Pages:
Author

Topic: Ripple Scam: Centralized, Centrally Issued, Bribes exchanges, Closed Source, Tax - page 3. (Read 10995 times)

vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
good thing i sold
Great thing you sold them, because Ripple Devs just fairly "giveaway" 50 billion ripples to themselves to buy a mansion and devaluing / inflating XRP. Oh, and develop "open source" software.

agreed... its a HUGE scam
Just like NovaScam..
Activity: 507
Merit: 500
good thing i sold
Great thing you sold them, because Ripple Devs just fairly "giveaway" 50 billion ripples to themselves to buy a mansion and devaluing / inflating XRP. Oh, and develop "open source" software.

agreed... its a HUGE scam
vip
👻
good thing i sold
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Coinlancer.io ICO | Oct 14th
vip
👻
By requiring ripple accounts to have at least 200 XRP for it to be functioning, OpenCoin Inc (who I feel is hardly open) is creating an artificial demand for the premined XRP (Ripples). This is akin to tax required in the nation's fiat currency to artificially create use cases for that currency.

Actual quote from Ripple employee:

we want to keep the servers under [..] more central control

Ripple is a trust based currency, and it will collapse. Your 5 "BTC" and 444 "USD" will vanish into thin air, and all you have left over will be the premined XRPs.
vip
👻
"Ripple: Open Source Scam Payments".

0. "Trust" (confidence, fiat style) instead of decentralized & provable. Saw that you have 1 BTC on Ripple? You don't. You are TRUSTING that someone has 1 BTC 'for you'. Compare this to a true cryptocurrency - you have 1 bitcoin, you can sign the private keys to spend it. Not someone else who is bribed by Ripple (see #4).

1. Not open source. You can't get the server source code, make changes to it or create your own fork.

2. 100% of the XRPs (which can be traded with btc, usd, etc) are premined, and goes to the founders and OpenCoin Inc.

3. Centralized as only OpenCoin Inc developers can contribute to the code and make whatever changes to the network as they desire.

4. Bribes exchanges with XRPs (NovaScam style), exclusive benefits, so they accept Ripple and otherwise won't have.

5. Distributes small coins to people to encourage usage of them. They plan to only distribute half of it, and keep half it it themselves to dump & bribe people (see #4)

The idea behind Ripple is certainly interesting and novel, but with the current business decisions Ripple is a centralized, centrally issued and non open source scam currency.

This is not a scam in the strictest sense of the word, but rather deceptive business practices that are attempted to be kept secret.
Pages:
Jump to: