Pages:
Author

Topic: Risk of Scarcity. - page 3. (Read 482 times)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 133
May 21, 2021, 01:21:14 AM
I don't think we will have much problem to grow more resources for the more population because we are technologically (specially in biodiversity) much advanced, that we can artificially create foods on a large scale if necessary. The people getting jobless is a big problem, but, the disease is also bad and should be controlled, while those people can try to earn something from online or use their savings for this pandemic, but another issue is, this lockdown is making people to reproduce more and adding more to population Grin which needs to be controlled a bit Grin
Activity: 1498
Merit: 146
May 20, 2021, 11:39:06 AM
Due to the pandemic the demand for food products increased a lot, and certain products faced down as well which means that people stacking the food products more than what they needed due to the fear of lockdown which is what we saw exactly in 2020 in many countries.

But do these issue still exists?
Activity: 532
Merit: 13
May 20, 2021, 11:20:56 AM
This has a lot of effect on my economy even before the pandemic we have been experiencing more import of goods and services than the import rate. Prices of goods and services have been on the high side since the pandemic and we are still facing it.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
May 20, 2021, 09:27:20 AM

watching the news all the time will help you see how these trade wars are going to affect economies. the grocery stores normally is filled with unlimited products but today there are stores that has empty shelves. scarcity of toilet papers was the first to be reported when pandemic started.

there is actually a token project that tries to solve  Supply Chain Management (SCM) and thats Vechain (VET). i have no updated information about the project but their token is pretty bullish.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
May 20, 2021, 09:18:12 AM
Is it scarcity. Or is it merely an escalation in trade deficits and trade wars which have perpetuated for many years now.

For many years the USA imposed trade sanctions on rogue states like north korea, russia and iran.

Recent events in the USA involving semiconductor shortages, parts shortages and fuel shortages are generally what happens to a nation when it is hit by economic sanctions.

I don't think it really matters what's happening now. No one remembers the trade wars when Donald Trump was President. No one remembers that those trade wars did not necessarily end.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 516
May 20, 2021, 08:27:40 AM
     Now a days our economy suffers deficiency of supply due of high population, poverty and lack of oriented of an individual. Supply Chain Management (SCM) one who managed the flow Good's and service into raw material into finished product. Right now the resources of foods and services it's getting worst due of the pandemic more People's lose their works , and the supply of an Government it is not enough for everyone.

I find it a big problem as well that the supply chain management changed the world so much. Companies are afraid to do inventory, everything needs to be done just in time. There is no room for error. In the food industry it is the most dangerous. What if we have 1 year of bad crops with only 20% return compared to the average yield? This is very dangerous. We can already see the problems right now in Africa and south America. I read in an article that in Brazil 1 out 6 people don't have enough food right now. That is terrible, we should do better.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1575
Do not die for Putin
May 20, 2021, 07:52:23 AM
If I get you right, you are talking about the issues with supplies that are currently happening across the globe. It is well know that we seem to be in what is called a commodities supercycle due to increasing activity after the pandemic meeting the insufficient production of some critical raw materials due to the pandemic. Some of these, such as wood take quite a bit to recover and are greatly influencing prices. In poorer countries this means that there will not be enough.
Activity: 2870
Merit: 642
May 19, 2021, 06:20:57 AM
A big problem if one country is not prepared for the future.
The pandemic came and most leaders didn't even know what to do. Close the airports and lose tourism but with the risk of getting the sickness from a different country.
Then there is the lower class that lost their jobs with businesses closing to avoid scattering the sickness. (not a necessity business)
Scarcity just as you said is also because of that reason. They are not letting businesses run in full swing to avoid employees from physical contact.
It's the sad truth but all we can do is wait and survive until everything goes back to normal.
Activity: 868
Merit: 63
May 19, 2021, 06:03:13 AM
The problem is that a lot of governments around the world doesn't have an efficient and clear plans regarding supply chain so most of the time, a lot of the resources are wasted because of the inefficient management in the supply chain. If we create a direct farm to market for supply chains, I am sure that we are able to solve the problem of scarcity. Another thing worth mentioning is that the proper storage should be robust and adaptable to prolong the shelf life of perishable supplies.
Ucy
Activity: 2576
Merit: 401
May 19, 2021, 05:49:12 AM
Thought it's about currency scarcity, which actually makes both small and big investors in deflationary cryptocurrency have more to spend on things they need.
In regards to the scarcity of basic goods and services, that typically results from not producing enough of the basic goods and services to meet demand. And this could also cause their prices to increase. I think people should use the money they earn to produce more rather just consuming. A society could alternatively (or in combination with the self help) invest more in the production/producers that's based on merit. Producers could be scored based on how fast they can produce good things without compromising on safety standards. You reward the best with more temporal lands, equipments, funds etc to produce more. I would invest more in medium/small-scale producers who are good at what they do.  You could easily get them to follow the reasonable health safety rules. Those who are reckless may even work under those who are cautious & good at what they do, to learn how to produce the right way without compromising on safety standards
Activity: 69
Merit: 12
May 19, 2021, 12:00:46 AM
     Now a days our economy suffers deficiency of supply due of high population, poverty and lack of oriented of an individual. Supply Chain Management (SCM) one who managed the flow Good's and service into raw material into finished product. Right now the resources of foods and services it's getting worst due of the pandemic more People's lose their works , and the supply of an Government it is not enough for everyone.
Pages:
Jump to: