Pages:
Author

Topic: rpietila's Crypto Kingdom game is a scam, heavily in debt. Do not deposit funds. - page 13. (Read 31032 times)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0
I have been Risto's friend in his up's and down's for a while, mostly following his public career from distance, but after I met him again some 5 weeks ago after more than 1,5 year of not meeting him I did participate in CryptoKingdom for time after that and now I see my nick (ronaz) pulled to this thread so I came answer for things, albeit was unclear what is the question to answer, to be clear from my side. I guess question is basically what the heck is happening. I have been out there with my real name all the time and would not wish to see any blame come towards me.

I have never been m3 depository manager, which saddam and whole community can confirm for you. I was one of the candidates of when saddam would stop, which has not happened yet.

Regarding b1 depository, saddam was trying to hand it it to me around 14th of April but nothing done to it then yet, then at 18th of April when Risto changed b1 notes to indicate that I need to do it (but with limited access to coins, I had some of his), I agreed for short time as the small amount of his coins in my possession didn't keep withdraw side satisfied for long (~day) and Risto started to run secondary withdrawal on the side for getting more Markka I think. For the larger amount that I was helping him to pull from wallets, most was send to saddam to keep up the b1 depository, which he can also confirm. And Z had got mad and started Eastern weekend accusations in 2 hours after not replying to him, about it running to low so quickly, which was then cleared as he was provided transactions logs and he has not given blame since.

I would like to add that that at the time when I was pushed to be the b1 depository holder it was not liquid as there was more b1 items created than BTC deposited at the depository, and those actions continued. These were Zecheriach's, Coinshop's and Crown's character's b1 item creations, done before I had ever even touch that little to the b1 depository, that had caused the deficit. Link for calculations where the mismatch can be seen is available by PM on request.

And b1 deposit side was opened couple days later of that day and it was open less than a week and total just a bit over 1 BTC had come in, of which transaction log has been gone over and cleared in IRC earlier. I'm happy to send those coins to whomever community figures out is fair.

I have visited Tallinn myself, participated in some events (except refused to come for the fuck fest as that is not something I would like to my name to be mixed with) there and last couple times I visited my main concern was Risto's well-being, community's trust collapsing (fair reaction, I might add) and I repeatedly told him to shut the embassy parties down, calm down somewhere and make deal with debtors before things get more out of hand. Which in the sense of fire, water damage and last-in-line of debtors so far getting close to de nada etc. happened.

edit: corrected March -> April in dates.
Activity: 5
we LOVE you PJ, thanks for the work u do and will do in the future =)))

And fenrick thanks for mentioning me in your post. I am honoured u would do free publicity to me, that shows ur a good person =)

Sincerely CC
Activity: 36
I don't believe serje has anything to do with it.

He got a paid trip to Talinn as he was first to claim and he got I think 3000€ there another time which is the reason he's defensive about the game, he was one of the lucky ones that managed to cash out.

Saddam is as clear as it gets, PJ is just a programmer.

As you already recognized my role in CryptoKingdom, I was the guy behind UI responsible for coding and improving players experience. I believed very much in it that I quit my 9-5 daywork to be able to work only on CK. I wanted it to flourish and I am really sad to see where it is going.

I did not have any involvement in any transactions and interest debts, but I can confirm that full control over game code and database is under my responsibility, so, game data will be protected, if somebody would like to interfere, that will not be possible.

I know, that is not much meaningful, if it's not backed by real (crypto) money behind, but since CK is still my only job, I will continue to improve it and upgrade (even without Risto around).

Please, feel free to contact me for any question or suggestion,

All best,
PJ
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002
Activity: 260
Merit: 105
A Lingering Ghost
Activity: 119
Merit: 11
Most scammers are bad people

That is debatable. After the fact, it is a reasonable conclusion, but it isn't at all uncommon that many scams (especially fractional reserve scams) start with people not being deliberately evil, but more like a little sloppy or overly-optimistic, and willing to fudge a bit, until matters spiral more and more out of control. I have no particular insight into this case beyond the facts that I what I wrote on the OP, it is more of a general observation that seems to hold across many scams.

@FenrirCK

I added a link to your cast-of-characters post in the OP

I don't believe risto had a premeditated plan to destroy CK and scam people, I think the theft of his XMR last year probably set off a sequence of events that led to the break down of his marriage, a messy settlement with custody of his kids, and progressively more self destructive behaviour and isolation from family and true friends. In this context, with increased drug and alcohol use, his decision making and behaviour is classic attention seeking self sabotage stuff. It's like he wants to destroy CK, he's deliberately doing this ridiculous 'scam' with the interest as an act of self loathing, he wants this to happen, he wants to be hated now.

I spent a couple of years in self destruct mode, and provoking people to abuse and hate on you is what you're after when you hate yourself. I would do crazy shit like risto is doing to provoke people, not consciously, but in retrospect I know I did this because I wanted the outside world to match my own inner opinion of myself , which was shit. I got that way from grief over a car accident where some people died, and the guilt made me a different person. I think this is happening to risto maybe.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Most scammers are bad people

That is debatable. After the fact, it is a reasonable conclusion, but it isn't at all uncommon that many scams (especially fractional reserve scams) start with people not being deliberately evil, but more like a little sloppy or overly-optimistic, and willing to fudge a bit, until matters spiral more and more out of control. I have no particular insight into this case beyond the facts that I wrote on the OP, it is more of a general observation that seems to hold across many scams.

@FenrirCK

I added a link to your cast-of-characters post in the OP
Activity: 119
Most people following Crypto Kingdom have noticed significant changes in rpietila's behaviour and personality in the last 6 months, and imo he is suffering from a mental illness that is severely impacting his mental and emotional state, and his decision making. He has a history of mental illness, and has experienced some major stress events in his life recently, including theft of 700k XMR, marriage breakdown,  and estrangement from his children. Lately he seems to have immersed himself so deeply in the roll playing aspect of the Game, and imo he's literally lost touch with reality now. This doesn't excuse his bad behaviour as outlined in this scam thread, but it does explain it partly.

Most scammers are bad people, but in this case rpietila is more 'mad' than bad. With treatment he could regain clarity and resume his former mental state, and if this was to occur I believe he would make whole all those he owes, and would be sincerely remorseful.

Mental illness is a factor in rpietila's recent actions.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150
Freedom&Honor
I don't believe serje has anything to do with it.

He got a paid trip to Talinn as he was first to claim and he got I think 3000€ there another time which is the reason he's defensive about the game, he was one of the lucky ones that managed to cash out.

Saddam is as clear as it gets, PJ is just a programmer.
Activity: 25
Community compiled & reviewed list of participants:

Scammers
Do not trust. Please downvote for trust.

rpietila / Zechariah
  • Refusal / dodging numerous withdrawals of BTC, XMR as well as EUR
  • Violent behavior when approached in person to withdraw EUR
  • Moderating CK main thread to remove whistleblowers
  • Falsifying stories of fires and threats and theft to justify not paying debts
  • Mentally ill, and possibly psychotic or under narcotics
  • Single-handedly changed terms on his obligations to BTC debts to be paid back in Markka (=his own monopoly money)
  • Printing in-game BTC and XMR without corresponding deposits

serje
  • Repeated support of rpietila and being present in physical form in Tallinn
  • Shutting up whistleblowers in CK main thread and IRC
  • Elevated due to community messages for repeatedly protecting the scammer (received early bribes in Tallinn)
  • Having access to "Ibiza-money" VIP-line from Risto's pocket
  • Multiple outrageous ad hominem attacks including both in IRC and the forums
  • Supporting every single post of the main scammer by bumping and quoting them in full with no sense of criticism, simultaneously neglecting the aspect of unpaid debts

Vigens
  • Fraudalent auctioning of assets directly associated to CK
  • Liquidating assets on behalf of main scammer Zechariah
  • All-around Estonian pay2shill working as a lap dog of main scammer Zechariah

Fraudalent / Ignorant / Ass-licking shitpants
Potentially cleared in the future. I suggest not trusting until otherwise announced.

Cconnected (Kert Hallik), Malgarthius, Dannybreal, Larsinoense,  and other at-site employees
  • Shutting up whistleblowers in various channels
  • Apparently employed by rpietila to upkeep shill

Suspicious
Please comment to clear your name ASAP.
-

Harmless
Just caught in-between due to bad luck (?).

PJ
  • Paid by rpietila (software development)
  • The only person with access to Crypto Kingdom source code and/or database

Multiple gamemasters / contributors of Crypto Kingdom
  • Misled by rpietila into wasting their time and deposits while he pocketed the money and took advantage of the content

Cleared and trustworthy
Good guys caught amidst the mess.

saddam
  • Ex-depository manager for both B1 / M3
  • Has cleared all deposits and withdrawals without flaws while in office. Trustworthy person, who is now leaving due to the obvious on-going scam. Vote him trustworthy.

ronaz
  • Future depo-runner to-be, until rpietila fucked things up
  • Held much less depo assets than rpietila had let the public understand and was falsely accused by rpietila of failing to run the depo (simultaneously rpietila setting up his mirror BTC depo), thus caught flak undeservingly

Please review so this list may grow to be extensive and trustworthy. I suggest it be attached to smooth's original post and kept up-to-date.
legendary
He is claiming to unilaterally change the terms of the deals.

1. All debts denominated in non-Markka, will be converted to Markka using volume-weighted Agora averages for the 24 hours following the timestamp of this post, earliest when the time is up.

No they will not, unless agreed by both parties.

I do not agree that the 2.5 BTC+interest that you owe me (and managed player) will be redenominated or settled in anything other than BTC.

Please pay your debts and stop doubling down on stupid by suggesting that you pay a debt agreed to be paid in BTC (in fact that was rather explicit) using your own worthless in-game fiat.
Activity: 649
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150
Freedom&Honor
I can confirm this to be true.

I'm an investor in this game for over 2 years now.
Really sad to see this happen..
I am owed 9.224BTC + interest.

I would really like to see the game live, but after this its reputation is ruined, and for some reason rpietila doesn't want to pay out his debts.
And we do believe he has the funds to do so.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
However, it was recently turned into a fraudulent fractional reserve scam when rpietila decided to create in-game tokens for himself without depositing, and further being unwilling or unable to pay the resulting debts incurred by the game and himself.
There's no escaping from the shady system imposed by the banks; people tend to use them in a lot of situations. I've left him a negative rating.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003
Still wild and free
I confirm all this.
I am owed 39.223BTC + interest.

Activity: 89
legendary
Pages: