Pages:
Author

Topic: [resolved] IronMarvel Account got hacked!!! - page 2. (Read 4284 times)

legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077
Its crazy only theymos can recover lost / hacked accounts. He should give the responsibility to someone else because it looks like he's either too busy or cant be bothered anymore.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
Good luck getting a response from Theymos. I'm in a similar boat and have been PM'ing him with two signed btc address associated with my original account for several months now; no response.

This is what happens when there's no email confirmation when changing critical account details and only the forum admin can do account recovery.
Activity: 212
Merit: 100
Daniel P. Barron
Code:
-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
My account has been hacked/lost. Please reset the email to . The current date is .
-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----

-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Here is the unedited post where I posted that address: ...
OR
I sent that address to someone in a PM with PM ID#...

PM that to theymos and he may be able to recover your account

Please to PGP.

While PGP is better, how many people go around posting their PGP key?

Whereas most people involved in trade have posted an address for payment somewhere which can be used to sign a message to prove ownership of the address and in most cases the account as well so long as it was posted prior to the alleged hack.

Why are you dummies even doing trades anything without first establishing GPG identities!? You want to know how many people already do this? Check out #bitcoin-assets. Not a huge number of people, but they are much higher quality.
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1015
Code:
My account has been hacked/lost. Please reset the email to . The current date is .

OR

Please to PGP.

While PGP is better, how many people go around posting their PGP key?

Whereas most people involved in trade have posted an address for payment somewhere which can be used to sign a message to prove ownership of the address and in most cases the account as well so long as it was posted prior to the alleged hack.
Activity: 212
Merit: 100
Daniel P. Barron
Code:

OR

Please to PGP.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077
Perhaps theymos has been busy and will get around to looking into it soon. I can vouch for IronMarvel that his account has been hacked as I've had communication with him through the new IronMarvel2 account and its definitely the same person.

It seems silly to me that only theymos that can look into hacked accounts and reset passwords, surely all he has to do is grant the same administrative permissions to some moderators and let them help out.

I know a few years ago when I ran a forum (not bitcoin related but in my industry) I had several moderators / administrators that could do this because it can be time consuming looking through each individual case.
Activity: 882
Merit: 1005
You probably won't ever get a reply. Best option is to make a new account, occasionally spam him though and if you're lucky you'll get his attention. Try BadBear too.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Its kinda rediculous its taken you this long to even get a response from Theymos...
Activity: 280
For anyone thinking of faking their own hacking or getting any ideas, if your account is hacked and used to scam you're responsible for paying the victims back.

Dont know why you write this in my thread, but luckily nobody was scamed with my account.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
For anyone thinking of faking their own hacking or getting any ideas, if your account is hacked and used to scam you're responsible for paying the victims back.
@theymos
I know you are busy, but maybe you can check my pm. Thanks!

bump

bump
Activity: 448
I'm a Web Developer: HTML, CSS, PHP, JS.
@theymos

bump

Message Badbear, you might have an easier chance of getting his attention that way.

badbear cant recover accounts I don't think.
Yes but he probably has a better connection with Theymos than most people.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
@theymos

bump

Message Badbear, you might have an easier chance of getting his attention that way.

badbear cant recover accounts I don't think.
@theymos

bump

@theymos

bump
@theymos

Make sure to get that negative trust the imposter sent away, I got hit by some of the red firey flames.

Of course, Iam going to delete that. But still no answer from theymos.  Embarrassed
@theymos

Make sure to get that negative trust the imposter sent away, I got hit by some of the red firey flames.
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520
No I dont escrow anymore.
@theymos

-snip- I have kind of a "leaky queue" for forum work -- if I don't get to a request in a couple of days, I usually drop it.)

You might have to send again
Pages:
Jump to: