Pages:
Author

Topic: Reuters journalist looking for input on Bitcoin - page 2. (Read 5350 times)

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
Naomi, if the admins haven't done it already upon reading this post, you can formally request to be whitelisted, thereby enabling you to fully interact with the rest of the forum, opposed to being limited as a Newbie.

~Bruno~
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1014
You might want to mention this story about how bitcoin saved someone from a "crippling injury" :

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/medical-consult-for-bitcoins-64287

Well, it's more like bitcoin help facilitate an exchange.
Activity: 300
Merit: 250
BitcoinStarter.com Support Account
You might want to mention this story about how bitcoin saved someone from a "crippling injury" :

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/medical-consult-for-bitcoins-64287
legendary
Zhoutong might be an interesting candidate for her to talk to. The sociopolitical implications of him opening up Bitcoins to the Chinese are staggering...and he's just a kid in Singapore. Although it may be wiser to hold up on the speculation side of things for a bit. Still, he is a pretty good success story, even if you disagree with the effects his service has on the market.

Interesting thought. I wish Chicago Cabbie was fully on board, for I know as a fact his story would make interesting copy.
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
Zhoutong might be an interesting candidate for her to talk to. The sociopolitical implications of him opening up Bitcoins to the Chinese are staggering...and he's just a kid in Singapore. Although it may be wiser to hold up on the speculation side of things for a bit. Still, he is a pretty good success story, even if you disagree with the effects his service has on the market.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
I am traveling and limited to iPhone fr another day. Will send a thorough reply when I get to a computer

Tony
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

First it was the joint, now you, mcorlett, stealing my thunder.  Grin I hereby confirm this confirmation.

I retract my thunder.
legendary
As promised, my PM reply to Naomi O'Leary with Reuters:

Hi Bruno,

Don't worry, I'm happy to follow you! It's the same Naomi, I replied to you on Twitter about an hour ago.

Do you have any tips for me on who would be good to talk to on this piece?

Thanks,

Naomi

Naomi

It's kind of you to consider writing an article that'll introduce Bitcoin to your fine readers of Reuters, a publication I truly enjoy reading, albeit only the easy-to-load online version.

To take into consideration your valuable time, a dedicated thread started by mcorlett, found here, could act as your one-stop-source for your copy. As the thread becomes populated, I'm sure you'll even be able to glean nuggets from it.

As far as your request from me is concerned, I offer up two names: Tony Gallippi and Roger Ver, of Bit-pay Merchant Solutions and MemoryDealers, respectively.

Granted, it may not be Bitcoin related or accepting type business entities you seek but, if you drop them a quick line, I'm sure they'll provide you adequate fodder. At the very least, compare the list of names they provide with those of users who have gracefully sent you their stories, and I'm sure you'll be golden.

Sincerely,

Bruno

legendary

First it was the joint, now you, mcorlett, stealing my thunder.  Grin I hereby confirm this confirmation.

Hi Bruno,

Don't worry, I'm happy to follow you! It's the same Naomi, I replied to you on Twitter about an hour ago.

Do you have any tips for me on who would be good to talk to on this piece?

Thanks,

Naomi

I'll reply in kind, then post what I've penned on this thread.

If memory serves me, I believe that at least two threads exists consisting of how users first discovered Bitcoin. Would somebody be so kind as to hunt, then link them here while I pen my reply? I'm sure some gems could be gleaned from within.

Thanks in advance,

~Bruno~
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056
Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com
I sent her my story. I hope it helps. Smiley
donator
Activity: 308
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127
Off topic split here
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/re-reuters-journalist-looking-for-input-on-bitcoin-65876

Let's keep it on track folks, don't want her to have to read 2 pages to find one real/relevant post  Wink
legendary
Naomi O’Leary, a British journalist writing for Reuters, is doing a piece on Bitcoin, and is looking for some input from us, the community, on how we use bitcoins, and how we initially discovered them.

Let's all take a couple of minutes out of our day to chip in with a response, and make sure we get an accurate portrayal of Bitcoin and our wonderful community this time. "Hacker currency" no more!

PM Naomi.

We will soon see if this is the same Naomi that works at Reuters, for I PM'ed her letting her know that I Tweeted her and requested a DM from her via Twitter, thus proving that she's the same Naomi. The last thing we would want is to have a rogue reporter, or somebody claiming to be such, amassing information from users, then possibly a user getting to comfortable with that individual and start offering up a mess of personal and unrelated information to their advantage. I offer no apologies for being skeptical, and for what, and how, I've approached this is not detrimental by any stretch of the imagination.

~Bruno~ (not Jacqueline Theresa Bruno)
donator
Activity: 308
Naomi O’Leary, an Irish British (sorry!) journalist writing for Reuters, is doing a piece on Bitcoin, and is looking for some input from us, the community, on how we use bitcoins, and how we initially discovered them.

Let's all take a couple of minutes out of our day to chip in with a response, and make sure we get an accurate portrayal of Bitcoin and our wonderful community this time. "Hacker currency" no more!

PM Naomi.
Pages:
Jump to: