Pages:
Author

Topic: Ripple releases 333 million more Tokens - page 9. (Read 16876 times)

legendary
Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010
April 07, 2017, 08:05:13 AM
Do you think Ripple will be a good payment method in next 2 years and it will reach at 1 usd/XRP . In my opinion it can be real and I have bought some XRP coins as saving money in future. Now it's only 0.02+usd and quite cheap for future investment.

Please see the following:

I don't know much about Ripple but should I buy it as an investment? It's still really cheap but has tripled in price in just a few days.

If you think it's cheap because of decimal places, you're doing it wrong.

Yes. A cheap cryptocoin is not determined by how much it is now but by how much really its future potential value will be. So cheap would really depend on various elements of that coin. If you buy something because of the low price and then it goes lower 10 years later, then the price of it was really high and that it was overvalued by the market.

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
April 07, 2017, 05:26:22 AM
Do you think Ripple will be a good payment method in next 2 years and it will reach at 1 usd/XRP . In my opinion it can be real and I have bought some XRP coins as saving money in future. Now it's only 0.02+usd and quite cheap for future investment.
Activity: 336
Merit: 265
April 04, 2017, 04:12:14 AM

More followup:

Well to be fair it seems this is more a criticism of banking in general, not Ripple. I'm not aware of Ripple claiming they'd reform banking practices. From my understanding they're simply designing a system that can allow banks to operate more efficiently.

How is not paying an interest on deposits and not having any central bank or self-reported regulation on reserves represent what banking ever was or is?

If banks will only use Ripple as a clearing mechanism between themselves then what great value does Ripple have?

Frankly I don't understand what the widespread use case is?

Banks have the problem of trusting solvency. I don't see how trusted gateways resolve anything. All Ripple does is record that a promise was made. It doesn't do anything to insure those promises are valid or even fungible. Banks can't trust the USD.banknamehere tokens of each of 100 other banks. That is why they use a central bank backed currency.

I don't see how Ripple improves on the current situation at all.

Ripple reminds me of dot.com bubble with all the build it and they will come nonsense.

Ripple has a coordination problem which even the Fed can't solve. This is why Bitcoin rules and Ripple is dogshit.

Well, that was my point earlier. I don't see banks becoming non-existent "soon". Are you talking 5, 10 or 20 years when you say that?

I expect that in 5 - 10 years from now the world financial and monetary system will be quite different.
Activity: 503
Merit: 286
April 03, 2017, 11:32:02 PM
ripple is centralized it's bad, i would not invest there ever, i hear that it's only used to pay their employees, it has no real use, not even for speculation, all i see there on coinmarketcap is the dumping for this coin, just forget it focus on better altcoin

Ripple is like that weird kid in the corner that no one ever talks to, and no one can ever figure out. He really doesn't belong in the class with the rest of the kids but there's no where else to send him where he'd fit in any better, so they just leave him there with the rest of us cryptos.  Wink

\Anyway, since the value of Ripple is appreciating despite of all the negative reviews and not-so-nice reception on this forum, there must be really something in Ripple that is worth looking into...

Now that the value of Ripple is plummeting and the reviews are all still negative, does it mean there is nothing worth looking into in Ripple?
Activity: 910
Merit: 525
April 03, 2017, 09:30:00 PM
I guess the greedy people behind this coin think they can make more money with the release and selling more coins. It's hard to believe that this coin having good volume. That's I've never choose a decentralized coin.
Activity: 490
Merit: 501
April 03, 2017, 09:24:41 PM
ripple is centralized it's bad, i would not invest there ever, i hear that it's only used to pay their employees, it has no real use, not even for speculation, all i see there on coinmarketcap is the dumping for this coin, just forget it focus on better altcoin

Ripple is like that weird kid in the corner that no one ever talks to, and no one can ever figure out. He really doesn't belong in the class with the rest of the kids but there's no where else to send him where he'd fit in any better, so they just leave him there with the rest of us cryptos.  Wink

I find your comment a little bit amusing lol. Yeah, I think Ripple should be viewed this way with a little bit of caution and a little bit of some trust. Anyway, since the value of Ripple is appreciating despite of all the negative reviews and not-so-nice reception on this forum, there must be really something in Ripple that is worth looking into...well aside from the fact that I like its name hehehe...if I got some funds I might be "investing" in some Ripple and see if I can be able to make some profits in there. Long live Ripple!
Activity: 336
Merit: 265
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1458
April 03, 2017, 08:58:37 PM
I don't know much about Ripple but should I buy it as an investment? It's still really cheap but has tripled in price in just a few days.

Yes. A cheap cryptocoin is not determined by how much it is now but by how much really its future potential value will be. So cheap would really depend on various elements of that coin. If you buy something because of the low price and then it goes lower 10 years later, then the price of it was really high and that it was overvalued by the market.

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022
April 03, 2017, 09:00:04 AM
This latest enhancement may be related to the inclusion of new features that improve the network, such as: Ripple Consensus Ledger (RCL) and Protocol Interledger (ILP) that make transactions faster at the same level as Visa.
Not only the RIPPLE, other altcoins including the litecoin that obtained a high appreciation in recent days, has attracted attention from the entire market. While investors are torn as to what is driving traders' interest apart from a "race for potential gains", volatility is already one of the main reasons traders notice.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
April 03, 2017, 12:00:36 AM
Why do people like a coin that can just randomly put 333 million coins into circulation, raising the market cap substantially?
Crazy

Ripple is a scam, Eth is a scam, altcoin community is just want to look for it identity or perhaps this is altcoins is all about, no identity. Just a scam hype from coin to coin. I guessed no one can really know or predicting cryptocurrency.
legendary
Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010
April 02, 2017, 11:12:39 PM

Activity: 994
Merit: 510
April 02, 2017, 10:09:42 PM
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1458
April 02, 2017, 09:31:23 PM
@God27. What is it with Ripple that you are so loyal to it? I do not mean that in a negative way, I am actually impressed that you have stuck to it in spite of all the criticism and the long periods of the falling price of XRP. Also we know the banks are taking a look at it but there was nothing so far except for a few press releases. Maybe you know something. Wink
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
The 4th industrial revolution!
April 02, 2017, 09:23:09 PM
Why do people like a coin that can just randomly put 333 million coins into circulation, raising the market cap substantially?
Crazy

where are you getting this information from? any links?

You can compare numbers usually on a weekly basis on ripple's xrp portal. The amount of xrp held by others went up that much since the last update.
https://ripple.com/xrp-portal/

I'm currently 100% invested in xrp. I know that's hilarious now, but just wait and see how funny it will be when it goes back to $0.002!

Because the price of xrp will never increase right? Right? Right?

I diversified a lil into GNT since this comment on this thread at the beginning of the year but still hold most in XRP.
I can't lie, it feels pretty good.

This story has hardly even started...
Activity: 588
Merit: 501
April 02, 2017, 09:04:47 PM
No matter how much they release, ripple can still pump, which is awesome project, no.3 in crypto land.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
April 02, 2017, 08:49:40 PM
Try 37,514,472,563 XRP. They released even more since this thread was made. http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ripple/
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
April 02, 2017, 08:40:46 PM
Why stellar only 1b coins and ripple 33b?
Activity: 774
Merit: 503
April 02, 2017, 08:32:36 PM
ripple is centralized
In what way is it centralized?

It is fully controlled by a particular company called Ripple Labs Inc.
Activity: 629
Merit: 258
April 02, 2017, 07:25:38 PM
ripple is centralized
In what way is it centralized?
Activity: 119
Merit: 100
April 02, 2017, 07:01:56 PM
Can't wait till they announce Crypto Conditions / programmatic distribution, I'm tired of thread titles like this one.
Pages:
Jump to: