Pages:
Author

Topic: Retrieve lost satoshis - page 2. (Read 3411 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078
I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.
November 10, 2015, 01:13:10 PM
If you are running bitcoin core you can import it there.  If you are importing many addresses you can import them with the following rpc call:
Code:
importprivkey [label] [rescan=true]
Adds a private key (as returned by dumpprivkey) to your wallet. This may take a while, as a rescan is done, looking for existing transactions. Optional [rescan] parameter added in 0.8.0. Note: There's no need to import public key, as in ECDSA (unlike RSA) this can be computed from private key

What you could do to speed this up is set rescan=false so that it doesn't rescan for every address.

I think you can then just restart bitcoin core to rescan all?

Or just write rescan=true on the last one.  findftp, did you get this working?
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1019
November 10, 2015, 05:34:06 AM
Is there any other (more efficient) way to check balance of the keys?
Yes, there are.
You can parse the whole blockchain and create a database of addresses with non-zero balances
The size of such database is not too big.
Activity: 362
Merit: 261
November 10, 2015, 04:39:15 AM
If you are running bitcoin core you can import it there.  If you are importing many addresses you can import them with the following rpc call:
Code:
importprivkey [label] [rescan=true]
Adds a private key (as returned by dumpprivkey) to your wallet. This may take a while, as a rescan is done, looking for existing transactions. Optional [rescan] parameter added in 0.8.0. Note: There's no need to import public key, as in ECDSA (unlike RSA) this can be computed from private key

What you could do to speed this up is set rescan=false so that it doesn't rescan for every address.

I think you can then just restart bitcoin core to rescan all?

staff
Activity: 3374
Merit: 6530
Just writing some code
November 09, 2015, 07:46:07 PM
You could write a script which just queries an api like blocktrail's to get the balance of all of the addresses.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1006
Delusional crypto obsessionist
November 09, 2015, 07:45:01 PM
So I was playing around a bit and lost some relative small amount of bitcoin
I used a certain method to create the public key, but I don't have it anymore.
Now I dug into python (which btw is new to me) and was able to produce a script which is able to give me a few thousand (perhaps few million) addresses of which one of them is the one I used.
In other words, I'm able to brute-force the private key because I know the pattern I used.

I exported first 200 addresses with my script and tried to import them into multibit classic.
This works, but is very slow.

Is there any other (more efficient) way to check balance of the keys?
Pages:
Jump to: