Pages:
Author

Topic: restoring and spending bitcoin - page 3. (Read 750 times)

Activity: 422
Merit: 102
December 26, 2019, 08:31:20 AM
here's what i did. i backed up my ubuntu json rpc bitcoin core 0,18.0 wallet.dat and downloaded it using winscp to my windows 64 bit pc. i change the existing wallet.dat file of my bitcoin core windows 64 %appdata% folder in wallet with the one i downloaded from rpc. i then started bitcoin core 0.18.0 in my win10 64 pc using 'C:\Program Files\Bitcoin>bitcoin-qt.exe" -rescan,After the force rescan i input the passphrase and the system accepted it. and i also put gettxoutsetinfo and rescan it. my question is. After doing all these is there any possibilities that my balance won't show after rescan? rescan still in progress. what do you suggest if the btc balance still wont appear to my bitcoin core win10 x64 wallet. If so, please break everything down for me step by step so that i can do it properly. thank you
December 26, 2019, 04:18:16 AM
i will try every advice you all. i will post the result in the future if everything helps. it will take sometime. thanks to you all.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1273
December 26, 2019, 03:38:59 AM
Do i need to dumpwallet my latest keys in my rpc then import it all to latest updated electrum wallet?

If dumpwallet does the job by exporting your private keys to you in a file, then yes, you just need to

Use 'Import Bitcoin addresses or private keys' for prv keys | 'Standard wallet-> Use a master key' if you have the extended key to create the wallet.

And you are done. All you need to do is wait for Electrum to sync as it will not download the whole Blockchain data on your PC and rather uses their server to gather the information while you can still do the transactions, almost immediately every time you open your wallet.
December 26, 2019, 02:16:25 AM
Just let Bitcoin-qt sync (speed depending on your hardware and ISP)
and after that, you can send your fund using the "send" tab.
how to do it? do i have to download the files from the ubuntu linux  json rpc bitcoin core. and how to apply it to bitcoin core windows 64 wallet?
What he means is wait until your core completely sync and downloaded the whole bitcoin blockchain.

If you have your private keys besides the json rpc you can import it to updated electrum wallet (desktop or android) so you can spend your funds.
Do i need to dumpwallet my latest keys in my rpc then import it all to latest updated electrum wallet?
copper member
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305
Limited in number. Limitless in potential.
December 26, 2019, 01:44:21 AM
how to do it? do i have to download the files from the ubuntu linux  json rpc bitcoin core. and how to apply it to bitcoin core windows 64 wallet?
What he means is wait until your core completely sync and downloaded the whole bitcoin blockchain.

If you have your private keys besides the json rpc you can import it to updated electrum wallet (desktop or android) so you can spend your funds.
December 26, 2019, 01:25:49 AM

Alternatively, you can import those private keys / extended private master key (xprv...) to Electrum.
Use 'Import Bitcoin addresses or private keys' for prv keys | 'Standard wallet-> Use a master key' if you have the extended key to create the wallet.
to remind you that the files came from the json rpc, i installed bitcoin core 0.18.0 there, after everything ive done, by -getinfo command. the balance appeared there in rpc. my question is how and what should i do to send the said bitcoins balance to another btc address like i will spend my btc? help me please.
legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1571
December 26, 2019, 01:21:23 AM
there's a backup wallet option in the file menu of bitcoin qt. then you simply place the backup file in a directory of it's own on the other PC and when you run bitcoin qt for the first time there it'll ask you to set the location of the data dir so you point it to that directory. then wait for it to download and verify  the blockchain.
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 6080
Self-proclaimed Genius
December 26, 2019, 01:13:34 AM

Alternatively, you can import those private keys / extended private master key (xprv...) to Electrum.
December 26, 2019, 12:15:30 AM
how to restore my bitcoins and spending it? i imported everything like all keys needed to ubuntu linux json rpc bitcoin core 0.18.0.0.
after i did all of that, my bitcoins appeared after -getinfo command. how to spend my bitcoins like sending it to another bitcoin address? im using windows 10 pro 64bit.
Pages:
Jump to: