Pages:
Author

Topic: Retroshare bitcoin forum - key swap and discussion - page 2. (Read 6904 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Added again, had a problem first time. If the software doesn't load for you, try the portable version. Worked for me. If you want to add me back, my initials are B.A. on there
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
added some of you.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Still on there from time to time:
Code:
-----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (MingW32)
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=7NQd
-----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
--SSLID--c5ac5358e78987d7046fd97abf67e1cd;--LOCATION--Desk-Windows;
--LOCAL--192.168.1.82:50894;--EXT--0.0.0.0:0;
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003
This thing would also be more useful if it actually remembered all those people I used to have set up in it.

Somehow it seems to have no recollection of anyone today.

I am already on Sone, three times in fact, once as markm, once as Knotwork, and once as Digitalis.

However the web of trust forgot my identities, and the recover option does not let you assign your nickname, so I had to pretend to create nickname from scratch but over-rode the new random keys with my old keys for my identities. It still after many days will not let me introduce any of them, still saying it takes some time to download puzzles. Sone seems to remember at least parts of the conversations I was in though.

I noticed on starting RetroSHare today that it wanted to know my location, so I told is Desktop, I don't know if that is why it decided to forget everyone. Its not as if it created a new identifty for me as me at Desktop, or if it did it deleted my existing identity as me at unspecified place while it was at it, as it only has one identity for me, now known as being at Desktop, and knows of no other people whatsoever.

-MarkM-

I've never had any problems with Retroshare like that.  I'm just sorting out the WoT plugin on Freenet maybe you can help me get started with Sone after I've finished that.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
This thing would also be more useful if it actually remembered all those people I used to have set up in it.

Somehow it seems to have no recollection of anyone today.

I am already on Sone, three times in fact, once as markm, once as Knotwork, and once as Digitalis.

However the web of trust forgot my identities, and the recover option does not let you assign your nickname, so I had to pretend to create nickname from scratch but over-rode the new random keys with my old keys for my identities. It still after many days will not let me introduce any of them, still saying it takes some time to download puzzles. Sone seems to remember at least parts of the conversations I was in though.

I noticed on starting RetroSHare today that it wanted to know my location, so I told is Desktop, I don't know if that is why it decided to forget everyone. Its not as if it created a new identifty for me as me at Desktop, or if it did it deleted my existing identity as me at unspecified place while it was at it, as it only has one identity for me, now known as being at Desktop, and knows of no other people whatsoever.

EDIT: It also knows of no forums etc, evidently decided to forget which ones I was subscribed to and so on.

EDIT2: So I was forced to shazam my supertroubleshooter skills, hack the .retroshare directory and thereby resurrect myself. Wink

-MarkM-
legendary
One important thing I think this needs is a context or grouping system so you can group "friends" into separate groups who cannot see whether you have any "friends" outside the group they are in; or even with access controls so you can allow certain groups to see into certain other groups.

As it was last time I ran it, you were able to see who I had as connections, which prevented various other potential connections from being willing to connect to me until such time as we could set up some kind of cutout machine in-between us to insulate them from being seen by you...

They would like, for example, to be able to post to the forum without you being able to recognise "aha, I happen to know that that guy knows markm, is connected directly to him in fact, so I'll add that fact to my report to Big Brother..."

Of course instead of them not connecting to me maybe I ought not be connecting to you. But then there goes the network...

-MarkM-

You can go into darknet mode and sign the keys of the people you trust.  Maybe your idea would work better on Freenet with Sone.  Let me know if you want to try it.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
One important thing I think this needs is a context or grouping system so you can group "friends" into separate groups who cannot see whether you have any "friends" outside the group they are in; or even with access controls so you can allow certain groups to see into certain other groups.

As it was last time I ran it, you were able to see who I had as connections, which prevented various other potential connections from being willing to connect to me until such time as we could set up some kind of cutout machine in-between us to insulate them from being seen by you...

They would like, for example, to be able to post to the forum without you being able to recognise "aha, I happen to know that that guy knows markm, is connected directly to him in fact, so I'll add that fact to my report to Big Brother..."

Of course instead of them not connecting to me maybe I ought not be connecting to you. But then there goes the network...

-MarkM-
legendary
Check this thread for keys (don't forget they need to add yours as well as you adding there's) -

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/remo-67364

my key

Code:
-----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
Version: OpenPGP:SDK v0.9

xsBNBFI0x0YBCADO4dNsSgmIelKNTI/fEa9lml5m5T++hwx3ZtaABiptAvniakBl
eULhzH5RN13n4fEMeub0KwPmIQk4aS4DTHuGwYCxdNl2jVf8LI460OOlHPBPRXcZ
L6TPTWVQGm8VZb6bSy0EsLpIwMRIrXN0p9TwiA6CVQ3zWw6qzJOxwZpnCppTFmex
PSTa1h5J8R4pcoDWvdChtlm+ZQEgo3nK7bWguyGp7KO8CpaThCDiL4pb2lWflKdw
u5c864pRh4syrm862E/Cs8efxNOke1exdgcaLBnWQ/V++7aaFaRgQj87tgIBz+pA
g9bCiXIifv7VOc6HsaBsHvTHLSe9URMf8lsHABEBAAHNIUJtYW4gKEdlbmVyYXRl
ZCBieSBSZXRyb1NoYXJlKSA8PsLAXwQTAQIAEwUCUjTHRgkQfwxGOni4k1cCGQEA
ANkEB/wPJF6lnO5m3h+KodBORpdcFb/VFEqQ85IoqNKq+i+MiXQSNzshOdJQbDPy
F+NYvJJ7yRhnB2icJFBuTjN4aTGThtQki/KLDBpOaxJbGX0oU9dPD/hFx5DXNtkj
LDFVWLqvPPE+JHyjQiMqw/MFnHn+puHaOewvvFHboaEtUEH2znop8RmPZSlgfxpY
arMyVIYwe5Z9vxvFw3oj0y4D26OApt9HNQuwqrrdiGj0Xa1tD0VQf+HUQ5WvihTP
PQawQMREoH4f6dxwxDf/DLmvYfRYeeaWGS2uCI2qWY5ANY9insZYl6GKVgA8d01h
yFxH/9pV783m2mfNN7bUlAj4Sc1n
=lXTh
-----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
--SSLID--bc1fd9008f3343dc09d7e8eca3328cbb;--LOCATION--Desktop;
--LOCAL--192.168.1.85:28302;--EXT--95.211.148.154:28302;
legendary
New Retroshare bitcoin forum

RetroShare: secure communications with friends

RetroShare is a Open Source cross-platform, private and secure decentralised communication platform.
It lets you to securely chat and share files with your friends and family, using a web-of-trust to authenticate peers and OpenSSL to encrypt all communication.
RetroShare provides filesharing, chat, messages, forums and channels

Features

Serverless, encrypted Chat & Filetransfer
Multiple simultaneous downloads / uploads
Search Friends
UPnP / NAT-PMP port forwarding support
GnuPG Authentication
OpenSSL Encryption
Plugins support
Graphical User Interface written with Qt4 toolkit
System tray integration

What is RetroShare?

RetroShare is the next generation sharing network, which provides:

Reliable Identification and Authentication of your friends.
Plus an Introduction Scheme which connects you to the friends of your friends, and facilitates network growth.
Encrypted Communication, ensuring all shared information is known only to you and your peers.
A Communication Platform which can potentially support services such as Secure Email, File Sharing, Streaming, Video or Voice over IP, Photos, Wall and Messaging
A Decentralised Social Sharing Network designed **For the People** with no dependancies on any corporate system or central servers.

Why use RetroShare:

You want to chat and share files securely with your friends
Only your friends will be able to see and download files that you share.
RetroShare is serverless, which means - unlike other messengers, you don't* need to register, complete annoying registration forms and receive tons of ads. Sending a key to your friend by e-mail is enough to set up your own IM network. This also means no IM spam, because people you didn't invite absolutely cannot connect.
You can also use your favorite nick name either: no need to use cryptic names like "[email protected]" just because someone (whom you don't even know) snapped your favorite nick before you.
RetroShare is encrypted, meaning high privacy: nobody, including your
ISP, can see what files you're sharing.
You need secure instant messaging and files exchange for a small workgroup.
You need to chat securely and exchange files with other colleagues at work, but do not trust your data to a public chat network like Live or Google Chat ? Don't want a hassle of installing and maintaining your own chat server either ? Use RetroShare instead:
RetroShare is serverless , which means that no server, ever, gets to see your data. Any IM server, no matter how secure, poses a risk of data leak because of hacker's attack. Retroshare completely eliminates this security risk associated with the IM server, without any added costs.
RetroShare encrypts all connections, which means every bit of data is encrypted end-to-end. Unlike other products using self-made weak encryption, RetroShare uses a special version of industry standard Openssl library, trusted by banks and other organizations.
Absolutely no vendor lock-in: you own your RetroShare network. There is no 3rd party vendor whom you have to pay, or who may go out of business and force you to migrate to another product.
Pages:
Jump to: