Pages:
Author

Topic: Roger Ver interview with a prediction: Up to 250K/BTC. - page 3. (Read 3043 times)

legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
i have seen many people predicting 1 btc to be worth $1,000,000 at some point, which is beyond insane. but now a well respected and quite an important bitcoiner says $250k per coin, makes me think he is simply not thinking in a realistic manner.

well, people ganged up on Harry Blodgett in 1998 when he said that AMZN will go to $400 eventually (when AMZN was $120 split adjusted) and he even lost the job during first internet crash because of his optimism. AMZN went to be $3600 now (split adjusted from Oct 1998).

People have notorious difficulty pricing in the long term trends.  
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
These predictions makes that newbies buy a bitcoin an expect to be rich in few weeks. Bitcoin could grow its price so much, but nobody can predict a price for bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
i have seen many people predicting 1 btc to be worth $1,000,000 at some point, which is beyond insane. but now a well respected and quite an important bitcoiner says $250k per coin, makes me think he is simply not thinking in a realistic manner.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
Word.

Just keep on accumulating as much btc as I can while I still can at relatively cheep prices...
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tIOcMjuPkQ&t=6m

Very possible if you look at the big picture. In the following years, like some people is pointing out already, look at the insane debts racking up on every country on the planet. So many bubbles about to burst. We only need a small amount of all that money to go into Bitcoin to make it go 6 figures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2nXgK34HIM

Very small total supply, that will keep shrinking with every halving (not to mention every time some Bitcoins are lost forever), currently only a tiny 4 billion marketcap... (a company like Uber is approaching 50 billion marketcap fast, to give you some perspective). The potential for growth is insane but people is still attached to the last ATH as some sort of psychological limit. You aren't looking at what we have on our hands here with with tunnel vision if you see those tiny price predictions as the pinnacle of the Bitcoin price.
Pages:
Jump to: