Pages:
Author

Topic: RIPPLE VS Ethereum - page 5. (Read 397 times)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
December 30, 2017, 11:07:18 PM
I had recently dumped my ethereum for ripple.The reason was simple, ripple was growing like a lion! Ethereum is good too...but idk if it can compete with XPR.
Activity: 686
Merit: 251
December 30, 2017, 11:06:06 PM
ethereum now ranks third on coinmarketcap after lagging behind the ripple, but it seems ethereum will catch up on this, ripple prices are now decreasing by 22%. and as we see eth prices are slowly ascending.
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
December 30, 2017, 10:59:11 PM
RIPPLE Corrects 20% And Still Stays On Top Of Ethereum -- Interesting Thoughts

Ripple is correcting 20% today after a crazy stellar run up the day prior, rallying over 60%. This heavy pullback is normal and was to be expected. What's crazy to see is if Ripple will hold on to the #2 spot in the crypto market cap space.

My honest assessment is that it's another pump and dump scheme right now and just has the momentum. Ethereum is actually more utilized and has more utilization use cases than Ripple.

One thing Ripple does really well is using a new distributed ledger instead of using a blockchain. This effectively makes transaction speeds much faster, cheaper, and makes it so all the nodes don't have to store the entire blockchain data.

Overall it's fun to see these two battle it out. I think a lot of the growth of Ripple right now is in anticipation of Coinbase adding it as a traded coin. This will definitely increase volume, so should keep Ripple moving along. The drawback to this however, is that it's artificially pumping the price up so things are actually already priced in. This means the moves to the upsides aren't going to be as great since this anticipation has already become something everyone knows and is pricing.

Ripple is still more than 10% on top of Ethereum which are both at least 75% ahead of the fourth place coin which is Bitcoin Cash. Safe to say a change in 2nd and 3rd doesn't really do much.

Since Litecoin is a fork from Bitcoin and actually is an improvement in my mind, I think this could ultimately be a sign of Bitcoin's fate? Litecoin maintained 2nd and 3rd positions for a long time and is now struggling for 6th just ahead of IOTA which is still a token.

Alrighty, that's enough rant for now. Let me know your thoughts on Ripple vs Ethereum!!!
Pages:
Jump to: