Pages:
Author

Topic: Restoring wallet doesn't restore coins - page 2. (Read 272 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1031
Only BTC
March 26, 2024, 09:12:12 AM
How can I find out what has happened and if I've lost the coins now?
If you have the seed phrase to your wallet and you were not hacked, then you cannot lose your funds, except you extended your seed phrase with a passphrase and you cannot remember it anymore. Double check if you are really using the correct seed phrase and try to remember if you added a passphrase to this wallet.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
March 26, 2024, 08:46:19 AM
If you use a passphrase, you will need the passphrase with the seed phrase. If your wallet has synchronized with the blockchain and nothing showing but zero balance, that means you still used not the right seed phrase or the passphrase is not correct.

Make sure your wallet synchronized with the blockchain.
Activity: 322
Merit: 274
Baba God Noni
March 26, 2024, 08:44:48 AM
If you import the seed phrase correctly, your coins should be there. Recheck your seed phrase to make sure that it is correct. You can also check other addresses in the wallet to see if your coins is there. I hope you didn't use a passphrase, because if you do, and you cannot get the correct passphrase, then you will have no access to your the old wallet that your imported the seed phrase.
brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 0
March 26, 2024, 08:40:27 AM
Hello all,

hoping you can help me. I've just installed Electrum again and at first it identified the wallet file in my computer and I was able to open it with the long password I had.
This opened without an error, but there was nothing in the wallet.

I then tried to see if the restore phrase was OK, and one of the things I was able to do was to verify that the wallet I opened had the same phrase. Regardless, I created a new wallet to restore with the passphrase, but not really surpringly, it also opened with no contents.

How can I find out what has happened and if I've lost the coins now?

Thank you for all your help!
Pages:
Jump to: