Pages:
Author

Topic: Reverse auction: Buying lookback call option on BTC with floating strike, 1mth - page 2. (Read 2568 times)

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
Why not the lowest daily weighted average for the period? Should be approx the same as the lowest value, after odd spikes are averaged out. And when you say non-binding does that mean either of the parties can just decide to not go through with the deal at maturation?
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
How will you manage your counter-party risk? It has real potential to blow up in the face of whoever bids on this.

I'll look at WoT ratings and make a decision based on price/rating.
Remember, this is NONBINDING so please bid a serious amount Smiley

It's hard to know what a serious amount is. The potential risk is high and hard to price or hedge. If the price spikes down to 50 cents for a millisecond and then back to $5, I'd be losing $9000 on the option, so the premium needs to compensate me for the risk.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
bitcoin hundred-aire
How will you manage your counter-party risk? It has real potential to blow up in the face of whoever bids on this.

I'll look at WoT ratings and make a decision based on price/rating.
Remember, this is NONBINDING so please bid a serious amount Smiley

$9000.
bitcoin hundred-aire
How is the lowest price determined? How will you be paying?

Lowest price is determined by the lowest of the mtgox daily lows; you will be paid with mtgoxUSD since it's instant, easy and non-reversible.
How is the lowest price determined? How will you be paying?
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431
bitcoin hundred-aire
This auction ends on 1/5/2012 11:59 PM EST.
bitcoin hundred-aire
This auction is nonbinding.
I am buying the right to buy $1000 worth of BTC at the optimal price from 1/5/2012 to 2/5/2012 (meaning that I will buy at the lowest price in that time period).  This option will mature on 2/5/2012, and is only exercisable on that day.
This auction is a reverse auction; there is no starting bid or minimum increment.  You can bid whatever you want since it's nonbinding.  I'm simply looking for a price estimate, and will consider any good offer.
Pages:
Jump to: