Pages:
Author

Topic: Reused R values again - page 10. (Read 121128 times)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0
December 15, 2014, 03:35:05 PM
it doesnt matter now Sad Sad Sad
Activity: 164
Merit: 126
Amazing times are coming
December 15, 2014, 03:30:56 PM
people who have been the victim of blockchain.info's incredible incompetence.

Are you sure this is incredible incompetence? The transactions are no reusing the same R values but there are an (unknown) patterm instead. That cannot be incompetence nor accident, it has to be programmed as it is in bc.i by developers (very talented developers indeed).
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042
#Free market
December 15, 2014, 02:54:02 PM
...or send it to the same address, i've changed the pass

Definitely do not reuse that address.  Even if you have changed the password, the key is public so it is not safe, the password will not help.

Yes , he should change the address because the other private key is compromised forever. I think this kind of people must learn more about bitcoin before start own it.
legendary
Activity: 4018
Merit: 1299
December 15, 2014, 02:51:23 PM
...or send it to the same address, i've changed the pass

Definitely do not reuse that address.  Even if you have changed the password, the key is public so it is not safe, the password will not help.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
December 15, 2014, 02:32:42 PM
Quote from: johoe
Unfortunately my ssh session timed out and took my script with it  Angry
Have to run it again, it will probably find some more keys.

Try using screen:

screen -dmS sessionname to start a new session (disconnected)
screen -ls to list sessions
screen -r id to reconnect
ctrl+a d to disconnect
exit to ...exit!

If your connection craps out the screen will keep alive. You can even start a session on one PC then disconnect and reconnect to it from another.

You can even share a screen between multiple connections
Activity: 168
Merit: 103
December 15, 2014, 01:26:14 PM
or send it to the same address, i've changed the pass

Do NOT use the same address again, password does not secure it. Make completely new addresses!
X7
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1009
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone
December 15, 2014, 01:25:31 PM
this is turning into a cluster fuck
Activity: 106
Merit: 11
December 15, 2014, 12:10:11 PM
hi my 4.96337825 BTC was stolen from 1A2cs4h2K5wW5eK4eVTxbozuj8z5jBgDKV
sorry for my English, i'm from the Ukraine and it's a lot of money, i worked on it for 2 years
on 1st december it was stolen, how can i receive my bitcoin if it were you? thank you

https://blockchain.info/ru/address/1A2cs4h2K5wW5eK4eVTxbozuj8z5jBgDKV

https://blockchain.zendesk.com

Thanks!
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
December 15, 2014, 11:56:42 AM
hi my 4.96337825 BTC was stolen from 1A2cs4h2K5wW5eK4eVTxbozuj8z5jBgDKV
sorry for my English, i'm from the Ukraine and it's a lot of money, i worked on it for 2 years
on 1st december it was stolen, how can i receive my bitcoin if it were you? thank you

https://blockchain.info/ru/address/1A2cs4h2K5wW5eK4eVTxbozuj8z5jBgDKV
Activity: 147
Merit: 100
December 15, 2014, 11:47:54 AM

I responded to your open ticket, but I wanted to let you know that we're ready to refund you. Please confirm the information in the ticket so we can proceed. Thanks!

(Please do not PM me here - all support issues should be handled through blockchain.zendesk.com)

Mandrik,

Thanks a lot for your quick response!  Smiley
Activity: 106
Merit: 11
December 15, 2014, 11:12:54 AM

Trust me, I've been hassling blockchain a lot harder.

This is my life on the line  Cry

I responded to your open ticket, but I wanted to let you know that we're ready to refund you. Please confirm the information in the ticket so we can proceed. Thanks!

(Please do not PM me here - all support issues should be handled through blockchain.zendesk.com)
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1072
Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer
December 15, 2014, 10:36:20 AM
I understand your a legendary user, just go abit easy on me, going thru a really hard time right now.

The legendary stuff is not important - and I'm not trying to bully you - I just think it is wrong for you to be hassling the OP who has done nothing but try and help people who have been the victim of blockchain.info's incredible incompetence.

You need to calm down and sort your situation out with blockchain.info as they are the only ones that can refund you the BTC. As much as it might be hard right now being patient is going to help you more than not being patient is.
Activity: 168
Merit: 103
December 15, 2014, 10:32:29 AM

If you don't want to rely on others, run your own client at home. You should not store that huge amounts in a web service in the first place. And after Blockchain.info told you about the RNG bug (a WEEK ago), you should have transferred them to a new address.
December 15, 2014, 10:26:12 AM
Trust me, I'm hassling them a lot harder,

This is my life on the line.

It is irrelevant whether or not you think your life is on the line (for 50 BTC you should never have stored in an online wallet in the first place).

The OP does not work for blockchain.info nor have access to their DB - so what exactly do you think he can do for you now?

You have a point, but can you really fault me for atleast trying?

I understand your a legendary user, just go abit easy on me, going thru a really hard time right now.
legendary
December 15, 2014, 10:23:08 AM
Trust me, I'm hassling them a lot harder,

This is my life on the line.

It is irrelevant whether or not you think your life is on the line (for 50 BTC you should never have stored in an online wallet in the first place).

The OP does not work for blockchain.info nor have access to their DB - so what exactly do you think he can do for you now?
December 15, 2014, 10:18:44 AM
Johoe,

Blockchain still hasn't given back my 50 BTC Sad

Please, PLEASE bring their attention to ticket #32230

You are lucky that the funds were returned at all - now you expect that he should be working for you to get back your funds from blockchain.info (for nothing)?

Sheesh!

I suggest you don't hassle him and you instead hassle blockchain.info who are the obvious problem in all of this (as clearly they did not even bother testing their wallet changes which is why this fiasco has happened).

legendary
December 15, 2014, 10:15:23 AM
Johoe,

Blockchain still hasn't given back my 50 BTC Sad

You are lucky that the funds were returned at all - now you expect that he should be working for you to get back your funds from blockchain.info (for nothing)?

Sheesh!

I suggest you don't hassle him and you instead hassle blockchain.info who are the obvious problem in all of this (as clearly they did not even bother testing their wallet changes which is why this fiasco has happened).
December 15, 2014, 10:10:44 AM
Johoe,

Blockchain still hasn't given back my 50 BTC  Cry

Activity: 882
Merit: 595
December 15, 2014, 09:35:10 AM
If someone is interested to host a 50 MB file (100 MB uncompressed), I can publish it. I also have the corresponding private keys / k values, but I want to keep those secret for now.   The R value list may be useful to check if I found all compromised addresses.
50MB and not GB? That is not so much just upload it here https://www.sendspace.com/ The max you can upload there is 300MB so a 50MB file is good.

Or he can put the file on  www.ge.tt  , I think the max storage (if he register to the site) is 2 GB .

or he can try this solidfiles the max : 50 GB storage
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042
#Free market
December 15, 2014, 09:29:15 AM
If someone is interested to host a 50 MB file (100 MB uncompressed), I can publish it. I also have the corresponding private keys / k values, but I want to keep those secret for now.   The R value list may be useful to check if I found all compromised addresses.
50MB and not GB? That is not so much just upload it here https://www.sendspace.com/ The max you can upload there is 300MB so a 50MB file is good.

Or he can put the file on  www.ge.tt  , I think the max storage (if he register to the site) is 2 GB .
Pages:
Jump to: