Pages:
Author

Topic: Rolex watches for investment - page 2. (Read 203 times)

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 3047
February 04, 2021, 01:57:10 PM
Is it easy to buy Rolex watches and resell them after a few years at a higher price?
If so, how many years have to pass?
What % gain may i expect in 10 years? For gold&silver for example, we may expect at least a 10-20% increase

For investment gold it is easier to determine how much it is worth years later, because the price per oz is public, and you just multiply it by the weight of your coin/bullion.

But for watches it is not that simple.
A watch is like a piece of art, so i have no idea on how to estimate the value of a, say, Rolex from year 1990.

The same applies to jewelery stuff that you want to sell as-is ( as a crafted product, not based solely on the material ).

How can you evaluate , in general, the current value of a crafted product or piece of art with precious materials, that required also actual man work to be crafted, not just the material?

It's good to see that you're trying to diversify your investments, that is always a wise decision, so congratulations on that alone!

As for the question itself, from the looks of it, it seems that you hold no experience in this kind of field (watch appraisal mainly). In order to fully understand whatever piece that you may hold I think that you would have to go to specialized shops in order for them to give you an appraisal on the value of the watch itself. I know that for this you would have to get it before (so it could impact your decision) but it's either that or just establish a partnership with someone that could give you information , or even go with you to events where you could grab this watches and then it could feed you information about them.

This website, for example, gives you an estimate on what the value of the watch might be considering its use and what documents it still holds - https://www.chrono24.co.uk/info/valuation.htm
Activity: 613
Merit: 305
February 04, 2021, 01:39:24 PM
Is it easy to buy Rolex watches and resell them after a few years at a higher price?
If so, how many years have to pass?
What % gain may i expect in 10 years? For gold&silver for example, we may expect at least a 10-20% increase

For investment gold it is easier to determine how much it is worth years later, because the price per oz is public, and you just multiply it by the weight of your coin/bullion.

But for watches it is not that simple.
A watch is like a piece of art, so i have no idea on how to estimate the value of a, say, Rolex from year 1990.

The same applies to jewelery stuff that you want to sell as-is ( as a crafted product, not based solely on the material ).

How can you evaluate , in general, the current value of a crafted product or piece of art with precious materials, that required also actual man work to be crafted, not just the material?
Pages:
Jump to: