there are better jobs that don't have a lot of workload, pay lesser and you can easily work with happily, I'd choose that to do other things that I like.

But it is a bonus if that pays more or the same with the former.
legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
January 05, 2024, 04:06:35 PM
usual advice would be to apply for new jobs whilst still employed(oops too late, oh well). but if the old job was wrecking your health where you now need a break from all employment to recuperate then for healths sake seems you made the right decision
afterall no new employer will take you on if you then instantly ask for vacation time to recover from previous job

i myself resigned decades ago for similar reasons(multitude of reasons that piled up). and found stock trading filled my pockets, then just over a decade ago bitcoin. so essentially i retired young
i didnt plan on resigning, but something triggered and i had enough. i knew i could pivot to stock trading and live off the gains, as it was already earning me nice sidehustle income so money was not a constraint

have no regrets, dont pander to ex-bosses to return to the place that caused you stress. leave them in the past. dont think about them, they cant do anything to you anymore so dont waste another second beating self up about decisions related to them or previous experiences, memories, interactions with them. concentrate on the now and the future

as for now and future, if you dont have any side hustles. dont take too long out of employment
really use this week to sincerely chill, stay in bed do absolutely the minimum and really recharge. dont half-ass it by making your time-off busy where you dont recharge, or it takes longer to recharge
concentrate on getting health back on par asap by resting up properly. and then get them job applications going.
Activity: 1104
Merit: 504
This is who we are.
January 05, 2024, 03:59:28 PM
The government generated jobs report was released today. I'm so hopeful for a future without slavery to the debt dollar of those tyrants.

May your mind be relaxed sooner than you expect it too be. The future is indeed brighter than it has ever been brother.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136
January 05, 2024, 03:27:09 PM
Isn't Illegal to resigned effectively ? because there is a one month grace period for the company to find your replacement?
Nope, it's not illegal to resign effectively. Yes, there will be a time that you need to render for your succession but if you have a valid reason, you can even be allowed not to render it anymore.

I've been into two jobs before that I did resigned effectively, the other one I have to render two weeks for the new hire to be taught by me.

The other one is good as soon as I have filed my resignation letter and it's the actual immediate effect.

@OP, it's okay. If you're no longer happy with the job and it is affecting your mental state, that's a good decision.

Thanks for your comments. Yes it was affecting my mental health. It impacted on my ability to get things done outside work. There are other jobs I can easily work at, so I'm looking forward to the future.
Activity: 2982
Merit: 678
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
January 05, 2024, 03:03:07 PM

Activity: 2380
Merit: 251
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
January 05, 2024, 10:27:16 AM
Isn't Illegal to resigned effectively ?

You may not get some funds left in the company with immediate resignations but there is no such thing called illegal to stop wroling if you don't like to work there.

It may affect negatively on the individual if the job nature is corporate based because every corporate company has some links so they may blackmark such profiles but I hope that is not the case with OP and he left in good terms.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 439
January 04, 2024, 06:16:45 AM
Isn't Illegal to resigned effectively ? because there is a one month grace period for the company to find your replacement? i did the same thing back in the years when i felt something like you but i was not allowed to completely resigned or else I will never get my benefits in which some good back pay so I need to stay 1 whole month training my replacement though i have already applied to different job and yeah being hired right after my last day. and indeed that Job last long not until Pandemic that we need to separate ways.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136
January 04, 2024, 04:38:39 AM
With some relief, I have resigned from my day job with immediate effect. It had got to the stage where I felt undervalued and unwanted, and have felt the job was effecting my mental health.  Nevertheless, I will be looking for a new job as soon as I have sufficiently rested.

Has anyone else here immediately resigned from their occupation?

Consequently, money will be tight as I transition to new employment. I am slightly depressed about the situation, but I know the future is brighter elsewhere.

Thank you for reading. Just wanted to share the news.
Pages:
Jump to: