Pages:
Author

Topic: RIP Stephen Hawking - page 2. (Read 202 times)

copper member
Activity: 98
Merit: 12
BTRIC: Innovate. Institute. Labs.
March 14, 2018, 03:24:37 PM
Rip. Still surprised that he survived that much with that disease

Rest in peace, Stephen.  Despite his disability, which would lead many to despair, he did not fall prey to that and instead provided some very profound insights as to the nature of reality.

I read a story once about his amazing survival with ALS.  I believe he lived with (diagnosed) ALS longer than any other known person, being diagnosed at the age of 22.

Best regards,
Ben
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756
Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!
March 14, 2018, 01:19:59 PM
It's a sad day indeed.
I followed this genius man along with Michiu Kaku since I was a kid. I always loved his vision of the world and all the theories he endorsed.
What made him special was the fact that even though he a had a severe physical disability he never ceased to do what he loved. This was and still is a great example to me and one that will share with my kids.

Unfortunately I still didn't have time to see the movie about him, once I get some time, I'll get the kids to watch it with me to realize that everyone can be what they want to be.

RIP Stephen Hawking.
A GREAT mind and person was lost today. The greatest Scientist of our era.

You're right he was much more than just a great mind, he really was a great man!  A real humble genius that showed everyone that you can overcome major adversities.

To me he will always be the coolest fucking nerd EVER!
Activity: 209
Merit: 0
March 14, 2018, 01:06:51 PM
He Lost one of the biggest Mind in the world...
Activity: 41
Merit: 1
March 14, 2018, 12:45:55 PM
It's a sad day indeed.
I followed this genius man along with Michiu Kaku since I was a kid. I always loved his vision of the world and all the theories he endorsed.
What made him special was the fact that even though he a had a severe physical disability he never ceased to do what he loved. This was and still is a great example to me and one that will share with my kids.

Unfortunately I still didn't have time to see the movie about him, once I get some time, I'll get the kids to watch it with me to realize that everyone can be what they want to be.

RIP Stephen Hawking.
A GREAT mind and person was lost today. The greatest Scientist of our era.
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
March 14, 2018, 11:42:02 AM
So sad. Had hoped to meet him in Heaven.    Sad
Activity: 140
March 14, 2018, 11:18:15 AM
condolences ... an unfortunate loss to the world.
Activity: 140
Merit: 11
March 14, 2018, 11:17:14 AM
Rip. Still surprised that he survived that much with that disease
Activity: 252
March 14, 2018, 11:14:23 AM
Rest in peace, can't even believe in this Cry
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
March 14, 2018, 11:11:55 AM
A great mind passed away today.  RIP Stephen Hawking, thanks for everything!

Stephen Hawking, one of the most influential physicists of the twentieth century and perhaps the most celebrated icon of contemporary science, has died at the age of 76.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/science-mourns-stephen-hawkings-death/

He was my best friend.  Sad

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756
Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!
March 14, 2018, 11:09:26 AM
A great mind passed away today.  RIP Stephen Hawking, thanks for everything!

Stephen Hawking, one of the most influential physicists of the twentieth century and perhaps the most celebrated icon of contemporary science, has died at the age of 76.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/science-mourns-stephen-hawkings-death/
Pages:
Jump to: