Pages:
Author

Topic: rpietila Calling the Bottom - page 5. (Read 45299 times)

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
January 13, 2015, 10:18:33 AM
64-65, 2016 will be the bottom IMO.
Activity: 471
Merit: 250
January 13, 2015, 10:16:15 AM

Oh Jorge....this sort of stuff is the equivalent of drawing a cartoon of Muhammad with coke and hookers.

That's way too low even for Jorge. He's often wrong but he can't be that dumb. You need hard work to equal such level of obnoxious stupidity.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Dumb broad
January 13, 2015, 10:05:11 AM
What possible reason will there be for no more speculation or hoarding in a currency that is designed specifically for that?

The white paper does not mention that, does it?  The declared purpose of bitcoin was to be a currency for e-payments, not a get-rich-by-sittng-on-it instrument.  Given that goal, making the supply fixed probably was a mistake, as economists keep saying (after all, "Satoshi" was a computer scientist, not an economist.)

Besides perhaps the mistaken notion that the inflation of national currencies is a bad thing, the fixed money supply is something that a computer scientist would have chosen for ease of implementation.  An unbounded money supply would have been a pain to program; he could not have used a fixed block and transition layout with 64-bit long ints, he would have needed a variable-length multiword integer, in the layout and in the implementation.

That is only one of many details in the protocol that suggest that it was never meant to be more than a computer experiment.  Take, for example, the abrupt halving of the reward every 4 years: it is a source of instability and uncertainty, the 2016 halving is already having people worried now.  Why didn't he specify a more gradual decrease, that would give the same 0.5 factor in 4 years but in small monthly steps? The only reason I can think of is that it would have required another page or two of source code, and a table of 48 steps, properly rounded, and another paragraph in the white paper...

Oh Jorge....this sort of stuff is the equivalent of drawing a cartoon of Muhammad with coke and hookers: criticising Satoshi will have the cultists calling Fatwah on you Wink

"All hail Satoshi"
Activity: 378
Merit: 254
January 13, 2015, 09:58:11 AM
... Take, for example, the abrupt halving of the reward every 4 years: it is a source of instability and uncertainty, the 2016 halving is already having people worried now.  Why didn't he specify a more gradual decrease, that would give the same 0.5 factor in 4 years but in small monthly steps? The only reason I can think of is that it would have required another page or two of source code, and a table of 48 steps, properly rounded, and another paragraph in the white paper...

Actually thought same myself, not kidding.
Activity: 910
Merit: 1003
January 13, 2015, 09:55:03 AM
What possible reason will there be for no more speculation or hoarding in a currency that is designed specifically for that?

The white paper does not mention that, does it?  The declared purpose of bitcoin was to be a currency for e-payments, not a get-rich-by-sittng-on-it instrument.  Given that goal, making the supply fixed probably was a mistake, as economists keep saying (after all, "Satoshi" was a computer scientist, not an economist.)

Besides perhaps the mistaken notion that the inflation of national currencies is a bad thing, the fixed money supply is something that a computer scientist would have chosen for ease of implementation.  An unbounded money supply would have been a pain to program; he could not have used a fixed block and transition layout with 64-bit long ints, he would have needed a variable-length multiword integer, in the layout and in the implementation.

That is only one of many details in the protocol that suggest that it was never meant to be more than a computer experiment.  Take, for example, the abrupt halving of the reward every 4 years: it is a source of instability and uncertainty, the 2016 halving is already having people worried now.  Why didn't he specify a more gradual decrease, that would give the same 0.5 factor in 4 years but in small monthly steps? The only reason I can think of is that it would have required another page or two of source code, and a table of 48 steps, properly rounded, and another paragraph in the white paper...

legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035
January 13, 2015, 09:51:12 AM
I haven't changed my mind, nor my actions.

Agreed, nothing has changed, we've been here before, this time we at $200 and not $2.  People think its over Cheesy

The blatant fact that bitcoin CAN fail has never occured to you?

You seem to be a desperate person, you change your sentiment 20 times a day, and the fact that you seek comfort in this forum about your shitty investment is just worrying.

I've never changed sentiment. I'm only rational unlike many people here
I'm sorry I must have missed something. Can you please point out a scenario and cause for Bitcoin's failure?

I don't think it will but so many people here seem to think bitcoin is unstoppable and will succeed.
It's far from guaranteed so I don't know why you're questioning me. Maybe you're a genius and have already taken as many loans as you can though? I mean, why wouldn't you if it's guaranteed to succeed?
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
January 13, 2015, 09:44:54 AM

Agreed, nothing has changed, we've been here before, this time we at $200 and not $2.  People think its over Cheesy

You seem to be a desperate person, you change your sentiment 20 times a day, and the fact that you seek comfort in this forum about your shitty investment is just worrying.

I'm sorry I must have missed something. Can you please point out a scenario and cause for Bitcoin's failure?
legendary
January 13, 2015, 09:43:23 AM

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
things you own end up owning you
January 13, 2015, 09:42:27 AM

legendary
January 13, 2015, 09:39:48 AM

Activity: 378
Merit: 254
January 13, 2015, 09:23:52 AM
Rpietila promised me $10k coin by last Christmas.  Are we still on track?
legendary
Activity: 1316
January 13, 2015, 08:12:22 AM

legendary
January 13, 2015, 08:09:12 AM

Smothie, at this point I thought you would already have some wisdom, the possibility of hitting lower double digits is really huge, and the bubble cycle has just came to an end, after we hit a bottom, Bitcoin will become mature and will experience slow growth, people will start using it as they suppose to, instead of hoarding the shit of it, which will bring huge liquidity that will keep the price really kind of stable.

It may take years to get to what we were at before.

The problem with that of course, is that it is complete baloney. What possible reason will there be for no more speculation or hoarding in a currency that is designed specifically for that?

Well, I could try explaining it for 100th time, but the fact that you are asking me "again" means that no one gives a fuck about what I was trying to express for almost a year now... so my only response is " time will tell my friend".
legendary
Activity: 1176
January 13, 2015, 07:59:33 AM

Smothie, at this point I thought you would already have some wisdom, the possibility of hitting lower double digits is really huge, and the bubble cycle has just came to an end, after we hit a bottom, Bitcoin will become mature and will experience slow growth, people will start using it as they suppose to, instead of hoarding the shit of it, which will bring huge liquidity that will keep the price really kind of stable.

The problem with that of course, is that it is complete baloney. What possible reason will there be for no more speculation or hoarding in a currency that is designed specifically for that?
legendary
January 13, 2015, 07:53:47 AM
hahaha this retarded bull-idiots bitcoin worshippers

Your coin is an inflationary MESS and will never see a new ATH

It's not half as advanced as most alts. It's image is tarnished. Get out now people!

You have been falling for the hype of these bulltards people and handed your money to them. But they are all full of shit and will continue to tell you to buy their shit from them.

1. "will never see a new ATH" has been claimed in so many other instances prior to 2013... lol

2. Since when does bitcoin need to be "advanced" to be successful? The bitcoin protocol is secure.

"THE BITCOIN PROTOCOL IS SECURE. GET OUT NOW PEOPLE!" lol

3. You forget that everyone gets price predictions wrong from time to time, even me. Trust me buddy you will be proven wrong as well.

Just wait...  Tongue

donator
Merit: 1036
January 13, 2015, 05:13:42 AM

Wouldn't you believe that it would be better to give more specific updates.

For example, I am largely doing the same thing, which is holding and continuing to buy, and even experiencing other kinds of adjustments and rethinking... NONETHELESS, i remain confident that it is good to continue to buy and accumulate.

However, my thinking may be different if I had begun buying BTC at a lower price  (and my BTC portfolio were in the black) or if I had accumulated thousands of BTC.

Also, I remain hesitant to sell; however, if I were certain that the price were going to go down at least 5 or 10%, then I would sell and rebuy.. but I am never that confident about the price going down and I believe at any time some big player can come in and reverse the direction to cause BTC prices to move upward at a fairly incredible speed.

+1

(Show me a person who has ever profited from a "strategy" of "buying back lower". Over as short a timeframe as 5 years, it's likely to underperform significantly to simple buy/hold good stuff.)
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 10424
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
January 13, 2015, 04:45:40 AM

Wouldn't you believe that it would be better to give more specific updates.

For example, I am largely doing the same thing, which is holding and continuing to buy, and even experiencing other kinds of adjustments and rethinking... NONETHELESS, i remain confident that it is good to continue to buy and accumulate.

However, my thinking may be different if I had begun buying BTC at a lower price  (and my BTC portfolio were in the black) or if I had accumulated thousands of BTC.

Also, I remain hesitant to sell; however, if I were certain that the price were going to go down at least 5 or 10%, then I would sell and rebuy.. but I am never that confident about the price going down and I believe at any time some big player can come in and reverse the direction to cause BTC prices to move upward at a fairly incredible speed.
donator
Merit: 1036
January 13, 2015, 02:59:18 AM
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
January 13, 2015, 01:59:19 AM
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
January 13, 2015, 01:40:12 AM
hahaha this retarded bull-idiots bitcoin worshippers

Your coin is an inflationary MESS and will never see a new ATH

It's not half as advanced as most alts. It's image is tarnished. Get out now people!

You have been falling for the hype of these bulltards people and handed your money to them. But they are all full of shit and will continue to tell you to buy their shit from them.

1. "will never see a new ATH" has been claimed in so many other instances prior to 2013... lol

2. Since when does bitcoin need to be "advanced" to be successful? The bitcoin protocol is secure.

"THE BITCOIN PROTOCOL IS SECURE. GET OUT NOW PEOPLE!" lol

3. You forget that everyone gets price predictions wrong from time to time, even me. Trust me buddy you will be proven wrong as well.

Just wait...  Tongue
Pages:
Jump to: