Pages:
Author

Topic: Ripple++ - page 2. (Read 2453 times)

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
May 12, 2013, 12:47:13 PM
I think it's better to decrease mining reward instead of increasing difficulty, so users don't need to use pools.

All that does is cause more and  more and more orphans, as Liquidcoin and all these recent launches already demonstrated.

-MarkM-
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
May 12, 2013, 11:50:32 AM
I think it's better to decrease mining reward instead of increasing difficulty, so users don't need to use pools.
legendary
May 12, 2013, 08:59:07 AM
Can you explain how you plan to reimplement something you don't understand?

I got 99% of the idea. This should be enough.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
May 12, 2013, 08:39:47 AM
I read the technical details, but my IQ isn't high enough

The experiment is quite simple, I'll try to replicate base functionality of Ripple

Can you explain how you plan to reimplement something you don't understand?

BTC - 1M8vq7g36WLwM8HZcmeWxJtaspiKWRaY2p
LTC - LMktYn1mLLS9WWzt2ScyWMD7Pw9fc4nJsP

Wink
legendary
May 12, 2013, 08:25:28 AM
Some details:

1. A Ripple++ node will run on Google App Engine, it's free.
2. Mining will be based on SHA-3 proof-of-work.
3. Supply of coins will be unlimited but difficulty to mine a coin reward will be inversely proportional to the total supply.
4. Transactions will be almost instant.
5. Each transaction will require a fee of 1 XXX which will be destroyed.
6. It won't be necessary to run ur own node to be able to use Ripple++, u could use any, feel free to use my node (I'll post its URL later).
legendary
May 12, 2013, 06:52:55 AM
I have seen a lot of threads which state that Ripple is a scam. I tried to examine this by myself, I read the technical details, but my IQ isn't high enough to come to the final conclusion. I have to admit that the theory behind Ripple is too sophisticated for me (or flawed), so I decided to conduct an experiment.

The experiment is quite simple, I'll try to replicate base functionality of Ripple. If I get something similar then I'll consider that I got the essence of the idea.

I don't want to care about distribution of premined XRP, so I'll publish mining software.

I'm posting here to know if someone supports this experiment. I expect that u mine some coins, use them for fake trades and post ur feedback.

PS: Don't post here if u support the experiment, talking is cheap and phrases like "do it" can be just sarcasm. Better send some coins (1 satoshi is enough), so I can see how many people support my approach.

BTC - 1M8vq7g36WLwM8HZcmeWxJtaspiKWRaY2p
LTC - LMktYn1mLLS9WWzt2ScyWMD7Pw9fc4nJsP
Pages:
Jump to: