Pages:
Author

Topic: Review T-REX - PhoenixMiner - NBMiner - LolMiner - TRM - Gminer - TBM - page 2. (Read 617 times)

Activity: 26
Merit: 2
I did not understand how these experts conducted their tests. All tests must be carried out synchronously and on the same video cards.
Of course, you need to count the received shares, but in practice the difference is not big.
The problem can also be in the case of excessive overclocking and the mining farm is unstable.

All important points but as you say the difference is not big, and it's not big enough to be significant.
But it's being used to claim dishonesty in hash reporting when there are many other factors that could cause
bigger differences.

The history is a feud between 2 closed source miners and claims of which was the fastest. One of the miner's
devs decided to prove it with a challenge and a test tool. The feud seemed to have died down but this may be
an attempt to revive it.
It is very important for a miner to achieve stable work from a mining farm.
For example, I use T-Rex, I learned how to fine tune this miner for my AMD video cards.
No article will convince me to change the miner, because even if I lose 1-3% of the shares, this will not greatly affect my profit.
Miners do not pay attention to such articles, because they understand that identical video cards can have different hash rates and different overclocking options.

"For example, I use T-Rex, I learned how to fine tune this miner for my AMD video cards." Are you payed from T-Rex?? 1st time I read T-Rex in AMD ...
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1026
I did not understand how these experts conducted their tests. All tests must be carried out synchronously and on the same video cards.
Of course, you need to count the received shares, but in practice the difference is not big.
The problem can also be in the case of excessive overclocking and the mining farm is unstable.

All important points but as you say the difference is not big, and it's not big enough to be significant.
But it's being used to claim dishonesty in hash reporting when there are many other factors that could cause
bigger differences.

The history is a feud between 2 closed source miners and claims of which was the fastest. One of the miner's
devs decided to prove it with a challenge and a test tool. The feud seemed to have died down but this may be
an attempt to revive it.
It is very important for a miner to achieve stable work from a mining farm.
For example, I use T-Rex, I learned how to fine tune this miner for my AMD video cards.
No article will convince me to change the miner, because even if I lose 1-3% of the shares, this will not greatly affect my profit.
Miners do not pay attention to such articles, because they understand that identical video cards can have different hash rates and different overclocking options.
It is updated to last miners release in ETH:

https://i.ibb.co/vxmYwPN/ethminers.jpg
Activity: 476
Merit: 19
shark you don't read the table correctly. Phoenix and other are simply inflating the number they reported,not the other way around.
this report is accurate enough for me and it concur with the evidence on trying different miners on dual mining ZIL.(where each share count as its one minute)

I don't agree with Jaydee , (Btw, tx for your cpuminer) we aren't in the same situation were there was Claymore and Phoenix. It seem quite the opposite if you look at Hiveos Gpuminer % of users

Activity: 2870
Merit: 605
so among all the mining software only lolminer and trm keep the real hashrate of the gpu? all the others turn them down? actually i believe we could never be sure of the real hashrate is impossible to verify
Activity: 206
Merit: 20
Don't you think hashrate on pool depends upon luck, for example, if you get lots of consecutive valid shares, your pool hashrate will be higher. So I don't think reported hashrate to pool has anything to do with actual hashrate.
Activity: 1397
Merit: 221
So you mean that the TRM Analysis 1.0.0 is not good to determination that?

I'm saying comparing the reference hashrate reported by different miners is an invalid test because
each miner calculates differently. Objective measures are required to compare mining performance,
like effective hash rate calculated from shares submitted, and power consumption measured externally.
Anything the miner says is subjective.

bigger differences.

an attempt to revive it.

[moderator's note: consecutive posts merged]
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1026
Activity: 639
Merit: 19

In conclusion we shouldn't believe miners Mhs like PhoenixMiner, GMiner, NBMiner or T-Rex, the only loyal miners are at the moment lolMiner and TRM

Lies, damned lies, & statistics. Statistics are considered the worst kind of lies because they are misued.
Every miner calculates hash rates differently so they can't be directly compared. The dishonesty is in
using statistics out of context to mislead.

The conclusin is comparing reported hash rates is a waste of time.

So you mean that the TRM Analysis 1.0.0 is not good to determination that? What is your proposal?

I think you have developer a miner too. It is good to read new proposals.
Activity: 1397
Merit: 221

In conclusion we shouldn't believe miners Mhs like PhoenixMiner, GMiner, NBMiner or T-Rex, the only loyal miners are at the moment lolMiner and TRM

Lies, damned lies, & statistics. Statistics are considered the worst kind of lies because they are misued.
Every miner calculates hash rates differently so they can't be directly compared. The dishonesty is in
using statistics out of context to mislead.

The conclusin is comparing reported hash rates is a waste of time.
Activity: 325
Merit: 42
A very good review with 1 Million of shares to avoid luck has been done in hashrate.no/tests
Numbers say very clear than only lolMiner and TRM are honest  and they are both the best miners.

Your falling for tha same trap.

The only hashrates that count are the ones reported by the pools and NOT the miner self.
All miner tests are based on a runtime of minimum 1 million shares using TRM Ethash Miner Tester v1.0.0! If deviation are negative, the miner are over-reporting - If the deviation are positive, the miner are under-reporting the hashrate. The miner fee are accounted for. Estimates are with 99% certainty

That is a reallyreview with 1 Million of shares to avoid luck in hashrate.no/tests

https://i.ibb.co/F6LPkqJ/Screenshot-20211119-232724-Chrome.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/HzhMwFV/Screenshot-20211119-232744-Chrome.jpg

The review compare Reported hashrate (what miners said) vs True Hashrate (what we get payed)

Numbers say very clear than only lolMiner and TRM are honest  and they are both the best miners.
Pages:
Jump to: