Pages:
Author

Topic: “RISK” - Motivating factor rather than a Prevention factor in Gambling? - page 3. (Read 1106 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Bazinga!
i think yes and no so i voted for "Somehow Motivating"

it is not the risk that is playing a role in gambling but instead the reward that you get from that risk (or better say you might get).
as you know the higher risks bring bigger reward too. that is why sometimes you see people play a 999x on dice sites because the reward of playing with this huge risk is also huge even with a small amount that you get from a faucet.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
For me its a prevention factor, or an addicting factor at times. Whenever I make a bet and think of it as being risky, I just ignore it and play it safe. Kind of the best thing to do in gambling, unless you want to take the risk and have a chance of hitting big.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1026
I play with money can afford to lose. also playing with free money, in fact I never think about the risk, when I play to have fun. I bet when I'm sure, and not think of any risk of loss. unless I put my money for gambling and I will definitely think twice to bet and always think about the risk.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 647
Do you believe that “risk” is a key motivating factor, rather than a prevention factor, in engaging in gambling?
Were you became engaged in gambling because it was risky and exciting or there's any other reason? What's your position here?

For me, risk is a prevention factor in Gambling. That's the reason why I'm not really into it. I'm more on thinking that, "what if I lose?" more than thinking "what if I win?". Maybe some of you will say, "gamble just for fun", well for me, losing is not fun, maybe because I can't afford to lose the fruit of my hard work.
Pages:
Jump to: