Pages:
Author

Topic: RIAA is now going after Bitcoin - page 2. (Read 2786 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
November 05, 2013, 06:42:12 AM
The RIAA has been failing since 2000 to stop piracy so... let them go after bit coin.. that really worked out for them going after the torrent protocol right.

idiots
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013
November 05, 2013, 06:37:59 AM
Any chance the LEs go after people who have donated to such sites? As we know, BTC TXes aren't anonymous by default. Is there any service that would act as a bitcoin transaction proxy that would mix the coins before sending them to the final destination?
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes
November 05, 2013, 06:31:24 AM
The reasoning is troubled.

The RIAA representative is stated to have said that, basically, anyone helping organisations that infringe copy right laws, should be attacked as well. Apparently, this representative thinks that Bitcoin is a 'person' helping sites like Pirate Bay survive with donations.

Quote:
"RIAA executive vice president Neil Turkewitz released a statement last week detailing web businesses that are either directly infringing copyright or "profit from facilitating such theft." Bitcoin, the trade group contends, falls into the latter category".

According to this reasoning, the FED should be attacked and shut down as well because US Dollars aid to persons infringing IP rights.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013
November 05, 2013, 06:30:46 AM
Awesome thing about bitcoin is that thanks to it, people will be able to pay artists directly and no Mafia organisations like RIAA that only leech money from artists will be needed at all.

That's exactly how it is. Artists should now seed their work by themselves and add bitcoin receiving address to the description. I almost always donate the seeder and/or torrent search engine with some beer money and I love it. If only all the authors had a bitcoin receiving address for donations.
Activity: 546
Merit: 501
November 05, 2013, 05:51:23 AM
Awesome thing about bitcoin is that thanks to it, people will be able to pay artists directly and no Mafia organisations like RIAA that only leech money from artists will be needed at all.
Activity: 204
Merit: 100
November 05, 2013, 02:49:08 AM
Good on them. P2P wouldn't be as entrenched in everyone's minds as it is today without them, so I can only hope their "war" against cryptocurrencies will bring them to the masses in the same way.
Activity: 204
Merit: 100
November 05, 2013, 02:42:34 AM
hmmm, i'm not a big fan of riaa becoming enemies, they have powerful friends, but that's down the road, after this rally  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1153
Merit: 1000
November 05, 2013, 02:36:46 AM
Apparently RIAA thinks bitcoin should be shut down.

http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/next-on-the-recording-industry-hit-list-bitcoin

This should be good for another move up tomorrow as people learn they can use bitcoin to piss off RIAA. I didn't know torrent sites took btc donations, but just might buy a few coins now to donate to them if it makes RIAA unhappy.
Pages:
Jump to: