Pages:
Author

Topic: Rig keeps shutting off - page 2. (Read 374 times)

Activity: 76
Merit: 1
March 31, 2018, 09:01:18 AM
if rigs totaly shut down with no error its almost definetely PSU
i had similar problem even with reseter tool ... fan on 1 psu just stopped and it makes overheating of psu and his power-off overheating protection makes its job

and AMD and nVidia cards is realy great description :-D
you can have 2 vegas and 7 80ti and those psu you have are worthless Wink
so please, more specific list of gpus Smiley

Im with this guy. we need to know if you on the type of gpus you have. and also are using 110v or 220/240v outlets also. PSUs will say its for a certian wattage amount, but it has to be on the right voltage to give that much juice also.
Activity: 201
Merit: 10
March 31, 2018, 07:05:22 AM
Try removing the GPU you just added and let it run for a while to check if that solves the shutdown problem. If the problem persists then its most likely your drivers. Try doing a resinstall using DDU. I always install AMD drivers first before
NVIDIA. Good luck mate.

I think same as it, maybe your last gpu to add have a problem ( not support driver ). Try to remove the last gpu and check or you can try only run rig with 1 gpu ( new gpu ).
Activity: 280
Merit: 102
March 31, 2018, 05:43:47 AM
Try removing the GPU you just added and let it run for a while to check if that solves the shutdown problem. If the problem persists then its most likely your drivers. Try doing a resinstall using DDU. I always install AMD drivers first before NVIDIA. Good luck mate.
Activity: 144
Merit: 10
March 31, 2018, 04:34:34 AM
if rigs totaly shut down with no error its almost definetely PSU
i had similar problem even with reseter tool ... fan on 1 psu just stopped and it makes overheating of psu and his power-off overheating protection makes its job

and AMD and nVidia cards is realy great description :-D
you can have 2 vegas and 7 80ti and those psu you have are worthless Wink
so please, more specific list of gpus Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 6080
Self-proclaimed Genius
March 31, 2018, 04:20:01 AM
Tried sorting out the problem through deduction?

If you can afford to halt your operation, remove all the cards, one PSU and their risers.
Plug the newly added card to the best "working" riser and mine using only that card.
If the rig shuts down again, it's a bad card, if not, it's something else.

Better if you have a spare MoBo w/ components and a PSU for testing.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 297
Grow with community
March 31, 2018, 04:03:30 AM
I added a new card for a
 total of 9. 2 AMD and the rest Nidvia. Everything was fine before. Max power is 70%, GPU clock 0 and memory +300. Two PSUs ♧. One 1200w and one 1000w. 8 GB of RAM.

Are you using windows 10? Have you checked if it got updated lately?  I have a feeling it messed up with your drivers
Activity: 322
Merit: 0
March 31, 2018, 01:10:55 AM
I added a new card for a
 total of 9. 2 AMD and the rest Nidvia. Everything was fine before. Max power is 70%, GPU clock 0 and memory +300. Two PSUs ♧. One 1200w and one 1000w. 8 GB of RAM.
Pages:
Jump to: