Pages:
Author

Topic: Retiring early with BTC - page 2. (Read 303 times)

Activity: 167
Merit: 99
December 19, 2023, 02:33:16 PM
Hello all,

One of the advantages I see with bitcoin is enabling you to get out of the rat race earlier and retire. Starting this thread to talk and share some of my speculations, forecasts and plans. All the numbers you will see below are made up.

I made some assumptions, and some cred data from other bitcointalk users. Linked all the sources below.

Assumptions

You want retire early in 2029 but your official retirement year is 2045. You already have some net income sources eg 20k$ annually and you have sufficient retirement savings from 2045 onwards. You have a Btc stash, either still accumulating towards a goal or have reached that goal already.

You are considering early retirement in a LCOL, MCOL, or HCOL area. You will sell a % of your BTC to cover the 4 yrs of income needed to sustain yourself. It will be the form of some interval sell that you will figure out yourself. The avg sell price will equate to the 200 wma forecast in JJG fu thread.

You are US based, and will pay 0% Capital Gains on your asset sales because your other income source is under the amount

You will not take this post as providing any kind of tax, accounting or legal advice and will DYOR into applicable tax and legal rules that apply to you personal circumstances.

LCOL - need 1.3 BTC
MCOL - need 4.2 BTC
HCOL - need 8.1 BTC

Will come back to this thread and update my speculations in future. Topic is self moderated.

Kind regards,
Greyhats
Pages:
Jump to: